16th January 2012, 09:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've these issues with gb on my HTC Desire -_-
16th January 2012, 09:42 PM |#12  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm not really sure I understand what problem this is fixing. I have a problem with my wifi that I want to check with you first. Mine is basically where the wifi turns itself off when I go out of range of a connected router for a few minutes . When I come back in range of the router I have to manually turn wifi back on before it will connect back to the wifi. This is despite having the sleep policy set to never so I have no idea why wifi won't stay on. I don't want to install this without understanding the issue a bit more first!

Thanks
Shane
16th January 2012, 10:03 PM |#13  
Flag Strong Beach
Thanks Meter: 114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhedfors

While I have given the app root permissions, when I click "Install WiFix" it replies with:

"Can't get root access. Either your device is not rooted, or SuperUser request has been rejected."

Ironically, it is immediately followed by:

"WiFi Manager has been granted Superuser permissions."

Any suggestions... am I missing something?

Have you tried fixing permission first incase ur Su or binaries are out dated? Or maybe not.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Tekn010933 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tekn010933 Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 10:07 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Which certain countries?
16th January 2012, 10:10 PM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishopOfSoho

I'm not really sure I understand what problem this is fixing. I have a problem with my wifi that I want to check with you first. Mine is basically where the wifi turns itself off when I go out of range of a connected router for a few minutes . When I come back in range of the router I have to manually turn wifi back on before it will connect back to the wifi. This is despite having the sleep policy set to never so I have no idea why wifi won't stay on. I don't want to install this without understanding the issue a bit more first!

Thanks
Shane

I don't think that this application can solve your problem. Sorry

WiFix simply changes the WiFi country code which might be set incorrectly (?) in IceCream Sandwich builds when SIM-Card is inserted.
16th January 2012, 10:13 PM |#16  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty017

Which certain countries?

Basically most of the countries located in Middle-east and Africa.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fardjad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fardjad Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 10:14 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fardjad

Thanks. Was wondering if it affected me or not.
16th January 2012, 10:21 PM |#18  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty017

Thanks. Was wondering if it affected me or not.

If your phone can't find WiFi networks or can't connect to them unless you remove the SIM-Card then you're affected.
16th January 2012, 10:28 PM |#19  
Flag Strong Beach
Thanks Meter: 114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Very useful for me if I am traveling back home, or visiting family in NZ or AUS. Thank's for posting this.
17th January 2012, 05:02 AM |#20  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 547

More
Quote:

If your phone can't find WiFi networks or can't connect to them unless you remove the SIM-Card then you're affected.

I would suggest you put in the app introduction to explain in an easier:

"If wifi is working fine in Gingerbread roms, but does not when flashing/upgarding to IceCreamSanwich, then this app will try to fix it!"
The Following User Says Thank You to omar302 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omar302 Ad-Free
17th January 2012, 05:27 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar302

I would suggest you put in the app introduction to explain in an easier:

"If wifi is working fine in Gingerbread roms, but does not when flashing/upgarding to IceCreamSanwich, then this app will try to fix it!"

Thanks, but someone here stated that he has the same issue with GB, I sent him a PM and am waiting for the response to see if it's a WiFi country code related thing or something else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
country code, fix, ics, wifi, wifix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)