FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274
 
By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2019, 01:19 PM |#11621  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawel

Hi, I've got a question. Currently I'm using OnePlus 3 and I'm wondering which phone would be good to buy next. Main things I'd like from that phone would be: speed and fluidity, good support (long support from OEM and nice stuff from developers here), I'd like battery to be not that tragic (I suspect that there is no phone with great battery and everything else I'd like, bit I'd like to have at least 4 hrs sot), it would be nice to have notification led or some sort of notifications (always on or something else), jack 3,5 would be a nice addition but is not that necessary and lastly I'd like the phone to not be bloated by unnecessary stuff (I want it to be fast and smooth and be like that all the time so that I won't have to factory reset from time to time).
Any idea which phone would be good and would be worth switching from my op3?
Thanks

I had over 6 hours screen on time with my OnePlus 5 and only 5 hours with my current pixel XL (used the OnePlus 5 for 2 years and accidentally took it in the ocean with me - now it's dead obviously).

I'd go with a OnePlus 5t or 6 but you didn't mention a budget. I found at least locally OnePlus phones are hard to find and hold their value well. After 2 years I couldn't afford to buy any OnePlus newer than I already had so I decided to try a Galaxy s8 (didn't like it after using the OnePlus for 2 years) and then went with the pixel XL and had to downgrade a generation for price reasons and to keep the headphone jack.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
4th July 2019, 01:44 PM |#11622  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Hello, I'm looking for a smartphone, for maximum 100 euros.
I have no particular claims, just a decent fluidity and audio in-call.

Thank you, and sorry for my English (Italian).
4th July 2019, 01:47 PM |#11623  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket

I had over 6 hours screen on time with my OnePlus 5 and only 5 hours with my current pixel XL (used the OnePlus 5 for 2 years and accidentally took it in the ocean with me - now it's dead obviously).

I'd go with a OnePlus 5t or 6 but you didn't mention a budget. I found at least locally OnePlus phones are hard to find and hold their value well. After 2 years I couldn't afford to buy any OnePlus newer than I already had so I decided to try a Galaxy s8 (didn't like it after using the OnePlus for 2 years) and then went with the pixel XL and had to downgrade a generation for price reasons and to keep the headphone jack.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not that affraid to pay a little bit more (maybe not for iPhone XS or Galaxy S10+) but OP 5T or 6 wouldn't be a problem for me (I even thought about OP7 which is in my price range, I don't think that 7 Pro is worth paying that extra money over normal version).
4th July 2019, 01:49 PM |#11624  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawel

I'm not that affraid to pay a little bit more (maybe not for iPhone XS or Galaxy S10+) but OP 5T or 6 wouldn't be a problem for me (I even thought about OP7 which is in my price range, I don't think that 7 Pro is worth paying that extra money over normal version).

I only have personal experience with the 5 (5t is basically the same but a little more modern design). But I would probably buy a 6 if I had the money right now (last one with a headphone jack which I use daily, newer processor and 8gb of ram). I definitely notice the ram difference between 4gb on my pixel and 8 on my old OnePlus 5.

I also bought the 5 new directly from OnePlus and it arrived in days, no hassles.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
5th July 2019, 10:11 PM |#11625  
kenny_cfc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawel

I'm not that affraid to pay a little bit more (maybe not for iPhone XS or Galaxy S10+) but OP 5T or 6 wouldn't be a problem for me (I even thought about OP7 which is in my price range, I don't think that 7 Pro is worth paying that extra money over normal version).

I would say go for oneplus 7. Just check if the 8gb ram version also fits in your budget.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny_cfc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenny_cfc Ad-Free
6th July 2019, 08:43 AM |#11626  
phaleg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_cfc

I would say go for oneplus 7. Just check if the 8gb ram version also fits in your budget.

May I ask if OnePlus 7 is easy to mod and put some AOSP rom?
I come from years of flashing on google phones and now that I have Honor I miss it...
6th July 2019, 02:33 PM |#11627  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
All OnePlus phones have been easy to mod and install a custom Rom on as far as I know.

I just never bothered because it's like having a good custom Rom right out of the box with stock software.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 350Rocket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 350Rocket Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 08:09 PM |#11628  
phaleg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket

All OnePlus phones have been easy to mod and install a custom Rom on as far as I know.

I just never bothered because it's like having a good custom Rom right out of the box with stock software.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy!
Would you point to me a tutorial for it?
8th July 2019, 12:13 AM |#11629  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Mobile for rooting for about $300
I'm looking for a new mobile to buy with a preference for rooting/modding/(ethical)hacking. I've no specific agenda in rooting for now but would want to learn it as I'm interested in a career in ethical hacking etc so would be nice if practicing things like (but not limited to)Kali Linux etc, shell scripting, XSS work on it smoothly, (If necessary that is, usually I practice all that in my PC), . Budget would be around $300. Does it make sense to consider if the mobile has 5G also?


Also, currently I have a working mobile, I'm wondering what to do with it..
LG3 Stylus with internal memory of only 8GB, I had bought a 64 GB SD card as I was told wrongly) by the shopkeeper that I could transfer my apps to external, but that's possible only for a few apps & my phone memory gets full easily & it's very frustrating. So I was thinking if I could mod it & use my old LGfor more risky experiments (?) & the new phone for less risky modding or something like that, if it makes sense

Thanks a ton in advance!
9th July 2019, 07:23 AM |#11630  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Anyone have the samsung galaxy a20 is it worth buying
9th July 2019, 09:51 AM |#11631  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,370
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaxoz

I'm looking for a new mobile to buy with a preference for rooting/modding/(ethical)hacking. I've no specific agenda in rooting for now but would want to learn it as I'm interested in a career in ethical hacking etc so would be nice if practicing things like (but not limited to)Kali Linux etc, shell scripting, XSS work on it smoothly, (If necessary that is, usually I practice all that in my PC), . Budget would be around $300. Does it make sense to consider if the mobile has 5G also?


Also, currently I have a working mobile, I'm wondering what to do with it..
LG3 Stylus with internal memory of only 8GB, I had bought a 64 GB SD card as I was told wrongly) by the shopkeeper that I could transfer my apps to external, but that's possible only for a few apps & my phone memory gets full easily & it's very frustrating. So I was thinking if I could mod it & use my old LGfor more risky experiments (?) & the new phone for less risky modding or something like that, if it makes sense

Thanks a ton in advance!

OnePlus 7 pro for me, there isn't a box it doesn't tick..

Besides maybe waterproofing and wireless charging, beyond that it's a monster.

As for your LG..root it and use folder mount so you can use your 64GB of memory as actual internal memory.

Plus with AOSP running on it it'll run amazingly well.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaleg

Thanks buddy!
Would you point to me a tutorial for it?

It's like that out of the box pal? You don't need a tutorial.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes