[ ROM / 7-4 ] Calkulin's EViO 3 v1.0 [ 4.24 l Gingerbread l Undervolted l Tweaked ]

Search This thread

brol1k

Sep 27, 2007
NYC
Those who want the N driver activated flash this zip, it works perfect for me. Hey calk fell free to build this into beta 3 :)

Attachments

• Evo_wifi_fix_BGN-signed.zip
    124.1 KB · Views: 128

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Thanks but I have another problem this leaked GB Rom won't let me flash any kinda themeing taskbar,lockscreen, anything except for kernals or the phone bricks and hangs at the splash screen so now how do I stop that?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

you'll need to make sure your flashing gingerbread equivalent themes for this sense GB build.

Reactions: swurvv

smiznith

Jul 19, 2007
flashing as we speak.. thanks a bunch calk!!! you always come thru in the clutch.. like KD or Kobe

Shawnz

Apr 18, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Reboot issues on Rev4

Love the Rom but my Phone doesn't. It flashes fine and runs great.

It works up until I need to reboot the phone. If I reboot or power off the phone will not come back up for anything. I had to re-flash to get the phone bootable.

It's hardware rev 0004 if it matters.

I had to fall back on Fresh for the time being. Looking forward to the stable release!

mhoffman54

Dec 12, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Everything works great for me so far. Just a couple concerns.
-Screen stuck on 100%. I know this was mentioned, just sayin.
-I really, REALLY miss the notification bar widgets.. A LOT. I hope these are added soon!
And finally (and unfortunately possibly a deal breaker),
I can't seem to get VVM working.. Tried everything, but I still have a stupid voicemail notification up top that tells me to call..

Edit: Nevermind, VVM works. I tried everything, except for calling myself to test it, haha!! Now I guess I'll just have to listen to those 12 messages in my box to get the call-in voicemail notification to go away.
But do, please, bring the notification widgets back.

Last edited:

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
Hey Calk, great to see you back! I've been running this rom since you posted it (updated to B2 just a bit ago) and everything is great! I came from running Mik's beta version of this (not on XDA) and it was the best rom I've had on my phone, fast, stable and a battery sipper right out of the box. This rom is all that and more. The little tweaks here and there (unlocked HotSpot etc.) to the beta have made a big difference - thanks!

I'm also running your G-Tablet rom (have been since you released it) and appear to be a Calculin groupie - oh my! :)

Oh, I also miss the notification bar widgets but I know they'll show up in due time.

tonyh703

Jul 8, 2010
Everything works great for me so far. Just a couple concerns.
-Screen stuck on 100%. I know this was mentioned, just sayin.
-I really, REALLY miss the notification bar widgets.. A LOT. I hope these are added soon!
And finally (and unfortunately possibly a deal breaker),
I can't seem to get VVM working.. Tried everything, but I still have a stupid voicemail notification up top that tells me to call..

Edit: Nevermind, VVM works. I tried everything, except for calling myself to test it, haha!! Now I guess I'll just have to listen to those 12 messages in my box to get the call-in voicemail notification to go away.
But do, please, bring the notification widgets back.
notification widgets wont be around until an official release of the ROM. Too much work to get it working for this, then have to redo it when the official RUU comes out. Get on a sense 2.1 rom if you miss the widgets (quick settings tab on dropdown)

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
Love the Rom but my Phone doesn't. It flashes fine and runs great.

It works up until I need to reboot the phone. If I reboot or power off the phone will not come back up for anything. I had to re-flash to get the phone bootable.

It's hardware rev 0004 if it matters.

I had to fall back on Fresh for the time being. Looking forward to the stable release!

Did you try wiping your dalvik cache? I've noticed after flashing calks roms, you need to wipe dalvik cache before your first reboot.

achllles

Dec 9, 2007
Everything is working as it should.

I have no idea what's up with the wifi tether that comes with the rom though.

It FC on me when I activate tether, so I just ended up reinstalling, then updated via market, and is working fine.

Another thing I noticed was my 3G speed is crap for now and I'm guessing it's sprint, not the rom.

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
calkulin, i'm so glad you didn't put in the extended mobile network menus.

there have been 3 or 4 threads with loss of texts/incoming calls that all started from 2-1.8. thanks for releasing another great rom.

brol1k

Sep 27, 2007
NYC

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
Don't know what happened... had installed all my apps, then restored my sms/logs/etc with MyBackup ROOT and after reset, it was all FUBAR. All installed apps were gone, almost all settings reset, widgets all unable to load or just missing.
Just reflashed, and not going to restore the backup.

Shawnz

Apr 18, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Did you try wiping your dalvik cache? I've noticed after flashing calks roms, you need to wipe dalvik cache before your first reboot.

I did wipe Dalvik each time, no dice. I think I'm going to try another leak GB based ROM (Fresh Beta?) to see if it acts up with that ROM as well.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EViO 3 Series

97264818.png
    65447389.png
    launchers.png

Based on rooted 2.3.3 / GRI40 - 4.24.651.1

ROM includes:
    HTC 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b #1 kernel
    Most HTC apps
    EStrongs File Explorer
    Facebook
    HTC_IME mod
    Quickboot
    Wireless Tether
    Busybox
    and a couple more
    (Removed apps are in the sdcard/Removed_Apps folder)

MODs included:
    Tweaked system(Very FAST)
    Kernel is undervolted & includes Tun module, Conservative and Powersave governors
    Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot!
    Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
    Reduced auto-brightness range for better battery life
    Disabled search button(Enable zip attached)
    Removed haptic feedback from dialer & stock Android lockscreen(if you decide to use it)
    Notification bar will display TRUE network speeds(2G(1x) when used), instead of always 3G(EVDO)
    Battery % on battery meter(ported from Smooth Icons)
    Removed USB Debug notification
    Removed purple hue from most of Sense
    Colored notification icons
    Rosie app launcher displays 5x5 icons & swapped right button to launch the browser(ported from JsChiSurf's Rosie mods)
    Upped MMS size limit to 5MB(Default is 2MB still)
    Modded Flash Player so Hulu works
    Annoying ads in programs are blocked

System has also been de-odex'd, apk's have been optimized & aligned

v1.0
    Initial Release

Important Notes - Due to how this ROM is setup, a wipe is recommended BEFORE flashing

You must be rooted to flash this ROM, so go here to learn how to

Be sure to do a backup before flashing and read the change log

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0) - Mirror

Previous ROM versions

Latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot

Splash - MUST be NAND unlocked(S-OFF) to flash

splash1.png
    Here's a early release of the official version of EViO 3 based on 4.24. Has almost all the "extras" EViO 2 had minus the 4 in 1 reboot menu and the power notification widget(still haven't had a lot of time to port those but I'll get it done soon).

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0)
    Sorry for the delay in posting the official release but it's finally up now...
    I approve this statement
    Calkulin is one of the most respected and talented developers around here. I trust his judgment on when an update is appropriate. Patience, young grasshopper, is a virtue.