[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

Search This thread

Duck Quan

Jul 22, 2016
When I start the exe I press yes on everything but it says 0 files installed. I've tried everything and nothing works. It's worked before on this same PC so I don't know why it's not working now (recently reset PC)

gorbzzz

Sep 16, 2017
hi guys. i found a way to install fastboot drivers on Windows 10

download the app here called zadig: http://zadig.akeo.ie/

it downloads the missing drivers and installs it.

i connected my device (Z5 E6653) to the computer and put it in fastboot mode before i did the following:

1. Download the tool, start it.
2. Select the "S1Boot fastboot" device
3. Select the WinUSB Driver
4. Click Install

thats it! worked for me perfectly as i was having a hard time with this also. credits to the owner of this program. hope this helps. cheers! :)

andyroidking

Mar 10, 2016
Lenovo P11
When I start the exe I press yes on everything but it says 0 files installed. I've tried everything and nothing works. It's worked before on this same PC so I don't know why it's not working now (recently reset PC)
I've yet to have that issue and I've installed this on fresh pc's 3 or 4 times. I always install for all users.
BTW... when I used the thread search with your problem "0 files installed", I got 53 thread results.... Check them out. ;)

fathergweedo

Feb 8, 2014
Detroit
LG V20
Moto G Stylus 5G

Are you running the exe as administrator? If that fails, reboot in advanced mode (Google how to do so) and allow unsigned drivers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk 2

fathergweedo

Feb 8, 2014
Detroit
LG V20
Moto G Stylus 5G
Glad to help, but I should have been a bit more specific: Search for "51-android.rules" to find information in creating them and assigning proper permissions. Here's a pretty good resource to explain/create them. http://snowdream.github.io/51-android/

EDIT: You'll still need to install android-tools-adb and android-tools-fastboot

For Debian/Ubuntu & it's derivatives, just open a terminal and paste (copied from this page):

sudo apt update

Then:

sudo apt install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Thanks for your support.
I feel ashamed that i haven't updated or maintained this for a while. Hope new release will come soon :)
You Definitely shouldn't EVER feel ashamed! I on the other hand I'm feeling a little embarrassed - I can't for the life of me figure out how I was able to get adb working on my pc before - And now when I enter any Command other than "exit" - I get something like "adb devices command not found on internal or external storage" on Windows 10 - It's driving me crazy! I'm trying to enable BBS on a Stock Unrooted Rom - And I'm also trying to Enable the QS Tile for Data (some fool at the Canadian Carriers thought it was a good idea to remove it).

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
And now when I enter any Command other than "exit" - I get something like "adb devices command not found on internal or external storage" on Windows 10 - It's driving me crazy!

Did you install it system wide? If not, you have to! :eek:
  1. check if you have a folder called C:\adb and check that it actually contains adb.exe
  2. check that the adb's folder name is included into the path: type "echo %path%" in a Command Prompt and look for the folder name

Reactions: shaggyskunk

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
  1. check if you have a folder called C:\adb and check that it actually contains adb.exe
  2. check that the adb's folder name is included into the path: type "echo %path%" in a Command Prompt and look for the folder name
Yeah I selected all users - But I'll check the rest - I USED to be pretty competent with Windows - And now my brain has switched to Android - Haha yeah
I'll try to figure it out on my "rooted" PC - lol ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

dd805bb

Sep 18, 2017
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
worked for me. windows 10 on a macbook air. for some reason i couldnt just install it from google with just tools and no way was i going to download the whole studio. this worked awesome. thank you.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Ok I was finally able to get adb to work and install BBS on a non rooted device - The only thing that I don't understand is that I have to put this in front of the adb command ". \ "
ie: .\adb -d shell pm grant com.asksven.betterbatterystats android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
i did this i think successfully but i get a offline when trying to root my rca voyager 3 tab in rootkit.
is there a fix for this?
i was following this method, https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684210
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i successfully got to #8 (according to the thread i posted above) of the first method but from there you lost me, what i did was i was on windows so i booted up linux mint on my other hard drive and brought up nautilus pluged my rca tab 3 in and put it in recovery then it says #9. In The Exploring Window navigate to /data/local/tmp, but there is no path like that in nautilus. well that where im stuck please help i greatly appreciate it.

What am i doing wrong??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My problem is setting the path variable, hard to do

Not so hard if you follow a tutorial like the ones above (especially the one by XDA)
    I understand that it's a bit more work than installing one of the adb& fastboot tools but the advantages are that you're always up to date and have no problems with installation.
    yeah with platform tools 35, thats really old
    Why don't use platform tools itself? As you say, it's actual and the installation is as easy as for every adb/fastboot tool.
    15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3
    ADB, Fastboot and Drivers
    MCPoJ81.png

What is this?
    This is All-in-One installer for 3 most needed PC tools for Android. No need to download big SDK for 3 small things. I originaly made it for my Kurdish friend AnGrY DuDe in early 2013. I saw another ADB installer on XDA, but it wasn't good enough for me so i'm finaly posting it here. It's very small and fast installer for tools and drivers.

Features:
    Small - 9.18 MB
    Fast - 15 seconds install (many times its even less)
    AIO - ADB, Fastboot and also Drivers
    Easy to install - just run it and program will guide you
    Clean - ADB and Google Drivers from latest SDK

Install process:
    1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
    2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
    3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
    4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
    5. Continue Driver installation
    6. 15 seconds passed - finished!

Notes:
    System-wide: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %SystemDrive%\adb directory, and added system-wide path.
    Current user only: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %UserProfile%\adb directory, and added path for current user.
    CMD can use ADB and Fastboot from any directory.
    Drivers are installed to system - no need to install them from directories.
    Installer automaticly decides if install 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.
    If anybody got problem with detecting device, go see picture guide View attachment howto_driver.zip
    If installation fails, then post here contents of "adb-installer.log" from desktop. (if there is any)

If you have problem with driver enumeration in Windows 8.1 install update KB2917929

If you have older Google USB Driver installed, please uninstall it from Control Panel before installing new

If you have previously installed it as system-wide and now you want it current user only (or vice-versa), it won't remove it, you must do it yourself. (at least for now)

Mod edit
    In this post it was brought to my attention that this installer installs a very outdated version of ADB and its related tools.
    It's highly recommended you use the latest version.
    If you wish to proceed, that is of course okay as this installer arguably provides an easier way to get going with ADB for some people, but do know that it's currently very outdated.
    Downloads: Version 1.4.3
    XDA Mirror added by Mod @Redline
    Downloads: Version 1.4.2
    Google Drive
    Userscloud
    Zippyshare
    Dropbox

Version 1.3 (If upper one doesn't work)
    Google Drive

If you like my work, want to support development and have few coins spare:

Video tutorials: (thanks goes to savadam)

Used tools:
    BRAIN, 7-Zip, Notepad++, WDK, ResourceHacker, UPX, Android SDK, and maybe something else
    Changelog

Changelog

Next version (WIP)
    I will completely rewrite the project and make 2 versions, offline and online one.
    Can also download latest files.
    Will be open-source, code hosted on GitHub.

Version 1.4.3
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 23 version (Android 6.0)
    Version 1.4.2
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 21 version (Android 5.0)
    Version 1.4.1
    - Fixed bug refusing to set %PATH%
    Version 1.4
    - Fixed %PATH% for Windows XP (SETX missing)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 11.0.0000.00000
    - Errorlog
    - Cleanup

Version 1.3
    - Now use 7-Zip SFX (instead of WinRAR)
    - Add choice for "system-wide" or "current user only" installation of adb
    - Newer DPInst (WDK 8.1)
    - Reduced size
    - Fixed bug

Version 1.2
    - Update only files that need to be updated
    - Add to PATH only when its not already present (prevent having it twice or more)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 9.0.0000.00000
    - 2KB bigger :(

Version 1.1
    - Added Y/N option for installations (you can choose what to install)
    - Changed installation directory to "%SystemDrive%\adb" and added PATH
    - Will also remove adb from WINDIR if you still have it here
    - Changed x86/x64 detection system
    - Faster
    - 0.01MB smaller than previous version :D

Version 1.0
    - Initial release
    Nice! Thank you. Will give this a shot. My adb/fastboot quit working when I moved and I cannot get it uninstalled or reinstalled for some reason. Have even tried other one click packages and still no go. Will try tonight. Does this need internet connection to install proper drivers, or are they packaged?

Edit: I just looked at the driver pics and it appears they're local. Great! Thank you.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is WinRAR SFX archive that will start batch script, adb is copied using xcopy and drivers are installed using DPInst - Driver Package Installer from Windows Driver Kit, whole thing is extracted to temp directory and deleted after completition.

And yes, no internet conection is required.

How much did installation took ?
    when the installaton got succesful i got notiication from Bitdefender that Ransomeware behaviour detected by adb-setup-1.4.3.exe. Is this file reallly safe and one more thing i wasn't able to download adb file from your source so i used other webpage. xda forum is not letting me paste the here for now.
    Use this its the original direct download from xda.