New updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Raymondlikesroot

Jan 28, 2014
So with the new kit kat update incoming, I've heard that it might lock down the s4 even harder. For future purposes, if I were to odin restore my s4 to stock, and then the phone starts automatically updating to 4.4, what would i do to stop the update (because I don't want my s4 to be even more locked!)?

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
Reactions: Raymondlikesroot

Raymondlikesroot

Jan 28, 2014

Thanks for the fast reply! However, you kind of misinterpreted the question. I'm trying to ask what to do when you
1) Odin Restore ( So the phone is on factory settings ! duh.. but the important thing is that the update apps are back to normal; i.e. unfrozen)
2) Boot phone up
3) Phone already starts the update sequence

I'm not really sure if this can happen because it never automatically updated ever before, but just in case... Or does the updater app never auto update?

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
Thanks for the fast reply! However, you kind of misinterpreted the question. I'm trying to ask what to do when you
1) Odin Restore ( So the phone is on factory settings ! duh.. but the important thing is that the update apps are back to normal; i.e. unfrozen)
2) Boot phone up

I'm not really sure if this can happen because it never automatically updated ever before, but just in case... Or does the updater app never auto update?

It won't start updating without prompting, and SDM is what does the prompting.

I would recommend simply turning on airplane mode until you're able to root/freeze sdm/fwupgrade.

Reactions: Raymondlikesroot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So with the new kit kat update incoming, I've heard that it might lock down the s4 even harder. For future purposes, if I were to odin restore my s4 to stock, and then the phone starts automatically updating to 4.4, what would i do to stop the update (because I don't want my s4 to be even more locked!)?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2360206
    2) Boot phone up

It won't start updating without prompting, and SDM is what does the prompting.

I would recommend simply turning on airplane mode until you're able to root/freeze sdm/fwupgrade.