Absolution Q&A

Search This thread

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
If you are running Absolution 3, please do not flash any themes or batteries until an update for the theme and battery is released. The framework has changed and you will bootloop if you do.

If any of you want to talk to the team, we are using an app called Palringo. Just add theandroidcollective as a group. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for trying Absolution. If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, etc. please post them here and not in the Development thread. One of the team members will be glad to help you.

We only have two rules. Please do a simple search for your question in the FAQ section below or in this thread before posting your question. Chances are good, the question has already been asked and answered. Also, when you ask a question, please make sure you are as specific as possible so we can pinpoint the problem. We thank you ahead of time for your cooperation.

You may find Absolution at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1304056

Please make sure you read the third post in this thread. Thank you.

If you are running Absolution 3, please do not flash any themes or batteries until an update for the theme and battery is released. The framework has changed and you will bootloop if you do.

Last edited:

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
*Absolution 3.3 Important Information*​

What is what in AbsolutionTools you ask?

1. Custom OC Profiles:
Sloth - Sleep = conservative 192/345 + Wake = interactive 192/883
flappjaxxx - Sleep = conservative 192/345 + Wake = ondemandX 192/1113
rasroy - Sleep = conservative 192/345 + Wake = ondemandX 192/1344
Nun - Sleep = conservative 268/345 + Wake = ondemand 268/1190
Lone Star - Sleep = conservative 192/192 + Wake = interactive 268/1267
Dumbass - Sleep = conservative 192/345 + Wake = lagfree 192/1420

2. GPS Configs are by crypted and they are all version 2.2 except for Worldwide 1.3 which may be better for some than 2.2 that is why I included it. Make sure to be patient if coming from a clean install when trying to get your first lock. It may take quite some time as it downloads assistance data. I don't think I need to say this but you should not be in a house or a building trying to get a lock as this will severely degrade signal.

3. At the moment 1:30pm EST when you Update AbsolutionTools it will reset any custom OC/UV custom profiles. I will push out a fix for this today some time. But if your profile gets nuked just set it again. Takes a whole 2 seconds. I did this on purpose for a reason. To ready people's devices for the profiles in Tools 5.0 that may not have had andrev_oc installed.

4. If you are using OC/UV Beater Please uninstall it as it will conflict with the current settings you are using if you use custom OC profiles. I will be posting a fix for this later today too.

5. Undervolting is seriously not recommended on this version of Absolution. Your battery life will be as good as it is going to get. Default frequencies are lower than stock CM7 kernel out of the box. If you insist on using undervolting use the included Absolution Undervolt because so far it is the only amount of undervolting that is fairly stable.

6. Ad Blocking Apps such as Ad-Away are no longer needed as AbsolutionTools takes care of this now and it uses the lists as Ad-Away.

7. If you do the One Touch Google Apps Installer from tools YOU MUST Reboot after install or you will in fact get Force Closes. I included the most standard Google Apps to get most users up and running but not all of them. After using the installer Reboot, Open Market and Search Google and it will show you which ones are now installed and which ones aren't.

8. If you are having Compatibility issues with apps in the Market after changing screen resolution in Tools, Go to Homescreen> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications then Find Market and Clear Data then reboot and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
PLEASE READ THIS:

Before you make any changes on your phone, make sure you know what you are doing first. That means, read first, read some more, and continue reading until you are comfortable with making whatever change you want. To not do so is only asking for trouble. With that, The Collective is not responsible for any damage you may cause your phone. If you destroy your phone, brick it or do anything that causes it not to work properly, it is your own doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasroygbiv

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
FAQ

1) If you find that your voicemail number is not set or incorrect, please see the following: http://bridog.net/cellular/voicemail-access-numbers/

2) If you find the Market doesn't work correctly after flashing, including FCs and downloading issues, do a restart.

3) If Gmail doesn't sync, go to Settings, Accounts & sync, tap on your account, turn off Sync Gmail then turn it back on.

4) Front Facing Camera hack tells video chat apps that your device is equipped with a front facing camera, then uses the camera on the back. Grab a mirror and enjoy!

5) To set device phone number, go to Settings>Call Settings>Additional Settings>My Phone Number

6) If you have issues using Flash, try this: Using ES File Explorer or the like, navigate to /data/data/com.android.browser/flash player and long press the item scroll down and remove permissions
Try embedded video again.

Last edited:
Reactions: omarcelle

passtheknowledge

Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for the info only reason i ask is because i don't see oc/uv beater having an option to set a profile for screen off (like setcpu).
Maybe its there if not any help?

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Thanks for the info only reason i ask is because i don't see oc/uv beater having an option to set a profile for screen off (like setcpu).

It does not have a screen off profile, but I think you will find that the kernel does a great job. If you use setcpu, just don't use OC/UVBeater. I perfer OC/UVBeater because it allows for undervolting from the app. Really convenient...

dyne2199

Feb 22, 2011
Mohave Valley, AZ
Google Pixel 4a 5G

You don't really need a screen-off profile to save battery, (if that's why you're using it in the first place, I should say), so just having an option for a single profile state is really all you need. With your screen off, your phone should be spending a good amount of time in "Deep Sleep" mode, (grab the "CPU Spy" app from the Market which will show you how much time your phone is spending in each clock cycle available for your governor). The Devs (especially these guys :)) have customized these ROMs to run extremely efficiently while sipping the battery, thus a single profile fits the bill nicely.

Reactions: ashies7

rasroygbiv

Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
is there a way to turn off the animations that occur when going through the menu/settings?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

nm, just found it.

Feel free to share the answer to your own questions here when you figure something out yourself... You never know when it might help another user! :) Welcome!

Otreblada

Dec 20, 2007
Themes

Thinking on switching to this rom, but I would like to know if there is anyway to change the themes. Do the phoenix theme work?

rasroygbiv

Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Thinking on switching to this rom, but I would like to know if there is anyway to change the themes. Do the phoenix theme work?
Theme Chooser themes are always an option. DO NOT use a theme that was made for a different ROM, or we are not resposible. LOL. But keep an eye out, this team is known for some great theming work. Lots of extras coming in the update later tonight! ;)

Last edited:

Otreblada

Dec 20, 2007
7 minutes to answer. Whao! Have not seen a support like this since Symonc was running the MIUI forum. Thanks

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
7 minutes to answer. Whao! Have not seen a support like this since Symonc was running the MIUI forum. Thanks

We are here to help. Plus that's the advantage of having a ROM that is supported by a team like ours. However, keep in mind we won't always be able to answer in 7 minutes or so, but we will certainly do the best we can. Thanks for trying out Absolution!!

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
We are here to help. Plus that's the advantage of having a ROM that is supported by a team like ours. However, keep in mind we won't always be able to answer in 7 minutes or so, but we will certainly do the best we can. Thanks for trying out Absolution!!

+1!! We here at the collective will do everything we can to provide the quickest and best answers that we can!

I got your 10 char right here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Important Update*

*Important Update*
    I have found yet another bug in Absolution Tools and Tweak.
    This has been a work in progress since I made it but I thought it was working as it should.
    I was wrong. It has not been removing the tweak settings properly upon resetting cpu clock settings in tools.
    That being said, it does now. As far as I can tell from just now testing it, everything works as it should. But I have said that before :p
    Please Update Absolution Tools now.
    If you are in a country that cannot download from the automatic download links please download Absolution Tools v7.3 from the OTA>Apps Section.
    Thanks!

flappjaxxx OUT!
    Ok, I will research the kitchen and give it a whirl. I love the ability to customize my phone the way I want it. If I didn't I would have never rooted it and started flashing... Plus I really don't want to go into a boot loop, I don't wear boots or loops anyway!

Thanks for your help, simply amazing how quick you guys reply and help.

No prob...that's what make us better than any other team on this site.

Don't forget the thanks button! :)

I got your 10 char right here

abso Bacon Mod
    Ras accounts for 84% of my thanks..I love that guy! :D

There is another thanks for you buddy! Thanks for helping support this thing. Its awesome to have great users throw in and help out. We have the best users around!

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul
    I have a question that is not a when or anything like that and even bringing this up may be taboo, and if that is the case just tell me to shutup and I won't think about it again until it happens.

So, I have been watching the ICS ROMs becoming available and the entailing conversations. With that I am anticipating CM9 more and more. Now I am wondering what you all (the Collective) think about CM9 and if you plan on moving Absolution to this and if so how you foresee this change effecting this ROM? Again this is not a question of when, but if and what to expect...

Totally up in the air right now. Leaning more to a more pure aosp build personally but that is not set in stone anywhere. We will decide as a team and announce when we start an ICS build.

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    I love absolution and the work you guys do but I really like your blue stock abso theme from 3.3 and your blue wallpapers from 3.3. Any chance you can bring that stuff back and add it as options in absolution ota? Why remove extra options if the work is already done.

Its been said before...but I will say it again. Please give us a few days before asking about mods or add ons. A have just dropped a proverbial load here and need some time to recoup. If you knew how many hours were put into this over the weekend and yesterday, you would understand. That's time taken away from wife and kids who now deserve a little attention. Plus after any climax, a man wants to rest. Give us some time. I understand your like and want blue, but even tough the theme is done, its work. Which I ain't doing for a while. So, if you would like blue, feel free to stay on 3.3 for now...or, fine a thread in how to theme and bring it over.

Like Tupac said...I ain't mad atcha...just want some well deserved rest.

Sent from a phone.