When are we getting a Dev Edition RUU!?

Search This thread

NextNexus

Jan 19, 2007
Phone has been out a while now but still no developer edition RUU. I'm interested in converting by M8 (which is an AT&T variant previously converted to a GPE) to a developer edition version but don't want to do so until the RUU is released. Does anyone know HTC's typical time frame for releasing it? Is there any other fairly simple way to make this conversion from GPE to Developer Edition? Thanks.

metaphz

Jan 9, 2014
Minnesota
Lol I need help with this too. I have SIM Unlocked BS_US002 and converted to GPE. The Dev RUU would be the closest to my phone and there is no 1540 firmwares posted so I can't get back to Sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Lol I need help with this too. I have SIM Unlocked BS_US002 and converted to GPE. The Dev RUU would be the closest to my phone and there is no 1540 firmwares posted so I can't get back to Sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Phone has been out a while now but still no developer edition RUU. I'm interested in converting by M8 (which is an AT&T variant previously converted to a GPE) to a developer edition version but don't want to do so until the RUU is released. Does anyone know HTC's typical time frame for releasing it? Is there any other fairly simple way to make this conversion from GPE to Developer Edition? Thanks.

There are a bunch of guides on this. All you have to do is flash the ota firmware, change mid/cid, and put developer nandroid and recovery on your phone. Obviously check/change mid/cid before flashing the firmware.zip.

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Ive also gone back and forth with the GPE and SenseUI based setups. I would much rather have an RUU to re partition my device but the guide worked fairly well. I have never waitied this long for an RUU for an HTC device tho.

NextNexus

Jan 19, 2007
Ive also gone back and forth with the GPE and SenseUI based setups. I would much rather have an RUU to re partition my device but the guide worked fairly well. I have never waitied this long for an RUU for an HTC device tho.

Right. Just seems a little strange that HTC hasn't released the official RUU yet.