17th February 2011, 11:34 PM |#21  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessymessy

How do you upgrade a ROM?

I just flashed Super Nova 2.0.2 last night. It was updated to 2.0.6 since I flashed. How do I update? Do I have flash back to factory?

Go to the thread and look to see if there's a zip file you can just flash.

17th February 2011, 11:45 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Love the captivate
18th February 2011, 02:56 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Junction City
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessymessy

How do you upgrade a ROM?

I just flashed Super Nova 2.0.2 last night. It was updated to 2.0.6 since I flashed. How do I update? Do I have flash back to factory?

If they are major revisions (read the dev's OP post to find out) you would need to wipe and start fresh.

If they are just minor fixes? You can flash over the top of the existing ROM just fine. - But remember either way you should back up your data using your preferred method as even flashing over the top will most likely format the partitions in your phone when installing.
19th February 2011, 08:40 PM |#24  
Flag KTM

More
hi, i bought samsung captivate, in china . . ya and it was rooted , by some chinese version.
and i found it was missing normal android market .. it has some chinese version of app market .. but i wish to install real android market .

can anyone guide me ..
21st February 2011, 03:32 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Junction City
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidurmarasini

hi, i bought samsung captivate, in china . . ya and it was rooted , by some chinese version.
and i found it was missing normal android market .. it has some chinese version of app market .. but i wish to install real android market .

can anyone guide me ..

Um.. make sure you know what version Captivate you have - flash it back to stock using Odin 1-Click. You will get your market etc.. back to whatever your locale is.
24th February 2011, 01:21 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If you flash back to stock using ODIN (which I have done a couple of times before flashing a new ROM) is that truely indifferent from when the phone was first purchased?

I was asking because I read today that Samsung might finally release an update for Froyo to the Samsung Captivate. Would this renable over the air (OTA) updates?
24th February 2011, 03:19 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Great stuff here guys!!! Thanks for the info
27th February 2011, 02:12 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
EDIT- Sorry, wrong thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
2nd March 2011, 04:26 AM |#29  

More
Thumbs up Works great
Thanks thanks thanks so much.
I bought a ATT captivate, and su is lockdown. Most post in XDA forum is obsoleted. Use this one click program, successfully root and unlock the phone. It is running on tmobile now.
2nd March 2011, 09:17 PM |#30  

More
help for a begginer..
im buying the samsung captivate. i never had a android phone and im reading a lot of things about it, but i really dont know what to do first .. can someone tell me what you think i should do about roms, roothing step by step.? Dont need to explain how to do it just the sequence i should follow.
ex:should i update to 2.2 froyo, than roof the phone and than install another custom rom like Serendipty, cognition or other?????
ill appreciate your help.
2nd March 2011, 09:54 PM |#31  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavogusso

im buying the samsung captivate. i never had a android phone and im reading a lot of things about it, but i really dont know what to do first .. can someone tell me what you think i should do about roms, roothing step by step.? Dont need to explain how to do it just the sequence i should follow.
ex:should i update to 2.2 froyo, than roof the phone and than install another custom rom like Serendipty, cognition or other?????
ill appreciate your help.

What you should do first is slow down. Read as much as you can here (go through the stickies in Captivate General and in the development area) and understand what rooting is, first, before you decide to install a custom ROM. People who do their research have successful custom ROM experiences.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)