WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in Android 4.0

Search This thread

gemini16

Dec 23, 2009
hanoi
Downloaded from outside link, non xda, and wifixmanager 1.32 worked for my HTC 630 with android 6.0.1

Jan 11, 2017
Hi,

Exist some way to install this apk and run without ROOT, only setting
adb shell pm grant "wifi fix apk" android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

BR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WiFi Fix for Android 4.0

Description

I recently found out many people in certain countries no matter what kinds of devices they're using, have issues with WiFi when SIM-Card is inserted.

I realized that changing the WiFi Country Code solves the problem and made an application that does this automatically on each boot and on network state changes.

Installation

It's pretty easy; first of all you should root your device.

Then install WiFixManager.apk.

Start WiFix Manager from applications menu and tap Install WiFix (allow SuperUser permission.)

Once installed, you're ready to go. The application will change the country code when needed. You can also invoke it manually by dialing *#94349# (*#WIFIX#) and pressing the call button (don't forget to press call button; it's not a MSL code).

Updates

You can check for updates and install them via WiFix Manager.

Code:
    Change Log:
    1/14/12 WiFix V1.0, WiFix Manager V1.1:
    Initial Release
    1/25/12 WiFix 1.1, WiFix Manager V1.2:
    Changed minimum SDK version and API Level to 3
    Minor layout changes
    Minor bug fixes
    1/30/12 WiFix 1.2, WiFix Manager V1.3:
    Added custom country code support
    7/3/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.31:
    Minor layout bug fixes
    Compiled with Android SDK 14
    12/9/12 WiFix V1.2, WiFix Manager V1.32
    Minor bug fixes (Device compatibility improvement.)
    Added reboot prompt after installation and removal.
    Compiled with Android SDK 16
    Known Issues

Sometimes when you reboot your phone with WiFi turned on, you won't have internet access (you can't open webpages, download files etc.) even though it says it's already connected to your AP.
    This issue can be fixed by turning WiFi Off and On or dialing *#WIFIX# as described before.

For ROM Cookers

By placing WiFix.apk in /system/app you'll have a WiFix enabled ROM.
    If you're publishing that ROM, please include a link to this thread :)

Newer fix by XDA Member HTCZ715E

As of today, most of the manufacturers (including HTC and Sony) solved this Wi-Fi issue with their ROMs. Fortunately, there's no need for WiFix anymore.

For those who still have issues with custom ROMs and WiFix, try this.
    any one try this app by recovery method in 4.3 or 4.4 not apk type .....work with him or also freeze ?
    Hmm.. Upgraded N7 3g 2012 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and got similar problem, wifix didn't help, so I tried "manual" method for wifixing. Looks like the only problem was in tablename. Option wifi_country_code moved (as for 4.4) from "secure" to "global" table of /data/data/com.android.proveders.settings/databases/settings.db , so general method forr changing country code still works.

I wrote a short script (tried to run as init.d - but it has no sense as country code is beeing read from simcard when all init.d scripts are finished), so i used free Script Manager - SManager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager) to launch script after boot.

That's script code (just changed wifi_country_code location):
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    sleep 10
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO global (name, value) VALUES ('wifi_country_code', 'EU');"
    svc wifi disable
    sleep 10
    svc wifi enable
    Also i've added sleep for 10 seconds for ensure that sim data is already read, and added wifi down - sleep - wifi up for reestablish network connection (as i'm using n/g network for old devices, so Nexus is connected in g-mode to my router when script is executed).

Instruction:
    1. Download sqlite3 binary from any source (I've got it from xda http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45442929&postcount=2) and move it to /system/xbin, set permissions 755 (rwx-rx-rx)

2. Save script to internal SD-card, f.e. as "fix_country_code.sh",

3. Install script-manager, that is able to run scripts on boot, and set to execute script with root rights (like on screenshot if SManager is used). Also it's possible to test script w/o reboot

Hi everyone,

Here's few tips to help you get your wifi working:

Requirements:

Rooted android phone.

Steps:

1. Download Market Unlocker (Google it, as you might not find the APK on Google play).

2. After download is complete, open it and give Root privileges.

3. On last tab, pick USA T Mobile, and wait until you see "Your mobile have changed to T Mobile successfully".

4. Make sure Wifi is off and reboot your device.

Notes:

1. When you reboot your phone, make sure the wifi is off, or your wifi will freeze as usual.

2. after reboot or boot up, make sure not to enable wifi until you see your mobile signal working(Means the mobile
    is not still searching for signal).

3. Market unlocker should change your mobile SIM Code every time you reboot (It will give a
    notification). in case you are not sure if it worked, open market unlocker and pick USA T Mobile again.

4. Open Wifi and Violla.

happy rooting.
    I was using this app on evervolv ics 4.0.4 and it worked nice.
    Now i have switched to evervolv 4.2.2 and it doesnt work. It works if i tap on "install wifix", put my phone on airplane mode and restart it. Then i can use wifi, until i connect to the phone netwrok again. After that again wifi doesnt work.

Can you update the app?
    And can you open source it?
    Thanx a lot ;)
    Can I suggest something?

Why not make a flashable zip so "wifix.apk" can be flashed directly to "system/app" without having to use "wifixmanager.apk"

Of course :)

Here it is.