FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2013, 08:36 AM |#1721  
Thanks Meter: 555

More
And also slow with 600 mhz processor.

Sent from my E15i using xda app-developers app
10th January 2013, 12:59 PM |#1722  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Cool
Hi,
Can you please suggest a phone within price range of 18000 to 25000 INR.
I would like to have phone which would play most of the 3D games smoothly. i.e. A good processor and RAM. I read many reviews but still confused.
1. Samsung Galaxy S2 : Low resolution and price still high
2. Samsung Galaxy S advance : Many negative comments like sluggish, not so great etc
3. S3 mini : no idea regarding this...
4. HTC one S: good but no expandable memory and non detachable battery (is this a concern?? )
5. Xperia P : Limited inbuilt memory.

Could you please suggest a phone with good brand like Samsung, HTC or Sony in India? Also how is motorola atrix 2???

Is it safe to buy from ebay.in ?
10th January 2013, 01:13 PM |#1723  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Galaxy Nexus is a very good device. It's a bit more expensive than the S2 but it's better I say (disregarding the camera)

Sent from my Galaxy Y using xda app-developers app
10th January 2013, 02:56 PM |#1724  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hey all, i'm looking to get an android device and i'd like to use custom roms in the near future once i get the hang of it.

what i'm looking for;
budget: medium/low end
brands: anything EXCEPT samsung
-decent/good battery life
-used mostly for surfing, communicating and gps

i'm currently considering the xperia U and XJ and looking for other suggestions. the U appeals to me because it looks good, battery life is not bad and camera is decent(720p & front cam). the J is good too but seems to be laggy (i tested one) and the camera is a bit of a let down. I also find the Lumia 620 to be a perfect match but it runs on WP8.

any phones out there that comes close to the flexibility of the HTC HD2?
10th January 2013, 03:10 PM |#1725  
simcity
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusionhybrid

hey all, i'm looking to get an android device and i'd like to use custom roms in the near future once i get the hang of it.

what i'm looking for;
budget: medium/low end
brands: anything EXCEPT samsung
-decent/good battery life
-used mostly for surfing, communicating and gps

i'm currently considering the xperia U and XJ and looking for other suggestions. the U appeals to me because it looks good, battery life is not bad and camera is decent(720p & front cam). the J is good too but seems to be laggy (i tested one) and the camera is a bit of a let down. I also find the Lumia 620 to be a perfect match but it runs on WP8.

any phones out there that comes close the flexibility of the HTC HD2?

First of all i doubt you'll be able to find a device in your price range (or any) with the 'flexibility' of hd2
Personally i think its worth considering 620 for its krait - has excellent camera and appealing looks , just try one out and see if wp8 suits your likings , if yes , go for it :thumbup:
Out of U and J i would recommend getting U if you can live with lack of micro sd slot but i really doubt the chances of future updates from sony.

et too brute !

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by huston8

Hi,
Can you please suggest a phone within price range of 18000 to 25000 INR.
I would like to have phone which would play most of the 3D games smoothly. i.e. A good processor and RAM. I read many reviews but still confused.
1. Samsung Galaxy S2 : Low resolution and price still high
2. Samsung Galaxy S advance : Many negative comments like sluggish, not so great etc
3. S3 mini : no idea regarding this...
4. HTC one S: good but no expandable memory and non detachable battery (is this a concern?? )
5. Xperia P : Limited inbuilt memory.

Could you please suggest a phone with good brand like Samsung, HTC or Sony in India? Also how is motorola atrix 2???

Is it safe to buy from ebay.in ?

well s2's resolution ain't that bad - its still worth buying especially considering the fact that Samsung hasn't given up on it . Also i think its better than s3 mini .
Anyhow from your list - the best device is undoubtedly the krait powered one s but beware the one s sold in India is not krait but houses previous gen s3 soc so be cautious !
Atrix is also a great buy if you can find it somewhere for around 17k.
Xperia P has serious battery issues !
Ebay is reliable but delivery may take quite some time !

et too brute !
The Following User Says Thank You to nikufellow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nikufellow Ad-Free
10th January 2013, 03:18 PM |#1726  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikufellow

First of all i doubt you'll be able to find a device in your price range (or any) with the 'flexibility' of hd2
Personally is worth considering for its krait - has excellent camera and appealing looks , just try one out and see if wp8 suits your likings , if yes , go for it :thumbup:
Out of U and J i would recommend getting U if you can live with lack of micro sd slot but i really doubt the chances of future updates from sony.

et too brute !

what a pity, i loved that a lot of development went into the hd2 till it could even run Android. i was hoping there was another phone out there with a lot of dev work.
will give the 620 a try once i get to try a demo unit.
as for the U, Sony has announced that it wont go beyond ICS i can only hope FXP or anyone else for that reason will manage to build a JB custom rom for it.

thanks for the feedback.
10th January 2013, 07:02 PM |#1727  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile latest
guys,

at present the latest best entry level mobile fon is Sony Tipo.. Also HTC explorer is gud.. bettr value fr money
10th January 2013, 07:09 PM |#1728  
simcity
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_007

guys,

at present the latest best entry level mobile fon is Sony Tipo.. Also HTC explorer is gud.. bettr value fr money

Explorer is an oldie but i guess it still has one or two tricks up its sleeve which other similar droids in the price range are short of

et too brute !
10th January 2013, 07:28 PM |#1729  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikufellow

well s2's resolution ain't that bad - its still worth buying especially considering the fact that Samsung hasn't given up on it . Also i think its better than s3 mini .
Anyhow from your list - the best device is undoubtedly the krait powered one s but beware the one s sold in India is not krait but houses previous gen s3 soc so be cautious !
Atrix is also a great buy if you can find it somewhere for around 17k.
Xperia P has serious battery issues !
Ebay is reliable but delivery may take quite some time !

et too brute !

Thanks Buddy...How do I find whether it is Krait powered or not?? Can I check it before buying (Online or from shop) ?
10th January 2013, 08:14 PM |#1730  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huston8

Thanks Buddy...How do I find whether it is Krait powered or not?? Can I check it before buying (Online or from shop) ?

I think so. Online, it should say. It may be mentioned as Snapdragon S4. On store, download a System info and check the processor.

The Xperia P is also good. The battery problem is due the small capacity. But still a good device.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
10th January 2013, 11:58 PM |#1731  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 742

More
Hello, I recently sold my GS3 i9300 (for a device that has so much hardware, it's damn slow) and was looking for a cheap Android phone.

I had in mind the Defy, but then I saw the Desire S and the LG Optimus Black P970 for just 30 dollars more.

Which one of those three devices would be best?

I'm looking for good screen, good audio capabilities, and good customization (I saw that the LG has official CM10.1).

I'm torn between those...

Defy: Cheaper, great customization, lots of ROMs
P970: CM10.1 (not sure if it works fine, but at least is there), perfect screen size (4" vs 3.7")
HTC Desire: Good price, more RAM, better screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)