FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in Android 4.0

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 306
 
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2012, 05:27 AM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar302

I would suggest you put in the app introduction to explain in an easier:

"If wifi is working fine in Gingerbread roms, but does not when flashing/upgarding to IceCreamSanwich, then this app will try to fix it!"

Thanks, but someone here stated that he has the same issue with GB, I sent him a PM and am waiting for the response to see if it's a WiFi country code related thing or something else.
17th January 2012, 09:47 AM |#22  
WaveMaster1406's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
I'm in Côte d'Ivoire in West africa and get this pbm with Desire HD running ICS from Lord Clockan, WiFi turn on but can't find any network!!!
People says that this pbm can't be fixed.
I'm so excited when i think that your app can resolve (perhaps) this issue!!
I try it now and send you a feedback man!

AFTER TEST: Yeeeaah!!!! You have done bro' WiFi works well for me!
Thx man! God bless u
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-01-17-09-19-11.jpg
Views:	1321
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	860659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-01-17-09-19-46.jpg
Views:	961
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	860660  
17th January 2012, 05:07 PM |#23  
haririan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 58
 
Donate to Me
More
tested on sensation with insertcoin 4.3.2 android 4.0.3
it worked very good thank you
i used the recovery and apk version both worked fine thanks dud
17th January 2012, 06:44 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
so is this helpful for the CDMA\LTE galaxy nexus?
17th January 2012, 07:39 PM |#25  
freebordjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Stupid question

What kind of wifi problems are we talking about here?

Just wondering because maybe I have some kind of problem and didn't notice it lol and maybe someone needs help and then I can send him here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App
17th January 2012, 08:19 PM |#26  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebordjunky

Stupid question

What kind of wifi problems are we talking about here?

Just wondering because maybe I have some kind of problem and didn't notice it lol and maybe someone needs help and then I can send him here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

As omar302 mentioned,
Quote:

If wifi is working fine in Gingerbread roms, but does not when flashing/upgarding to IceCreamSanwich, then this app will try to fix it!

And as I said before, in some countries (Mainly those that are located in Middle-East and Africa), when you have SIM-Card inserted, due to incorrect (not set) WiFi country code, you can't find/connect to WiFi networks and this application fixes this problem by changing the WiFi country code when needed.
17th January 2012, 08:26 PM |#27  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdslogic

so is this helpful for the CDMA\LTE galaxy nexus?

A simple try would be harmless
18th January 2012, 12:47 AM |#28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I get this error on ICS using Saumsung Galaxy Nexus:
Quote:

Analysis errors

There was a problem in the interpretation of the package

18th January 2012, 06:11 AM |#29  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankiz

I get this error on ICS using Saumsung Galaxy Nexus:

Quote:

Analysis errors

There was a problem in the interpretation of the package

Not sure what is the problem, check downloaded files md5 sum:

WiFixManager: 1d786941bc6db2c922bc784d11a1308f
WiFixRecovery: 583b199b4042c7ad201cbabb38defd95

if you're using the recovery version, that might be not compatible with your device and your version of recovery, download and install WiFixManager.apk instead.
18th January 2012, 07:55 AM |#30  
nathsgames's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 81
 
Donate to Me
More
OK so in my case, 90% of the time, WiFi works after a reboot, but as soon as the screen times out, the WiFi doesn't come back.

Sometimes toggling WiFi on and off will work, other times it crashes Settings?

Any thoughts? I tried your App but no better thanks.
20th January 2012, 08:52 AM |#31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathsgames

OK so in my case, 90% of the time, WiFi works after a reboot, but as soon as the screen times out, the WiFi doesn't come back.

Sometimes toggling WiFi on and off will work, other times it crashes Settings?

Any thoughts? I tried your App but no better thanks.

It's most likely a ROM/Kernel/Configuration (ex. properties in build.prop) issue.

As said many times before this app can only fix the problems caused by the wrong (not set) country code when SIM is inserted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
country code, fix, ics, wifi, wifix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes