The Official Galaxy R Off-Topic Thread

Search This thread

lexlegis

Aug 23, 2012
i don't know if it counts much (noobie and second post), but i'd like to show a bit appreciation. Thanks to all mods, admins and specially to all devs for making our beloved devices better/faster/more versatile/more entertaining/more exciting (especially the hard brick option makes it exciting :D).

Thanks for your hard work guys.

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
Guys I have a really serious problem!

Last night I put my phone on Flight mode and threw it out of the window!

And.............It did not FLY!:(:mad::crying:

Does someone have a solution for this. It's really urgent!:rolleyes:

;)

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai

;)

Omg...
Is ur phone working or dead ??
Well i have a solution which cost few dollars..

attach a wing and a motor...
This will surely work...

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: The-Droidster
F

fuss132

;)

Try to gain a logcat so that we can reproduce the problem. I think (as always) its samsungs fault.
Theres something called the flightbug, which sammy messed up with in the kernel

I´m workin on fixing this...

PS: If your phone is not exactly the I9103 34rfeuiu9089w4ufo9sfeoi39hfwtwt-T (T stands for transformer) then we cant make your phone transphorming and flying, sorry. Maybe go for a flyphone or the xphone (I´m sure it can manage this)

:p

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012

;)

Did you remember to switch on the booster by going to Settings => Motion => Booster before you threw it ? :rolleyes:

I bet you didn't cause I've had absolutely no problem & just had recently sent my handset on a little adventure which was an amazing experience. :D

Also it is important that you use one of those Angry Bird cases as they provide excellent flight characteristics & longer flight time.

Cheers ! :p

Reactions: The-Droidster

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
Awesome Replies!

Oh by the way.....I think I pressed 'Power Off' instead 'Flight Mode' (U see those options are so close by in the power menu...its difficult to be precise! ;))

I think I'll try again today taking more care:p

I'll remember to

attach a wing and a motor...

switch on the booster by going to Settings => Motion => Booster

Won't forget to take a logcat:good: Maybe fuss could provide us a kernel that does not have this flightbug

And if all else fails:rolleyes:.......I'm going to sue Samsung and move over to Apple! (At least there are high chances I'll win a patent war!:D:p:p)

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Hey...hold on.....
I just roogled it and found that roogle is releasing this feature with randroid 5.0 rey rime rie....
So u just need to hold..once its released....our devs can port it n den u can njoi....
Hope it helps..u.....

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Aye, you and me both. The more information surfaces though, the more stupid the jury look. I will be surprised if Samsung aren't able to overturn the verdict and raise the injuctions, or at least win the appeal to go back to the courts.

watever the case may be, injuctions shouldnt happen....
it would definitely lead to some kind of death to android..!! or some expensive cheap toys from sammy

Yes, and it's a crying shame there aren't more people among them who can sit back and see the bigger picture. Sigh.

A very disappointed Android user here, I can assure you. I even sold the iPod, there are now zero Apple products in our house :good:

I am embarassed to say that my mom has an iPhone and my family shares an iPad 2 (in which I use to play some games in) .

Reactions: juzz86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached pictures tell everything. :)
    Have you heard of OmniROM? I've built the first unofficial version of it from unpublished Gerrit repos. Screenshots can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2481797. If pulser says yes, the SGR and the Captivate Glide will be officially supported, I will be a co-maintainer for these devices. :good:
    Uploading is at 20%. :)
    Here is some detailed information on the new port.
    It is based on the latest (Dec 26) CM10 with the built-in kernel (so far) and on WanamLite V14.1 (based on XWLSD 4.1.2 with 889555 changelist, the latest so far).
    Almost nothing works. A lot of native code is missing from CM, they all have to be revised and fixed. Motion support and ripple/ink effect will never work (motion needs a big amount of native code, ripple effect library is compiled against NEON and gives SIGILL, ink effect needs ripple), multiwindow does, but is very glitchy at the moment (you can open two windows, but cannot resize, this is maybe because of the unlimited multiwindow mod making all apps compatible). Other features that are only implemented in Java code will all work. Since this is a stock rom, vibration works with good intensity and can be set to users' choice. I generally feel it a way smoother than LQ7 and LQ9, but this can be because of the small amount of applications installed.
    Next goals will be gradually adding system apps and fixing present and upcoming issues.
    Well, our SGR gets an unofficial port of Ubuntu Touch Developer Preview. Screenshots attached, dev thread will be created as soon as upload finishes. :good: