Best USB / Card Adaptor?

Search This thread

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
Hi Guys,

Been looking at loads including the official ones, which is the best USB / Crd adaptor to get?

Most likley will use a USB Flash drive rather than a Sim card, but depends on the best adaptor to get.

TXFLGO05

Nov 7, 2011
san antonio
Hi Guys,

Been looking at loads including the official ones, which is the best USB / Crd adaptor to get?

Most likley will use a USB Flash drive rather than a Sim card, but depends on the best adaptor to get.

I ordered the Official ones (both the USB and the SD Card Adapter from amazon), they should arrive today.

In my limited experience they should work correctly as long as you plug it in correctly.

What I am going to try today though is using a generic USB card reader and the usb adapter to see if it works. If it does I might return the SD reader, only because I have multiple types of cards floating around.

There is an adapter on Amazon that has the SD/USB together and toggles with a physical switch but everyone seems to complain about the quality of manufacturing (flimsy, cheap, etc.) and I didn't want to gamble so I went OEM.

ctjameson

Jun 25, 2010
I purchased the official Samsung one from BBY (employee discount :D) and it works amazingly. Plug in my Flash drive and it reads it without hesitation. Going to plug it into my keyboard dock permanently when it comes in tomorrow.

Mbuxton

Mar 11, 2012
Theres a micro sd card reader which I like because its the smallest, the others looked a bit bulky to me. Not OEM but it works fine. Got it from amazon for about £8.

TXFLGO05

Nov 7, 2011
san antonio
I ordered the Official ones (both the USB and the SD Card Adapter from amazon), they should arrive today.

In my limited experience they should work correctly as long as you plug it in correctly.

What I am going to try today though is using a generic USB card reader and the usb adapter to see if it works. If it does I might return the SD reader, only because I have multiple types of cards floating around.

There is an adapter on Amazon that has the SD/USB together and toggles with a physical switch but everyone seems to complain about the quality of manufacturing (flimsy, cheap, etc.) and I didn't want to gamble so I went OEM.

Just as a follow up, I love the Samsung ones I purchased, but I would stongly suggest getting the USB reader, the SD card Reader can be replaced with just a generic card reader (I tested with IOGEAR GFR 209) for maximum flexibility. And it's cheaper ($9) vs whatever the total cost of the combo kit is ($20) I believe. It might be a wash all things considered but I'd go the the multicard reader because you can read different formats...

Overall the 10.1 accessories work just fine in this case.

Now on to finding a good stylus!

dainese01

May 11, 2010
Sydney
Also have the combo kit from Samsung here too.

They work great. Fast trasnfer speeds too. Reliable recognition.

It didn't work with my WD passport 2.5 320gb HDD though. That requires a bit of power, so that wasn't expected.

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
Guys I've seen a 32gb and a 16gb Micro sd card class 4

Will class 4 be ok?

There is also a Samsung class 6 16gb I could get also ?

Ta

Last edited:

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I've been using this generic USB adapter, and it's handled my 1gb cards as well as 32gb cards with those tiny microSD readers. Just connected a cheap Verbatim 2gb drive, and it read as a high power device that couldn't be read. I unplugged and plugged and it connected fine. Transferred files just fine.

I like it because it's just the dock connector and a thin cable instead of a big plastic contraption sticking out.
31ftWpCiEJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I use a sandisk 32gb class 4 with no issues. Heck, I even throw the class 2 one in from time to time. Haven't had any playback issues of videos on either. I think the key is more write speeds for recording video, but does the 8.9 record HD (never bothered to look or care) video, and would you if you could? Would imagine most are using their phones to do that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

smokingdragon

Jan 23, 2006
I've got both the official USB and one on the cable from Ebay and both work fine. The only difference is that the Ebay connector is harder to remove than the Samsung one

JU57FL1P

Jun 12, 2012
I got my adapter for 1.99(USD) off ebay with free shipping... it works, but it kinda has a cheap feel to it...

Last edited: