[ROM][ODIN][ZIP]Stock Rooted Deodexed/Odexed MF9 with SuperSU/Busybox 1.20.2

Search This thread

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
I was wondering the same thing. This is my first update with the SG4 and I never saw a multiple part upate like this while using the SG2. I guess I may wait because I feel safer that way (call me chicken...)

Chicken.... :laugh: Just kidding. There really is no difference in function. It saves a little time but that is all. It won't impact how the setup runs. Just follow the steps in the second post and you will be updated the same as if someone puts all of those together in one tar file.

mugsaway

Aug 9, 2010
I never updated to MDL so I am still on stock MDC (rooted).
What do I need to do to get MF9? Do I need to update to MDL first, and then MF9? Or can I just go from MDC to MF9 using the instructions in post 2?

johnfred1987

Jun 24, 2013
Pawtucket,RI
About to do this hope all goes good cause im at work hotspoting it quickly is this right
1) make back up
2) odin tar file (extract right)after changing notepad to 1 instead of ok
3)after reboot flash kernal from recovery mf9
4) flash odexed mf9 rom that 1.4gb file is that right life or death lol

if some one tell me if this is right it'll be appreciated and mostly do i extract the tar file before odin please please thankyou
galaxy s4

Last edited:

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
About to do this hope all goes good cause im at work hotspoting it quickly is this right
1) make back up
2) odin tar file (extract right)after changing notepad to 1 instead of ok
3)after reboot flash kernal from recovery mf9
4) flash odexed mf9 rom that 1.4gb file is that right life or death lol

if some one tell me if this is right it'll be appreciated and mostly do i extract the tar file before odin please please thankyou
galaxy s4

Yeah those are the steps I would take. No you don't extract the tar file first.

Reactions: johnfred1987

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
Im sorry if this has been asked before but I am running the Deodexed form of this Rom and I am wondering if anyone is using Nottach's mod with any sucess? I just wanna change around status bar but im afraid to install...lol thank in advance

johnfred1987

Jun 24, 2013
Pawtucket,RI
Thank you soo much

everything went flawlessly including the mf9 hotspot mod the only two things were after updateing prl and profile the phone rebooted with no warning and the second is i had to wipe my data in the playstore and set up my account on play cause nothing was downloading ie root checker to make sure i maintained root but great job thank you for this one last thing does google wallet work on this ??

mugsaway

Aug 9, 2010
Ok, a couple of questions before I start...

1) in Titanium Backup, do I need to unfreeze anything before I start?
2) After Odin noobnl's tar and the phone reboots, Do I still have my custom recovery?
3) If I do still have custom recovery, I am then to flash from recovery (and not Odin) the MF9 kernel and then the MF9 ROM

johnfred1987

Jun 24, 2013
Pawtucket,RI
Ok, a couple of questions before I start...

1) in Titanium Backup, do I need to unfreeze anything before I start?
2) After Odin noobnl's tar and the phone reboots, Do I still have my custom recovery?
3) If I do still have custom recovery, I am then to flash from recovery (and not Odin) the MF9 kernel and then the MF9 ROM

You will still have recovery and yes you flash them in recovery not sure about the first one however stock apps and all for that matter you can always unfreeze and freeze again as long as you do no data wipe i just did it it works

mugsaway

Aug 9, 2010
Ok, I am in Odin and when I click "PDA", I do not see noobnl's tar file. Was I to change the name or extract this first?

johnfred1987

Jun 24, 2013
Pawtucket,RI
Phonebootupdate=1 did you change that make sure you do like in the instructions for the tar in odin also you have to find the file path where you downloaded the file I extracted the file then it shows

galaxy s4

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
So far, so good. Just noticed one "issue"
In recent apps (press and hold home button), I now see an app called MIPerroractivity showing up. Clicking on it doesn't take me to the app (sometimes takes me to home page, and sometimes to another app like chrome that I have open). If I click app info, it shows me that it is from com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier. Anybody know what this is?

I'm kinds curious about this MIPerroractivity app that's in the Recents Table as well. Roy, any idea what that is! TIA!
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

raptorseye

Mar 3, 2011
EDIT>...Ya know, im just throwing it out there, but it may be good to add that after you flash the ROM and Kernel, ya still wanna update the firmware, cause even after flashing the ROM and Kernel my WiFi still didnt work. just a thought

so do you mean flash the modem via odin for a second time after installing kernel and rom?

I am asking because my wifi is not turning on, and I did follow the instructions accurately. - I am using the odex with wipe.

EDIT: I answered my own question. the answer is yes, lol. If you have broke wifi and you odin flash the modem again after installing rom and kernel, it should fix the wifi. at least it did for me.

Last edited:

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
Im sorry if this has been asked before but I am running the Deodexed form of this Rom and I am wondering if anyone is using Nottach's mod with any sucess? I just wanna change around status bar but im afraid to install...lol thank in advance

I'm using it and it works fine on mf9. No issues for me.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

After two days I can report that my battery life is much worse on MF9. I normally for around 24 hours runtime on MDL but now I only get around 11 or 12. Also both Gallery and Camera are very sluggish now compared to how they were on MDL.

ToddlerTN

Jun 5, 2008

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

After two days I can report that my battery life is much worse on MF9. I normally for around 24 hours runtime on MDL but now I only get around 11 or 12. Also both Gallery and Camera are very sluggish now compared to how they were on MDL.

Exactly the opposite of my experience with MF9. First thing I noticed was faster responsiveness all around. I've seen no difference in battery life, still just as excellent as before.

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007

Mine seems to be about the same. I haven't really studied it though. Just keep in mind that you have probably been using it a lot more with flashing, backups or just messing with it to see what has changed. You might have had a custom kernel before which is another factor. I am getting a full day out of mine on MF9.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
I'm kinds curious about this MIPerroractivity app that's in the Recents Table as well. Roy, any idea what that is! TIA!
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I just saw the thread on that last night. Not sure what it is yet but I don't like all of the permissions it has. Pretty suspect.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Installation Instructions:
There are multiple methods of installation. This is just one that I would recommend.
  1. Install custom recovery (If you don't already have one)
  2. Make a backup
  3. Odin noobnl's tar from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43418277 (Make sure you follow the instructions)
  4. Install stock MF9 kernel
  5. Install the rom zip of your choice

Installing Custom Recovery
How To Use Odin

How To Use ADB To Install A Custom Recovery

Custom Recovery Method
How To Install A Zip With CWM

How To Install A Zip With TWRP

Will this method update you to the latest kernal, modem, firmware, etc? or do we still have to flash those seperately?

Does the order matter?

Thanks

Reactions: Carpediem06

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to Calkulin for use of the install script. Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSU. Thanks to dsixda for the Kitchen. Thanks to romracer for the Deodexed Wallet fix. Thanks to garwynn for helping me get the system image working on the S4.

Flash this to get Deodexed/Odexed stock MF9 with latest root (SuperSU), su binary and Busybox 1.20.2. The zip files Do Not include a kernel or any other firmware. The tar files are complete packages that include Everything. That means the stock kernel and recovery are included. If you don't want those delete them out of the tar file before you flash it with Odin.

All of the zips wipe cache and dalvik for you so no need to do that separately.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You do this at your own risk.

As with everything I release, you are welcome to use this any way you need. Just remember where it came from:good:

There is a version for no data wipe and data wipe. Make sure you don't get them mixed up. The data wipe versions do not delete the /data/media folder.

Custom kernels will still give you a nag. A kernel dev will have to fix that. For now freeze seandroid.

If you get an md5 error in Odin delete the .md5 off the filename and try again.

Downloads:

Download Odexed No Data Wipe Tar
    MD5: ff0b85bf0d809a3ee2e21fed6123aece

Download Odexed No Data Wipe Zip
    MD5: 503f35c922c019fa5d4aad3b64b3e78a

Download Odexed With Data Wipe Zip
    MD5: 6700c52d8a9f7d6c0ff8d6cb453b74a1

Download Deodexed No Data Wipe Tar
    MD5: f6dd03622a43a6709c7d1b72c35f21cd

Download Deodexed No Data Wipe Zip
    MD5: b87bc97707bacedb1e534a5478f1ebbc

Download Deodexed With Data Wipe Zip
    MD5: 13c572507823571ffa7d29a7f93023e5

Download Stock MF9 Kernel
    MD5: ae6e8712be9492d4de374ade043851b5

Download Stock MF9 Recovery
    MD5: f843028f419e68aedda2742ce65405a9

Download Stock MF9 Firmware No Boot Or Recovery *This gives you the updated firmware without replacing the kernel, recovery or the modem.
    MD5: 4105a320032edf6853f714b11176a095

Download Stock MF9 Firmware Complete Except For Modem *This gives you all of the stock firmware, including recovery and kernel, except the modem.
    MD5: b7ba1271c72ea86f49e2ebb7133cff79

Mirrors:
    Skydrive

Copy
    Installation Instructions:
    There are multiple methods of installation. This is just one that I would recommend.
    1. Install custom recovery (If you don't already have one)
    2. Make a backup
    3. Odin noobnl's tar from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43418277 (Make sure you follow the instructions)
    4. Install stock MF9 kernel
    5. Install the rom zip of your choice

Odin Files:
    I now have the Rom in Odin flashable tar files. They are compressed in rar format so you will need to decompress them before you flash with Odin. Also note that these include the stock kernel and recovery. If you don't want those installed you must delete them out of the tar file before flashing it. Otherwise just install it and replace the kernel and/or recovery with whatever you want.

Installing Custom Recovery
    How To Use Odin

How To Use ADB To Install A Custom Recovery

Custom Recovery Method
    How To Install A Zip With CWM

How To Install A Zip With TWRP
    One more for good measure
    I now have the Rom in Odin flashable tar files. They are compressed in rar format so you will need to decompress them before you flash with Odin. Also note that these include the stock kernel and recovery. If you don't want those installed you must delete them out of the tar file before flashing it. Otherwise just install it and replace the kernel and/or recovery with whatever you want.
    OK I finally gave up and went to bed last night. Deodexed is done and posted in the OP now.