[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery v2.6.3.3

Search This thread

liquidxnitez

Jan 7, 2011
I used the command prompt this time around and it worked on the first reboot. Now I am happily rooted. :)

Maybe I did something incorrectly during the GooManager method.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hey fly, the recovery has a bluish, greenish tint to it. This also happened on my one x. Is there a fix for this? On my one x, i just used a previous build. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Hey fly, the recovery has a bluish, greenish tint to it. This also happened on my one x. Is there a fix for this? On my one x, i just used a previous build. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I am not really sure how to fix this. :( It happens to me on my build of TWRP when I use stock kernel.

EDIT: I see you switched over to CWM. It work good for you?

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I am not really sure how to fix this. :( It happens to me on my build of TWRP when I use stock kernel.

EDIT: I see you switched over to CWM. It work good for you?

Ya bro, works great so far. Thank u. :)

Edit....i have yet to try a aroma installer script though. Ill check it out now. Will report back in a sec.

Edit2....Aroma installers have all worked great so far.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

roninr1c

Jan 8, 2008
Miami, FL
www.flrteam.com
I have the ATT HTC One. I unlocked it thru HTCDev. Now i am trying to flash the recovery and it isn't working.

So i use the below command line, but it doesn't actually install the recovery. Also, if i try to go to recovery it just boots up the phone as normal.

C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (7916 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.154s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.640s]
finished. total time: 1.794s

Any ideas?

agreen123

Jun 18, 2009
When I try to flash the recovery, I'm getting an error... I'm using an unlocked AT&T device (unlocked from the HTCDev site). Any suggestions or pointers?

C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7.img
sending 'recovery' (6 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.230s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))
finished. total time: 0.311s

slimc84

Nov 22, 2011
I have the ATT HTC One. I unlocked it thru HTCDev. Now i am trying to flash the recovery and it isn't working.

So i use the below command line, but it doesn't actually install the recovery. Also, if i try to go to recovery it just boots up the phone as normal.

C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (7916 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.154s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.640s]
finished. total time: 1.794s

Any ideas?

i had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I had to flash recovery multiple times and reboot into bootloader. Once you get tampered at the top of the bootloader screen, you are good to go.

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
Thanks for the refresher course on some of those fastboot cmd's everything went well.

Sent from my HTC ONE CMfied using xda premium

Last edited:

mikectrl

Apr 18, 2009
Texas
I have unlocked the bootloader, and successfully installed TWRP 2.5.0.0. However, upon booting into recovery I selected "Install" to install SuperSU, and the file is not listed. I did check that it is mounting the internal storage. I checked in ES-Filemanger and it's present on the device with the correct file extention, but its still not there to install. I click the middle icon where a terminal like screen comes up. I get tons of errors about not being able to mount '/data' and other stuff. Also, when I select "Reboot > System" I do get a prompt that the phone isn't rooted and if I want to install SuperSU... So I slide to accept and install, but it never installs?

Any help here please? Thanks... :good:

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
Hi Mike. I'd just download Scotts deodex's one ROM with su all ready in it. Backup, flash, backup, delete first back up. :) much easier that way.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

mikectrl

Apr 18, 2009
Texas
Hi Mike. I'd just download Scotts deodex's one ROM with su all ready in it. Backup, flash, backup, delete first back up. :) much easier that way.

I can't even run the backup option, I tried that at the very beginning and it fails... It just gives a ton of " unable to mount '/x' " errors

edit: i've also tried to manually mount data, but when i tap to select it; it will not select it

Last edited:

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
Go back to bootloader and fastboot erase cache then fashboot flash recovery again then again erase cache and boot back into recovery and see if you can make a backup

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Perhaps also try redownloading recovery IMG in case its corrupt

mikectrl

Apr 18, 2009
Texas
Go back to bootloader and fastboot erase cache then fashboot flash recovery again then again erase cache and boot back into recovery and see if you can make a backup

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Perhaps also try redownloading recovery IMG in case its corrupt

Still didn't work :(

This is exactly what reads on the phone in terminal after trying to make a backup.. Or when I just hit the terminal button on the main screen

Code:
E:Unable to mount '/data'
E:Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/cache'
E:Unable to mount internal storage.
E:Unable to mount /data/media during GUI startu (can't read past that)
E:TWFunc: :Copy_Log -- Can't open destination lo (can't read past that)
E:Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/ . twrps when (can't read past that)
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount internal storage

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
Does your bootloader screen say unlocked / tampered? Sorry if that's a silly question but back to basics and is usually something silly that gets us stuck.

mikectrl

Apr 18, 2009
Texas
Does your bootloader screen say unlocked / tampered? Sorry if that's a silly question but back to basics and is usually something silly that gets us stuck.

Yeah it does say 'unlocked / tampered' up top and I've tried redownloading the image.. also tried renaming the image and checked the md5. Totally stuck at this point..

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
My next step would have been md5 check. Hmmm wonder if somhow partitions got corrupt on the phone? Does it boot up OK? Maybe factory reset

mikectrl

Apr 18, 2009
Texas
Crazy it can't mount anything. Is there an RUU for this device yet if so you could just run that? Or I would try switching to CWM.

I haven't checked to see if there is an RUU for it yet, but I don't *think* there is.. I'm gonna try a factory reset, and if that doesn't work I was going to try and flash CWM recovery and see if that works. I won't be doing that for a while now though. I work nights and I need to get some sleep, luckily I'm off tonight, and keep working at it. I'll report back later if those things end up not working.. Thanks for your reply Fly was hoping you would chime in :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Key Features:
    • Ability to save custom recovery settings
    • Default partitions to back up
    • Default zip folder location
    • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
    • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
    • Zip Signature Verification
    • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
    • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
    • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
    • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
    • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
    • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
    • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
    • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
    • Home - Main Menu
    • Menu - Advanced Menu
    • Back - Up a Menu Level
    • Search - Select Current Selection
    • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)

HTC Dumlock Instructions:
    1. Install the build of TWRP using your method of choice, but you must actually flash TWRP to recovery. No fastboot booting it. We need it in recovery so that this build of TWRP will be flashed to your boot. This new build of TWRP has features in it to easily restore your original boot.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Make a backup of your phone.
    4. Tap Advanced.
    5. Tap HTC Dumlock. (If you don't see HTC Dumlock then you need to remove any custom TWRP theme that you might be using.)
    6. Tap Install HTC Dumlock. This will install the app and binaries needed to make everything work nicely.
    7. Reboot your device.
    8. Find and open the HTC Dumlock app.
    9. If/when prompted, give the app root (SuperUser) permissions.
    10. Tap the Execute HTC Dumlock button.
    11. Wait patiently for a couple of minutes. It takes a little while.
    12. If your device doesn't reboot automatically, reboot it manually. Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
    13. You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
    14. Tap Advanced.
    15. Tap HTC Dumlock.
    16. Tap Restore Original Boot.
    17. Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
    • Consider donating!
    • Note, you must repeat steps 8 through 17 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot.

Installation:
    Unlock bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
    Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
    Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
    From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
    From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Video Tutorials:
    How To Unlock The Bootloader EASIEST Method - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gzJdwCxX0
    How To ROOT EASIEST METHOD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KmsxO84UU

PC USB Mass Storage:
    You can't! :( http://teamw.in/DataMedia

Downloads:
    If rooted. You can flash using GooManager in the Play Store
    http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7/
    Hey I have a Att htc one. C am anyone tell me how to root it if possible? Thanks

Go unlock your bootloader. Then inside of TWRP it should detect that your not rooted and automatically root . If it doesn't prompt you. There are two links in the OP that you flash in recovery that will give you root.
    Do you have the stock recovery img?
    Nice job! This is really tempting me as I try to hold out for the Galaxy S4. Your making it very hard for me not to go buy this :angel:
    Nice job! This is really tempting me as I try to hold out for the Galaxy S4. Your making it very hard for me not to go buy this :angel:

Dude you know you have much love for HTC.
    come join us!
    This phone is what the One X was supposed to be. :)