CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Hi i am running the latest nightly and yesterday i wiped my micro sd card from my phones software and after reboot there is horrible lag making it unusable i can boot into cwm but restoring from backups still have this problem. Can someone help me? Would i have to do the unbricking guide or is there some other way?

Yes you have to do the unbricking guide. Yet another case where the horrible lag is related to an SD card change...

I wish we could figure this out.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

kernelpan1c

Retired Ep1c Sysadmin
Jan 6, 2010
California
Are any of these latest nightlies worth it over CM9 RC1?

CM9 RC1 actually seems to be semi-stable for me, only requiring a reboot every few days. Tethering works, GPS works, signal is good. Do the nightlies maintain this relatively acceptable level of stability?

I'm on the 7/8 nightly and everything works great. No FCs so far (only flashed for a week though), GPS is good, and tethering works. I tether everyday, twice a day.

I'm probably going to flash the latest nightly shortly though. I have found though the post RC1 nightlies have been better stability wise than the RC1 itself. I had a bunch of FCs after flashing RC1 for a week or two. And the issue persisted. I had to reboot my phone almost everyday. That went away once I flashed the 7/8 nightly.

blaineball

May 6, 2009
flashed 7/15 today, everything seems fine except the lockscreen time does not update.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Hey guys, to those using apex launcher and are not experiencing random FCs, what version of apex are you using? I'm almost 100% sure my FCs are due to this launcher. Whenever I constantly get FCs throughout my apps, if I kill the launcher n let it reload, things wil go back to normal again. Recently apex launcher updated itself to 1.2.5 n I cannot kill it anymore, it just sits there while the application killed pop up appeared. So I just go into apex settings and restart the launcher, and all my FCs are gone.

Maybe I should try another launcher and see how things go. I rly don't think its cm9, I think the launcher is acting up with some update in cm9. Can anybody else verify this pls? :)

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

Update: alright, so I still get some FCs even after restarting apex launcher or using nova launcher. I'm confused n annoyed now lol. Or maybe cuz I'm just hungry. I think I should go get lunch -_- gonna update again to the latest cm9. Hopefully when jb comes out with cm10 many things will be fixed :)

Last edited:

SeriousGeorge

Dec 24, 2011
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
I don't think it's Apex. I'm still using Trebuchet and I run into similar issues. Usually I can run a couple days just fine, then I start getting FC's whenever I try and open anything. Sometime I can close running apps and it will work a little longer but then I to a point where everything just FC's. Rebooting fixes it for a couple more days.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I don't think it's Apex. I'm still using Trebuchet and I run into similar issues. Usually I can run a couple days just fine, then I start getting FC's whenever I try and open anything. Sometime I can close running apps and it will work a little longer but then I to a point where everything just FC's. Rebooting fixes it for a couple more days.

Yeah, mine is similar. restarting apex n closing running apps prolongs the chance to avoid a reboot, but eventually it couldn't be helped. Sucks hard lol. Worst part is sometimes contact will crash n not come back just as a phone call is incoming, so I can't answer the call, cuz it constantly FCs. Or when all my camera apps fail to work at the same time and I will miss that one of a kind shot -_- I wish there's a way we can figure out what's causing these issues. Is there like a debugging log that we can submit to arcee maybe?

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Same with the FCs after a couple days for me. Got a lot better after I uninstalled setCPU so I was convinced that's what it was but it still does it after a few days. It was as little as just a few hours before.

Gonna install 7/15 now. P.s. I don't think there have been any changes since 7/12 so it's really the same.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Same with the FCs after a couple days for me. Got a lot better after I uninstalled setCPU so I was convinced that's what it was but it still does it after a few days. It was as little as just a few hours before.

Gonna install 7/15 now. P.s. I don't think there have been any changes since 7/12 so it's really the same.

I'll try 7/15 too. Btw, GPS was still acting up. I was so infuriated I nearly crack it in half by banging it on the steering wheel lol (i know, anger management -_-) but anywho, I decided to try n reboot the phone, and lo behold, everything worked fine and smoothly! Weird.

dnorthington

Mar 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
New kernel in 7/17. Anyone know what ion means? I'm giving it a go on the stock launcher. I am afraid that may be an issue with the FCs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP