[ROM] [KK 4.4.4] OmniROM && MultiROM TWRP 2.8.0

Search This thread

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
On the new build I've got a force close in the built in performance settings. multi window etc all running great. also is their anyway of rooting yet? Cheers

Coolneng

Mar 28, 2013
Yugoslavia
On the new build I've got a force close in the built in performance settings. multi window etc all running great. also is their anyway of rooting yet? Cheers

No fc for me.
For rooting download the latest supersu zip (1.65 version)

Sent from my P880

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

How does the multi window function work?

I've just found out. You have to long press home button (to go on the recents bar), then you long touch the app and select open in split screen. To deactivate it when you're done just swipe away the app (from the recents bar)

Sent from my P880

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012

It force closes only with a custom kernel (or at least with iodak, not sure about others), but built-in one works fine.
For rooting you need to use the latest (or any which supports 4.3) SuperSU.

Reactions: JoinTheRealms

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy
Yes, no problem at all. It's my new daily ROM.
Very great for a beta version.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Kanad

Oct 26, 2011
Dear Adam,
Are you considering to include halo into omni rom? Its a nice feature to have.
Regards,
Kanad

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
I noticed you can enable the button backlight with gravity box, its seems its not working normally because off is default behaviour

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody!

This is the development thread of OmniROM (based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat) for the LG Optimus 4X HD (p880). More information can be found here.

For general discussion and Q&A: head to this thread.

What doesn't work:
    • QR/Barcode scanning and similar apps
    • Maybe other things

Links:

Installation method:
    • Flash OmniROM.
    • Flash Google apps.
    • Do 'Wipe data/factory reset' in recovery.
    • Reboot & enjoy.
    Note: You need to have a KitKat-compatible recovery, CWM v6.0.4.4 or CWM v6.0.4.5 is reported to be working.

MultiROM TWRP 2.8.0 (recommended recovery):
    Link: http://d-h.st/users/Adam77Root?fld_id=22980 (latest TWRP_multirom_p880_*date*.img)

Every custom modification to devices have risks. Flash this at your own risk!

Have fun and enjoy! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Contributors
    Adam77Root
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock JB 4.1.2 (preferably V20b)
    Based On: AOSP 4.4.4

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-05

Created 2013-10-13
    Last Updated 2014-09-17
    I'm afraid this thread will need a massive restructure soon. Getting very close. I simply love that fullscreen album art. :D

• Graphics: OK
    • RIL: OK, data is a bit unstable
    • Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi P2P: OK
    • BT: OK
    • Audio: OK, DSP Manager effects don't work for headset
    • Storage: OK
    • HW Acceleration: OK, watched both HD and full HD videos
    • Camera: Broken, main priority now
    • Sensors: OK
    • USB: OK
    • Torch: Broken, easy to fix
    Fixed video recording with new (grouper) blobs at this very moment. :cool:
    Update on camera

So camera is very partially fixed. Preview works for both back and front camera, all settings work (you can see the effect on the screen), but cannot take picture so far (crash). Panorama mode crashes. Video recording starts and I can click pictures, but none gets saved and it crashes again.

What I did is basically using two whole sets of vendor blobs. One for graphics and HW acceleration and one for camera. This involved a lot of hex-editing (wrote a script for that :D). As soon as I fixed all of these (there is a <censored> dlopen() call in one of the blobs and finding that gave me a hard time :mad:), I encountered exactly the same issue as @laufersteppenwolf did with AOSP 4.3 here. The fix is in this commit, already included in CM, I pushed it to Omni Gerrit.

What is causing the remaining issues is that the camera HAL uses Gralloc extensively for GPU memory allocation and preview displaying. We have 4 choices at the moment:
    • Old Gralloc HAL with old blobs: Always gives "NVMEM_IOC_READ failed: Operation not permitted" error, preview doesn't start.
    • Old Gralloc HAL with new blobs: Works as described above, only gives "NVMEM_IOC_READ failed" when taking picture, video, etc.
    • New Gralloc HAL with old blobs: Segmentation fault: "pc 000022b7 /system/lib/hw/gralloc.tegra.so (NvGrLock+58)", tried using CPU consumer path (source), but didn't work.
    • New Gralloc HAL with new blobs: Segfault at the same place.

What I'm thinking of now is that we should use new gralloc HAL with new blobs, but somehow use the old NvGrLock() function, probably LD_PRELOAD could help, but first the function signature should be reverse engineered.
    I've recently finished reverse-engineering stock V20b NFC HAL and just pushed that. The source I uploaded behaves exactly the same way as it did with the binary blob. Code also contains parts from grouper source and from Nvidia device git repository. Will have to test especially regarding HCE features, but now we have one more source-built library. ;)