[ROM] [AOSPA 4+ Official Builds] [d2lte] ParanoidAndroid 4.4 BETA 1 (June 04 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
[MOD EDIT]
All D2LTE AOSPA-legacy builds have been unified and have been consolidated into a single thread.
Please head here for the unified builds & discussion:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129993

Thank you!
--------------------------------
png_banner.png

Quick Links:

Skip to Downloads
Skip to FAQ

Rom Information:

The Paranoid Android team tries very hard to create new and exciting features, while remaining faithful the the AOSP design philosophy and aesthetic. They are responsible for many noteworthy features over the last couple years that are now commonplace in many other ROMs. They continue to improve on their ideas with new and more intuitive features in the latest iterations of their work.

Notable Features:
  • Pie Controls
  • Halo (Discontinued - Replaced by Hover)
  • Hybrid Properties (Per-App DPI settings) - Not yet implemented in current PA builds. It is planned for the future.

Current Major Features:

The AOSPA Legacy team needs your support!

They are trying to upgrade the build servers to be able to support more devices. It is not a requirement, but they would very much appreciate any help you can give. Please click the link below if you would like to contribute.
Help the team!

Credits:

AOSPA Team, AOSPA Legacy Team, Google/AOSP Project, CyanogenMod, and any others I'm fogetting.
--Please PM me if I've forgotten someone!

Disclaimer:

I am not affiliated with the official Paranoid Android teams (AOSPA/AOSPAL). I maintain this thread with permission from Ayysir (Andre Saddler), who maintains the official builds for our device.

----------

Please PM me if I have forgotten anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I "dirty flash" updates to Paranoid Android?
A: Usually, yes! I will try to make a special note next to the download section when clean flashes are recommended, however I am not perfect and may forget. Please always read the information in the latest Changelog to avoid any hassle.

Q: The Paranoid OTA app says my gapps need updated. Is this really necessary?
A: Nope! Google Apps are automatically updated via the Play Store, and therefore do not need to be updated manually. Additionally, if "dirty flashing" a new version, Paranoid Android automatically backs up Google Apps and restores them, so they are not necessary. However, when clean flashing (if you manually wiped the system partition), it is recommended that you use the latest gapps from the Paranoid OTA app.

Last edited:

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
I finished fleshing out the OP.

Please make sure to PM me if I missed anything, or if you have any suggestions for the thread.

Stay Paranoid!

Last edited:

akaTRAP

Mar 2, 2014
I love how stable AOSPA has been for me in the past. I've had the least amount of issues running it. Only thing I would love to see is quiet hours built in like CM11 and notifications on the lock screen like Carbon. Other than that, I can't wait for 4.4.3 to come out.

One thing I want to point out before it does come out is CM11 is having an issue with aftermarket kernels when it comes to changing the LED; it causes Settings to FC. Now on Ayysir's builds this never worked but if someone else were to attempt this, maybe they can look into that before syncing with CM11 and releasing the next version?

ibawanzingee

Dec 8, 2010
I haven't really used PA a lot, but I've always liked it. (My devices were always crappy, unsupported devices) Does PA usually support lockscreen notifications, like PAC-man does?

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
Reactions: ibawanzingee

Gutsman

Mar 17, 2011
I dirty flashed from the previous build and had no issues. However, my friend clean flashed and did not have a keyboard. We had to flash the previous build and then dirty flash the new one. The MD5 sums of the ROM and GApps were both correct.

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
Where do to go to change your answers to those, "ask me again later", questions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
I dirty flashed from the previous build and had no issues. However, my friend clean flashed and did not have a keyboard. We had to flash the previous build and then dirty flash the new one. The MD5 sums of the ROM and GApps were both correct.

Yes you can certainly try dirty flashing if you want. I'm just passing on what the PA team recommended in the Changelog.

Sometimes flashes just Bork and you have to try again. Also using custom kernels can introduce more bugs sometimes.

Glad you both got it working!

Last edited:

Gutsman

Mar 17, 2011
Yes you can certainly try dirty flashing if you want. I'm just passing on what the PA team recommended in the Changelog.

Sometimes flashes just Bork and you have to try again. Also using custom kernels can introduce more bugs sometimes.

Glad you both got it working!

We actually tried the clean flash several times. No custom kernel. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
We used 05-31 full modular. That's the latest, right?

Yes that's the latest right now. With that package you should at least have the stock AOSP keyboard. Not sure why it's not working. If you really want a clean flash, you could try using the stock gapps package, or add in the Google Keyboard with the full modular package to see if that helps.

Last edited:

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
Three devices (d2vzw ML1) all loaded PA 4.4 Beta1 (with PA kernel).

Got through initial setup, then loaded KT 06-03 AOSP kernel; no problem.

One (mine - work phone) will not boot with KT kernel.. again, same install procedure..

> adb shell
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

All devices were previously running TW (old&slow 4.3) - with KT.

Suggestions?

(boots with lk for KK - fwiw..)

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

4.4 Beta 1 - TIBU complains about su binary being out of date..

Suggests SuperSU..

It will boot and run w/ lk; but that stutters when I'm typing; running with the default PA kernel till I can work out a resolution.

Last edited:

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
I've always used LK with no problems. I suggest trying the newest lk 9.7

Unfortunately I have no experience with KT, so I can't speak to it directly

MrBrady

Oct 26, 2010
I was a little confused in the OP, does this have hover, but not theme manager?

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD EDIT]
    All D2LTE AOSPA-legacy builds have been unified and have been consolidated into a single thread.
    Please head here for the unified builds & discussion:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129993

Thank you!
    --------------------------------
    png_banner.png

Quick Links:

Skip to Downloads
    Skip to FAQ

Rom Information:

The Paranoid Android team tries very hard to create new and exciting features, while remaining faithful the the AOSP design philosophy and aesthetic. They are responsible for many noteworthy features over the last couple years that are now commonplace in many other ROMs. They continue to improve on their ideas with new and more intuitive features in the latest iterations of their work.

Notable Features:
    • Pie Controls
    • Halo (Discontinued - Replaced by Hover)
    • Hybrid Properties (Per-App DPI settings) - Not yet implemented in current PA builds. It is planned for the future.

Current Major Features:

The AOSPA Legacy team needs your support!

They are trying to upgrade the build servers to be able to support more devices. It is not a requirement, but they would very much appreciate any help you can give. Please click the link below if you would like to contribute.
    Help the team!

Credits:

AOSPA Team, AOSPA Legacy Team, Google/AOSP Project, CyanogenMod, and any others I'm fogetting.
    --Please PM me if I've forgotten someone!

Disclaimer:

I am not affiliated with the official Paranoid Android teams (AOSPA/AOSPAL). I maintain this thread with permission from Ayysir (Andre Saddler), who maintains the official builds for our device.

----------

Please PM me if I have forgotten anything.
    I've been running @rush25 's free theme (links below) on PA 4.4b1, and it seems to include everything (plus some! like Browser pie) that my zips included. If you find something to the contrary, I can keep building the zips, and I can see what I can do about adding to it.
    I did build the white kk-ui zip for PA 4.4b1, and you can download it at the usual place (link below). I accidentally deleted the resource files I had made for the calculator app and ParandoidOTA, so those are not themed in my zip. If there is still a demand for my themed zips, then I will extract those resources from a previous build and include them again.

Also, I have found that a white icon pack works great with the white theme, and even better with the new theme engine. Previously, an icon pack was applied to just when the launcher used the icon, now it is changed in the whole OS, even within the apps.

Rush25's themes:
    Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rush25.kitkatwhitefree
    Pay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rush25.kitkatwhite

My themed zips:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3azn7pw2vkcrhan/AACsgtMJsijCgTHMi83dr5-Na

White icon pack:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2561023
    It looks like the icon pack has been remove from the play store. After a quick search, I can't find anywhere else to download it, either. I only have version 1.0.0, and according to the thread, version 1.0.2 should be out somewhere. If you find a link, please let me know.

EDIT:
    Found a download for v1.0.0 of the icon pack:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2442077&d=1386531167
    Snagged from this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2550062
    Download and Install

Latest Changelog:

Paranoid Android 4.4 BETA 1 (June 04 2014)

Downloads:

IMPORTANT: It is strongly recommended to do a clean flash when updating to PA 4.4 BETA 1 or later from any earlier version!

Main
    Goo

PA GApps

Installation Instructions:

1. Update Recovery
    2. Factory Reset (wipe data)
    3. Install Rom
    4. Install Gapps (optional)
    5. Reboot
    I haven't really used PA a lot, but I've always liked it. (My devices were always crappy, unsupported devices) Does PA usually support lockscreen notifications, like PAC-man does?

Not officially, but there are apps on the app store that do this.

Here is a popular one (free version, paid offers more features): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knock.knock.demo
    It has both..

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------