[ROM][4.3] SlimBean - I9000 [STABLE][+WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

sUsH667

Jul 1, 2011
semaphore 4.3

Since there is no Semaphore kernel for Android 4.3 yet is there any chance you will implement Devil kernel? :) 4.3 version is floating around here somewhere. I used to flash it with Slim 4.2.2 builds and it rocked.

What kernel does 4.3 use? I'm waiting on semaphore to come out with one before I update.

just wanted to let you all know (and i asked stratos for his ok to post it here):
when i mailed with stratos yesterday evening he said he definitely will do a semaphore 4.3 version in the near future (he will support the i9000 as long as his own device is still working), so no need to randomly jump to other kernels in my opinion...

greetz,

sUsH667

Last edited:

purpleraintoxicity

Feb 7, 2011
Jerusalem
I'm definately satisfied with Devil kernel for now. ;)

One small bug I notice: I'm using SwiftKey as a keyboard app and every time I reboot the keyboard layout is changed back to English QWERTY although I'm using QWERTZ usually and have it set like that in SwiftKey settings.

sounds like swiftKey bug. my guess it's not supporting 4.3 yet

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 4

radicspeter

Mar 29, 2011
I'm definately satisfied with Devil kernel for now. ;)

One small bug I notice: I'm using SwiftKey as a keyboard app and every time I reboot the keyboard layout is changed back to English QWERTY although I'm using QWERTZ usually and have it set like that in SwiftKey settings.

Could you give me devil kernel download link? +1

Really really good first release!!! +100

Tapatalk 4 küldve GT-I9000-ről

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
just wanted to let you all know (and i asked stratos for his ok to post it here):
when i mailed with stratos yesterday evening he said he definitely will do a semaphore 4.3 version in the near future (he will support the i9000 as long as his own device is still working), so no need to randomly jump to other kernels in my opinion...

greetz,

sUsH667

uh.....and I need to write you an email :( sorry for that long time still not responding. But as you know private things are still going crazy

just to add another not to sUsH667 post

you guys can be sure at the moment stratos is ready with his kernel slim will get it back!!!! There are several reasons for it and the only one which fits our needs and concept really

That we released a beta with a cm kernel is just that we need some testing right now ;)

sUsH667

Jul 1, 2011
uh.....and I need to write you an email :( sorry for that long time still not responding. But as you know private things are still going crazy

just to add another not to sUsH667 post

you guys can be sure at the moment stratos is ready with his kernel slim will get it back!!!! There are several reasons for it and the only one which fits our needs and concept really

That we released a beta with a cm kernel is just that we need some testing right now ;)

yeah, real life sux, i know...
*kiddin*
but fun aside, i would love to hear from you again, it's been a looooong time.

and i'm glad to hear that semaphore is still first choice for slim, cause as you already said, it's a combination made in android-heaven and fits perfectly to the whole slim-thing etc.

oh, and i can't stress it enough:
thx to mnazim, kufikugel, prbassplayer, krarvind and all the rest of slimteam for still getting better and better!
i find it really amazing how much a bunch of skilled people can optimize a project, if they are willing to spend the time and work.
it's totally awesome and a really great inspiration, if you ask me...

greetz & keep up the good work,

sUsH667

ps: kufi, you still got my mail-adress and gtalk, right? just drop me a line when you have time, would be really cool.

Last edited:

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez

Kordius

Jul 13, 2012
Poland
Work great with Devil Kernel 11.08.2013 and 407 mb of ram.
And BLN work c:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

mamoto66

Feb 4, 2013
laredo,spain
Work great with Devil Kernel 11.08.2013 and 407 mb of ram.
And BLN work c:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Sorry, I took the Devil's on 11th.only 382 mb.Can you explain how you did it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-12-08-04-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-12-08-04-45.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 330

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter
    Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]
    Installation instructions
    For Most Users

Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( 4.3 packages are different from 4.2.2) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot
    FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

To get root working go to Settings/Developer options/
    Then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    NOTE : To get root working go to Settings -> Developer options, then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

NOTE:
    Completely new base with over 5 million code changes.... Please format system and factory reset to avoid any issues.!!!
    i run with no problem or lag on C-rom v2, so please, stop saying it is impossible, or bad idea

do you think we are idiots? we have since halo was published the commits in our review....started to rework and fix some stuff....but stopped due of 4.3

The implementation at current status is not good enough for us (which is not disrespectfull...we just have another aim). It produces especially on low end devices lag problems....has something to do with the activity stack handling of halo. PA does not care about because they only support the google phones which do not have this problem (better phones)

beside that PA themselve still do not mark HALO as stable lmao

if you want a rom with all blinky features you guys are free to use it.....but slim is not a ****y kanger rom then almost all other (which is ok that they exist but they have another user base)....we go our own way since about 1 year + that we have another thinking of quality/features then this kanger roms.

Most user from slim are ppl who search for a stable rom without any fc......a userbase from 150.000 permanent users we have says that we are going the right way. And we have as well a lot business user....they need a stable rom.....so either cm or slim in most cases. PA or AOKP have another aim...they permanently develop new and awesome features. Which is as well same important then the work we or cm is doing.

So:

CM is going its own way
    AOKP is doing it
    PA is doing it
    and Slim as well (although all ppl think that we are a kanger rom....realize that a lot patches you see in carbon or whatever kanger rom are from us....maybe not so shiny like the PA features.....but there are a lot)

compare this 4 roms....you will see they do not share much features.

cheers
    4.4.2 Build!

no beta yet for galaxysmtd :(

still checked slimroms and no new weekly yet.

Coming Soon.!

Like very very soon.:)
    thank you further quick update.waiting for native su/root fix.4.3 is new so will take time to fix those small bugs.

there will be never a native su/root fix because root is now beginning to be a thing of the past. Google introduced selinux into aosp which gives the possibility that apps can get explicit permissions to do operations over it without an overall root. Which has the big advantage that your phone is way more secure. There are really only some smaller cases which do not work without root (like firewalls and something like that) but thats it.

So do not expect at least from us that we break this system like some other roms are doing. We will leave root of course...but it is not anymore enabled by default and respects the new selinux integration. So for now you need to enable it....and when all devs have changed their apps all is well without the need of root. Just a thing of time.

Maybe a nice short easy readup about it from steve
    http://www.dailytech.com/CyanogenMod+Creator+Tells+Android+Users+to+Rethink+Rooting/article33058.htm

about titanium backup (they did not update till now a fixed tibu version):

go into preferences->set backup/restore path....hit 2 times the back button then you are in /storage/emulated/ then press legacy and then press titaniumbackup...then press use the current folder....then 2 times ok...tibu will restart

that has something to do with selinux permissions...tibu need to change that due it is not longer the case that all emulated folders are mounted due of security reasons some ppl just flash SuperSU to solve this problem due that supersu is mounting it back the old way but that breaks selinux completly and is just a dumb solution tibu will com with an update for sure