13th April 2013, 02:14 AM |#61  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor

How about teamandirc aka jcase has an att one in hand and it is not unlockable

Sent from my HTC One VX using xda premium

Ah, I hadn't seen that. All I've seen is speculation and a twitter post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
13th April 2013, 02:28 AM |#62  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lawton, OK
Thanks Meter: 4,497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDhed

Ah, I hadn't seen that. All I've seen is speculation and a twitter post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah he mentioned it on Twitter also. But I know jcase more than I do Paul.

Sent from my HTC One VX using xda premium
13th April 2013, 04:33 AM |#63  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I was hoping to pick up this phone in May but i'm one of those that would rather wait till the boot loader is unlocked first. I need to be able to tether and I want to UV for battery as well. hope they do it fast. I'm also open to buying the developer edition, the main reason i'd get the AT&T version over the developer is to get insurance on it..
13th April 2013, 04:44 AM |#64  
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuregerald

I was hoping to pick up this phone in May but i'm one of those that would rather wait till the boot loader is unlocked first. I need to be able to tether and I want to UV for battery as well. hope they do it fast. I'm also open to buying the developer edition, the main reason i'd get the AT&T version over the developer is to get insurance on it..

Why not get Square Trade insurance. $125 up front and then a $99 deductible if you need to make a claim. Covers you for everything but losing it or having it stolen. You have to send it in if something happens, but if they can't fix it, they send you enough to buy a new one. It could be a problem if you didn't have a backup phone though.

EDIT: They also have a monthly option of $6.99/month.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidiac13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidiac13 Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 04:57 AM |#65  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiac13

Why not get Square Trade insurance. $125 up front and then a $99 deductible if you need to make a claim. Covers you for everything but losing it or having it stolen. You have to send it in if something happens, but if they can't fix it, they send you enough to buy a new one. It could be a problem if you didn't have a backup phone though.

Thanks I'll look in to that. I just hope they have developer phones in stock next month. sucks that I have to move this month or i'd buy it now...i probably still would but my wife would kill me
13th April 2013, 05:25 AM |#66  
Flag Fayetteville, NC.
Thanks Meter: 682

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiac13

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuregerald

Thanks I'll look in to that. I just hope they have developer phones in stock next month. sucks that I have to move this month or i'd buy it now...i probably still would but my wife would kill me

check square trade on facebook. someone said they got a $25 discount from fb.
The Following User Says Thank You to nugzo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nugzo Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 11:18 AM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hmm,this is interesting. They locked the bootloader so we can't root it?
13th April 2013, 12:37 PM |#68  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground_XI

Only a noob can say s-off is hardly necessary. Cool though glad u happy with it.

Only a noob thinks this way

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2013, 12:45 PM |#69  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
I have the device and was able to generate a unlock.bin file on the htc dev website to unlock the bootloader.

- Dan
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DanMc85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanMc85 Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 12:51 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMc85

I have the device and was able to generate a unlock.bin file on the htc dev website to unlock the bootloader.

- Dan

That's Fn awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
13th April 2013, 12:54 PM |#71  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimetti

That's Fn awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Yep, they also already released a OTA update for it, I'm not sure what was changed yet but hopefully the don't lock up the bootloader website once the phone officially launches. This one is my company phone, I have my own personal one coming on launch day and I will be heated if I cannot unlock the bootloader on it. lol

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2232549
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)