I've been the happy owner of a OnePlus 3T 64GB for the past 2.5 years. Unfortunately last week the display of my 3T cracked (although still functional for now). My company will not pay for repair, but will reimburse up to the equivalent of USD 350 for a new phone every 2 years. As such I guess it's time for a new phone. Question is, which one?
I mostly use my phone for basic things; browsing, navigation, email & messaging, Facebook, occasional music and videos (Plex, VLC, streaming to ChromeCast), occasional photo's and video recording, ...
* Dual SIM (main reason for replacing my previous Moto X 2014 with Honor 5X before moving to OnePlus 3T, other than that I liked the Moto X as well)
* Fairly clean Android experience, little/no bloatware (I like the OnePlus experience much better than my earlier Samsung S2 & S4 Mini)
* Good performance (since the upgrade to OxygenOS 9.0.4, it seems like my 3T is sometimes lagging just a little bit)
* Decent battery life & fast charging
* Frequent Android updates/upgrades (my experience with OnePlus is much better than earlier Samsung phones)
* Unlockable bootloader and active custom ROM community would be good (with the 3T I've never felt the need to install a custom ROM, but it's good to have an alternative if needed, for example if the manufacturer stops providing updates)
* Easy to fit into your pocket; not too big and not too heavy
* 128GB or more storage
* Preferably 3.5 audio jack
* No Huawei due to uncertain future given USA trade restrictions
* Price around EUR 350 to 500 (give or take a couple of euro's)
* Available in The Netherlands through local (web) shops, amazon.de, or manufacturer web shop
Preferably I would like to stick with OnePlus, but I think the OnePlus 7 (Pro) or even 6/6T don't meet my requirements; too expensive, no audio jack, and probably much larger and heavier than the 3T. The main advantage for me would probably just be the much better camera on the 7 (Pro). The OnePlus 5/5T seems to meet my requirements much better, with prices around EUR 380 for OnePlus 5 128GB, or EUR 480 for 5T on amazon.de, but I'm a bit worried about Android upgrades as this is already a slightly older model.
Are there any other brands/phones that I should look into that meet my requirements but are more recent than the OnePlus 5/5T? Any major pro's or con's or other remarks with regards to buying the 5T?
(I just got it and I feel great with it)