Thanks Meter: 298

By Kannibalism, Senior Member on 7th February 2012, 06:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2012, 03:04 PM |#131  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 275

Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure I can win with the bluetooth patches, it was a vain attempt to try to get it working with my mercedes (it still doesn't fully work, but it's no worse). I can't test every device. I've got one person saying I fixed it & one saying I broke it. There were lots of bluetooth patches. You'll have to give some logs to give us a clue.

If you have problems with my kernel then please post an issue on the issue tracker for it, include logs - logcat, dmesg, kmsg.

https://github.com/John-Kenney/zte-turies-35/issues

Otherwise I can't really respond, it just makes this thread messy.
27th February 2012, 03:16 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Too bad, I already moved on to sej7278's latest build with TomG's new kernel. I don't recall anyone confirming BT to be working with your KANG, and as mentioned, it is a very specific problem, since BT can be activated, scanning shows normal results, pairing is possible, but it just does not connect to my BT headset with no indication for the reason. With sej7278's latest KANG it's working again. I am sorry for not being able to help you analyze that problem, hopefully someone else with a BT headset can step in (no idea if this is just BT headset related, or connecting to any BT device).
27th February 2012, 03:19 PM |#133  
Flag Sheffield, UK

Donate to Me
More
The post right before yours said it was fixed & didn't work before.

I can't fix it for you if you don't give enough information about your problem. It works fine for other people with other headsets. It works fine with my PC, it partially works with my Mercedes (same as it did before), it works to connect to other phones. I don't have any other bluetooth devices to test & it's always been dodgy on the Blade.

If you have any problems with my kernel then put an issue on my issue tracker, i'm not even going to respond to any more bug reports here, it's the wrong place for it.
27th February 2012, 03:23 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Ups, completely overlooked, maybe Rapier07 can provide more info then (my guess is, he didn't really test it, but could see that BT generally is working).

wbaw, don't you have any BT device (preferably a BT headset) to test it?
27th February 2012, 03:31 PM |#135  
Flag Sheffield, UK

Donate to Me
More
I have several BT devices & they all work, except the one that I really want to work & didn't work before that I was trying to fix, that isn't any worse. I can connect, dial & download the phonebook on my Mercedes, but no audio through the car in calls, it's been like that forever. I'll need logs posting on my issue tracker to even start to attempt to fix your problem because I've no idea what's causing it & i can't test any possible solutions, since I don't have your headset (whichever of the millions of different types it is).

The bluetooth patches were all minor bug fixes from Linux & applied fairly cleanly, the zte kernel is up to date until August 2010, I just applied most of the bluetooth patches that were accepted into Linux up until December 2010.

Bluetooth has always been rubbish on the Blade, there have always been some devices that work & some that don't. We need logs to try to fix it for your specific device. Since it worked before for you it shouldn't be that hard to narrow it down to which specific change caused it, if I can get logs. Hopefully it's not the same patch that fixed the other guy's device. It's you that needs to provide more info, master one, since you're the one having problems & please do it on the issue tracker. I don't need more information from people who's devices work - it's good to hear that they do, but it's the broken things I really need detailed information on.

I can't just revert all the bluetooth patches, most of them are useful & at least one of them fixed it for Rapier07.

If you post enough information on my bug tracker about any bugs then I'll do my best to solve them. Otherwise there isn't much I can do.
27th February 2012, 05:41 PM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master One

wbaw, can you please check on the patches related to Bluetooth? There seems to be something wrong with your KANG, because I can not connect to my BT headset any more.

BT can be activated without problem, scanning for devices works and my BT headset is found, pairing also worked, but it does not connect, and nothing else happens after "Device paired, but not connected".

The same was happening with me worth burgerz 13 Feb but I solved it by using app Bluetooth file transfer see if it works for u
27th February 2012, 09:14 PM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Got it should have read more carefully.. sorry
28th February 2012, 03:55 PM |#138  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,630

More
Yo,

Well, I'm sorry for not including a catlog or desmeg here on this (my gf needs her phone atm), but this being a thread is about cm7 KANGs, I thought that I would at least report what I've tried and observed lately anyway.

So since my last post, I've tried both Sej's AND Burstlam's Feb. 27th builds and got the same wifi problem as with wbaw's Feb25th.

I did not install any seperate kernel and I wiped cache, Dalvik cache and fomatted the system partition prior to the installations: that didn't help. So people can't say it's because I've installed improperly . I've looked at the logcat, but I doubt that it will be of any help as it contains no valuable info; just showing that it is trying to connect and then goes to disconnected.

I've also found that I'm not alone to experience such issues with the recents cm7 builds (various source and post- ~Feb 22) and at least 3 or 4 other users have reported the same already - read from this page on at modaco.

So again, sorry if this post doesn't bring too much useful info; I just wanted to share my experience.

I'm back on Targetbsp's Feb 20th build which is the most recent build that worked ok for me.

Notes:

- I've just found out what GSF is; I might give it a try eventually..;
-I really wonder why all the Blade's cm7 kangs aren't forcing a dalvik cache wipe at zip installation. It seems pretty obvious to me that it is the right thing to do when switching roms. Isn't that a simple line to add in the updater-script or in bootmenu?
28th February 2012, 04:27 PM |#139  
Flag Sheffield, UK

Donate to Me
More
It must be the new wifi driver causing you problems then. Nothing we can really do about it, we don't have any source code for the wifi driver & it's the only one that works with the updated zte source code which fixes the camera for other people. You'll have to use an older kernel & wifi driver ( /system/wifi directory)
29th February 2012, 10:31 AM |#140  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,630

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaw

It must be the new wifi driver causing you problems then. Nothing we can really do about it, we don't have any source code for the wifi driver & it's the only one that works with the updated zte source code which fixes the camera for other people. You'll have to use an older kernel & wifi driver ( /system/wifi directory)

From modaco:

Posted by sej7278 on Feb 28:

"no, the latest nightly doesn't have the new kernel - its not been merged yet, so probably that's the most stable build for now (25th?)

my last kang that didn't have that kernel would be before the 27feb.

edit: just set my router to G-only and i can't connect now using patch7, set it back to b+g and it connects again at 11mbps, so its definitely broken 54g"

Posted by targetbsp on Feb28:

"Sounds like TomG has got the wifi fixed. (Not uploaded yet)"

--> So it seems that you have to set your router to mixed B&G mode to get the wifi to connect. but speed is limited at 11mbps. Fix underway apparently..will try back in a few days.. nope maybe later today:

Posted by targetbsp today:

"Vanilla CM7 compiled 29th Feb - includes all fixes up to and including "policy: don't lock users out if they wipe their fingerprint database" from http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade
+ new Blade kernel Patchset 8: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,13045
MD5: daad48e99552af27059abbbd0d4251f9
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dirg4a5k9hpu44g

Edit:

It seems like targetbsp did a booboo and uploaded the wrong file; his previous Feb 26th nightly (with the old kernel) -> the Md5 checksum was: 44197E0C5633888685480B64B1ABFBFE.

And, while at it, he has rebuilt with patch set#9:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0r3vsm596eeit3c
MD5#ba1628d85b2ec27e0395774daa0aabfe
29th February 2012, 05:55 PM |#141  
Flag Sheffield, UK

Donate to Me
More
My new kernel, wifi driver, firmware & camera libs...

Fixes wifi, improves camera, fixes sleep during long calls.

Download: http://kan.gd/1h8g

Kernel source: https://github.com/John-Kenney/zte-turies-35

Bug tracker: https://github.com/John-Kenney/zte-turies-35/issues

Has all the features in my previous kernels, call recording, undervolting, gpu overclocking, etc.

I need people to test different bluetooth devices, report any problems with logs & information about the device on my issue tracker.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)