Thanks Meter: 0

By Redhattler, Junior Member on 30th March 2013, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2015, 08:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some-E

This is awesome, thanks! I've replaced the USB end (PCB + flex + microphone) to my S2 GT-I9100 twice now, and this time it's been only around 1-2 months and I have charging problems. So I was looking for the physical connectors on eBay I could try soldering (I have the old PCB's so I can practise). And then I really began to wonder why 7 pins, which leads me here.

My indirect experience on the extra pins: when I had charging problems for the first time, nudging the charger cable could trigger the phone to think it's been connected to car system, I got Driving mode on stock rom. So the extra pins are used, but I have no details.

I'm now thinking if using a generic cable is bad practise in case of these Samsung 7-pins, because I've heard S2's charging fine through years, and mine doesn't (I use all kinds of chargers / cables)? Replacing the USB PCB + flex is easy, but who orders them for later use? It's always busy time when you cannot charge properly...

I believe all samsungs have this type of connector. I have figured out (through sloppy soldering on my Galaxy S) that grounding pin 2 brings the phone to Dock Mode. Basically Andriod docks, like what originally came in early GM cars, has 2 and 6 connected. When you plug your phone into a media dock, 2 gets connected to 6 to bring it low (grounded). And yes, generic cables are most likely the cause of you port problems. They usually fit very loose, causing bent pins or literately pulling the pins from the PCB. I have had the best luck with factory LG cables.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venomous Duck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Venomous Duck Ad-Free

8th May 2018, 11:22 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
have a zoom image Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 phone model I8160 USB area of the printed circuit board? The USB connector removed had 5 pins only now the universal replacement
has 7 pins that do not match the exact circuit solder connections. The new USB parts
have a total of 9 pins, 5 in the middle of the two pins on the left and two pins on the right
the two outside pins are welded together representing one pin on each side as pin 1 and pin 7 with 5 pins in between. The problem is the pins do not match the circuit board exact

Here is the source for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160, mini USB replacement parts

7 pin SAMSUNG female USB connector
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)