Chuwi VI8 Bricked (Blackscreen)

Search This thread

Everx89

Feb 4, 2015
I have a problem, I flashed bios and now my screen is black, I can't see anything and I can't do anything... Can you help me? :(

kuroz91

Jul 28, 2008
Paris
I have a problem, I flashed bios and now my screen is black, I can't see anything and I can't do anything... Can you help me? :(

You may have flashed the wrong bios.
I had a black screen to, the back-light was on, but the screen was displaying nothing.
Do yo know if windows boots?
You can see that if the power led flashes green a few seconds after booting the device for windows boot, for android boot you have a sound notification from the mailbox.

If you are in that situation, you can try the following process, tell me and I will try to provide you the right links.

I had flashed the wrong bios (single OS without hdmi instead of the super vi8 bios) and had no display anymore, I had to flash again the right bios without display, only by memory.
You need a USB hub with a USB keyboard. (and another pc to get the files needed to reflash)

- I got the bios for the right version of the vi8 (look a the model number on the back of the device) on official chuwi website (in chinese but I used google chome translation)
- I put the bios on a usb key root with the Onda flash tool executable and changed the extension of the bios file from img to fd.
- I plugged the usb key in the usb hub
- I booted windows and logged in 'blindly'
- I pressed Windows key + R to execute a command and typed 'e:update.exe' to launch the flash tool on the USB key, then I heard a sound warning from the flash tool, pressed enter and let the software do its work for 5 minutes.
- I then shutted down and rebooted the tablet by long pressing the power switch.
- I had the display working back with the chuwi logo and estimated myself lucky.

Conclusion : Check the destination model of the firmware twice before flashing!

Last edited:

elouam

Jan 10, 2012

hi ;

I am in the same situation could you please share with me the flash tool link.

elouam

Jan 10, 2012
Ok go to this post and download the joined zip : Then replace the bios with yours (file with the fd extension) change .img or .bin to .fd, if I remember well.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59869681&postcount=3

Many thankks.
it was difficult for me work under black screen but when I connect tablet to HDMI TV it can display screen :)
now I just need windows installation package to finish reinstallation, I found this page but it requires for baidu account to can download it :rolleyes:

many thanks for your help.

darbiter

Oct 10, 2015
HI, I am about the same way. (ended up bricked this way trying to clear cmos without opening it)

I have checked and my tablet is running windows for good (checked with nano HDMI cable).

backlight is on, touchscreen works, LCD is off.

I can log onto Android and windows. I have contacted Banggood ( I ordered it there) and they gave me a link to download "good" bios. I have flashed it but still the same problem.

My tablet is number q32g221509018**

The bios I tried now is CHUWI.D86JLBNR03.ROM

amonra37

Jan 13, 2013
stripes on screen chuwi vi8 dual boot

hi i have problem i flased bios and now i have only stripes on screen how can i make it work?? thx

krustymars

Dec 7, 2012
Marseille