[TIP] How to Re-Assign Home Button Double Tap

Search This thread

davidstech11

Jun 17, 2011
CA
I seen someone mention ‘Button Savior' on here. And it has really grown on me. It not only allows for the multitask button to be available with STOCK launcher but has all kinds of extra bells and whistles. Worth trying for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fbloise

Jan 16, 2006
London
I can confirm this tip works very well on international i9300 (SGS3). Followed the instructions, searched for "Voice search" in the list of apps and voilá! Google Now by double-tapping the Home button!

Tlo218

Aug 1, 2012
Midwest
Does the home button still lag when you assigned the double tap

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Home button lag fix - open s-voice > settings > uncheck Launch s-voice by double pressing home.

^^Crucial ^^

Can also use Nova launcher to re-assign the home key.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

nutcracker33

Jun 2, 2010
I cant get this to work for some reason

I am running on Nightly build of CM9, and when i went through the setting, i cant get the choosing default menu to pop up (when i press "close" in step 3)

any suggestion ??

ighost77

Sep 16, 2009
May using of Go Launcher EX be an issue? I assigned double-click Home button to Google and nothing just happens, when I am "double-click"ing it.

droidbird

Jan 30, 2011
Home2 seems to have one flaw, at least with Apex launcher. Single press of the Home key no longer returns me to the home (screen #2 in my case) screen of Apex when in Apex.

drwx

Oct 5, 2010
Nashville, TN
fyi, if you use this on cm, you will lose access to your trebuchet launcher settings. That menu shows up based on what your default launcher is. Using home2 sets your default launcher to home2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

antdawe

Aug 19, 2012
I have found a solution to this problem.

I have been using Home2 Shortcut for now but has the issue of not being able to get voice search to run.

A better stock app on the play store is bluetooth launcher.

Scroll down, select voice search then click voice recogniser. Now next time you double click home button it will open voice search.

Ensure that S-voice is still select though and when you double click home first time choose default for bluetooth launcher

artisticcheese

Aug 26, 2003
www.unixsucks.com
I have found a solution to this problem.

I have been using Home2 Shortcut for now but has the issue of not being able to get voice search to run.

A better stock app on the play store is bluetooth launcher.

Scroll down, select voice search then click voice recogniser. Now next time you double click home button it will open voice search.

Ensure that S-voice is still select though and when you double click home first time choose default for bluetooth launcher

So this will work even though it has nothing to do with bluetooth?

artisticcheese

Aug 26, 2003
www.unixsucks.com

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346682942309.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346682942309.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 367

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you are probably aware, double tapping the home button will launch S Voice on the Galaxy S3. Unfortunately, Samsung did not include a way to re-assign this button for a different function if you don't fancy the S Voice app. Instead, all they did was give you a way to disable the hone button double tap. Well here is a way for you to re-assign the home button double tap without the need for any rooting or modding at all.

Step 1) Go into the S Voice settings and uncheck the Launch SVoice box. This will keep S Voice from launching when you double tap the home button.

Step 2) Install Home2 Shortcut from the Play Store

Step 3) Open Home2 Shortcut and configure it to launch the app of your choosing with a double tap of the home button. The app is pretty self explanatory and setting it up will be pretty straight forward. NOTE: When you get to the end, after you tap "close" it will ask you to set as default. Select Home2Launcher as the default.

Hope this helps anyone who didn't know how to do this. I am currently running CM10, and am using this to launch Google Now with a double tap of the home button.
    Button Savior is pretty cool. You can just swipe from left to right or vice versa and a string of soft keys appear (Home, recent apps, back, etc). Very nice app and I hardly press my home button anymore

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    I can get it to work..any suggestions?

could you be any more vague?
    I can get it to work..any suggestions?

could you be any more vague?

i meant i couldn't get it to work

i assign handcent as my double tap, but it never opens
    The launcher seems to lag when I hit the home button using the home2 app. Is it possible to directly map the double tap to a specific app?

If you set the double tap interval in Home2 Shortcut to "Very very short" there's almost no extra lag at all, and it doesn't seem difficult to get the double tap to register either.