NEVER use cover with a magnetic clip--> S-Pen issue

Search This thread

popo72

Oct 18, 2011
Hope my experience can help someone!
Just bought G Note and a flip cover (not original one) in order to protect it as much as possible!
After some usage, i noticed circular area of the screen where S-Pen was not working! Started in reading about calibration issues, but nothing solved my problem...I therefore decided to wait until official ICS and, if problem still existing, to send phone to repair center :mad::mad:

Searching every day on internet, I finally found the reason of my issue.....the magnetic closing clip of the cover (5-6 mm of diameter!) :eek::eek:
It seems also clearly stated into Samsung's user manual....
Immediately removed the cover and after 5min..NO PROBLEM ANYMORE AT ALL...;);)

auricw

Jun 3, 2010
Penang
These the very good point....actually the magnetic cover for all type of phone is not recommended!! It will effected:eek: our phone....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

JazonX

Just bought G Note and a flip cover (not original one) in order to protect it as much as possible!
After some usage, i noticed circular area of the screen where S-Pen was not working! Started in reading about calibration issues, but nothing solved my problem...I therefore decided to wait until official ICS and, if problem still existing, to send phone to repair center :mad::mad:

Searching every day on internet, I finally found the reason of my issue.....the magnetic closing clip of the cover (5-6 mm of diameter!) :eek::eek:

Thanks for the Info Mate!

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
www.WantItGetItLoveIt.co.uk
It must be a particularly strong magnet on your case. I've been using mine trouble free as well.

How you determine if the case you are looking at has a strong magnet or not is another question...

Zuber

popo72

Oct 18, 2011
...attached you can find the incriminated cover :mad: (color is because Note is from my girlfriend :D....even if I have G-Note too!!)

As you can see the magnet (I have removed it from the cover) is not big (thickness is something like 1mm). Approaching it to steel, it starts in exercising force at approximately 0.5cm!

As additional info, no problems were existing by writing with fingers! The issue is with S-Pen because the magnet interfere with it!

Here also the link where I could find my way out!....
....sorry..it seems it is forbidden to post external links!.....
I'm attaching an additional picture from this site with issue similar to my one, but bigger area (mine was something like 1.5 cm and located exactly on top of the clip)

Attachments

• case_red1.jpg
    case_red1.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 986
  • case_red2.jpg
    case_red2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 966
  • Samsung-Galaxy-Note-problem.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-problem.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:

drkalo

Jul 13, 2009
Sofia
I would definitely agree with that! I bought a quite expensive ZENUS cover purposely because it has a button on the front and not a magnet. Unfortunately there's a magnet at the back which is used to keep the stand at its place. 2 days after starting to use this cover I got s-pen problems presented exactly at the same screen area where the magnet was located. Lines got thinner and deviated at this area, so I had to rip off the magnet and replace it with Velcro. All problems are gone now.

Ambu93

Aug 31, 2010
have a Zenus too

Hi,
I bought a Zenus too, and I'm using it since February.
The magnet is quite small, never had any issues.

Can't post pictures, but its a kaki coloured brown, fake leather, and some stripes.
regards Ambu

Last edited:

drkalo

Jul 13, 2009
Sofia
http://kalyf-bg.com/sgp-galaxy-note-gt-n7000-masstige-color-edge-diary-series-black.html

41stLL2wZ2L._SX1000_.jpg

That's the one I got. Unfortunately I did't take screenshots of the display issue but it was located at the lower left part of the screen - just where the magnet sits at the back. The defect: nothing when trying to draw something over or fusiform deviation of the lines drawn in this area (when pressing harder) - just like the shape of a magnetic field...

p.s. as popo72 said - no problems when drawing with fingers.

gnikolakis

Dec 8, 2011
Kalymnos, Dodecanisos
...attached you can find the incriminated cover :mad: (color is because Note is from my girlfriend :D....even if I have G-Note too!!)

As you can see the magnet (I have removed it from the cover) is not big (thickness is something like 1mm). Approaching it to steel, it starts in exercising force at approximately 0.5cm!

As additional info, no problems were existing by writing with fingers! The issue is with S-Pen because the magnet interfere with it!

Here also the link where I could find my way out!....
....sorry..it seems it is forbidden to post external links!.....
I'm attaching an additional picture from this site with issue similar to my one, but bigger area (mine was something like 1.5 cm and located exactly on top of the clip)

Id say get another cover, the one i bought seems to have a weak magnet, just enough to hold it in place when closing. no problems whatsoever. you can get it for around 15 euros on the net if its to your liking.
here are the available colours:

Attachments

• 8-500x500.jpg
    8-500x500.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

scarlet_sg

Apr 18, 2012
ditch the flip cases... the note is beautiful as it is... bare naked :D

as for the fear of scratching the screen... i for one had doubts when i first got my note but i've had mine for 2 months now without a screen protector and not a single scratch...

i don't take special care with my note and i treat it as i would any other phones i've had... it goes in my pocket with keys and coins but so far no scratches.. makes me wonder other posts which says they scratched their screens so easily...

i'm happy with with my gorilla glass... :cool:

popo72

Oct 18, 2011
ditch the flip cases... the note is beautiful as it is... bare naked :D

as for the fear of scratching the screen... i for one had doubts when i first got my note but i've had mine for 2 months now without a screen protector and not a single scratch...

i don't take special care with my note and i treat it as i would any other phones i've had... it goes in my pocket with keys and coins but so far no scratches.. makes me wonder other posts which says they scratched their screens so easily...

i'm happy with with my gorilla glass... :cool:

...I could agree..in principle...BUT you are missing a small particular...have you ever seen what is inside a women handbag?..I think even gorilla glass will have problems.:D:D:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.