GSM ONLY mode not registered.

Search This thread

OnlinerUserBD

Nov 23, 2013
I hava GT-I9190 S4 mini, UAE, here in Bangladesh only 2G mode works. failed to enable only wcdma mode! :(
is that SPT will work and fix my 3g problem, I mean, emergency call ony/no service problem.. please give some suggestion.. thanks

ninel2016

Nov 1, 2016
thank you w3by88 tou are the best
I do not know who told you about this problem and how you find to fix this issue but for me works very well sorry for my english ,i tray many solution but your solution is the best and its work i-ma from romania and i tray to fix taht to mobile service and she sayd I do not know if I can solve this you must to give me the phone and return afert that in a week

emurus

Sep 23, 2012
Please advise as my PC can't detect Note3 USB port even after installing the needed drivers

Just run SPT as administrator. I had the same issue :)

----------------

ok guys please tell, why it needs to repair as 900w8 ? I skipped that and it works fine
Also SPT chose port3 automatically and it was righht port. highest port was wrong.

Anyways works great. I can make video with entire process of this. Anyone needs it?

funkydunky1

Jan 9, 2011
Just had success here with a N9005. Took a few attempts.

1) First try with root - didnt work.
2) Second try after flashing stock lollypop rom, no root, set to N9005 - didnt work
3) Third try ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ N900W8 - success!!

Stubbornness paid off in the end :D! Cheers fellas ;)

bossda

Nov 1, 2017
I have same problem in my redmi 4x-santoni. But IMEI same as hardware.
Last month it's working fine, but after installation of Q based custom ROM 3g only mode works, GSM only mode failed to register the network.

Also GSM/WCDMA AUTO modes switch automatically according to signal strength. That network band switching and reconnect the signal have error.
1. Error in miui ROM restart the system processes, so another sim network also restart and entire system soft restarts like UI restart
2. Error in custom ROMs goes to black screen, unable to wake it. Force restart by power button only help to use the device .

I tried following methods:
installed latest firmware,
Restored persist and efs, modem partitions
Used another SIM card-same problem
Tried jio 4g both slots -working fine

Switching WCDMA Based bands- connect to signal immediately but weak signal or band changes make error, some times GSM mode (received good signal) changed in auto mode

Switching GSM only mode after receiving singal from auto mode- it's working good

Finally I need to fix GSM only mode, kindly help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed ...

I fixed My SM-N9005 using SPT box and i have 2G/GSM working again :D:D
    it has been unlocked using super imei with the SPT Box to work outside Europe
    unfortunately there was a bug in the 2G/GSM network

they fixed it now ..
    so all you have to do is find any mobile repair shop near you that has the SPT Box
    connect your N9005 to the Box using USB in ( dm+modem+adb ) mode by dialing *#0808# in Samsung's Dialer ..
    Choose N900w8 from the list then click Repair 3G Network ( this will Fix the 2G network )
    then choose N9005 again and press repair 3G network again ( this will reFix the 3G network with 2G working too )

this will not restore the original IMEI - S/N but the phone will be fully functioning :)
    i cant find any mobile shop using spt box but they are using infinity box can i use infinity box instead of spt box plzzz help meee

i have a samsung note 3 SM-N9005 which i bought from hong kong. the issue is that it was working only on 3G, no 2G or LTE. was showing emergency calls only if i selected anything else than wcdma only in the mobile network
    so i tried everything i could to fix it but without luck, until today
    follow these steps and will work(mention: my note 3 is rooted)
    1. go to keyboard inside Phone and dial *#0808#
    2. select DM + MODEM + ADB and press OK
    3. download SPT : seach on google "samsung professional tools ver 19.5.7" and click first link(password is Nokia.Firmware)
    4. put SPT install folder into exclusions inside the antivirus as it may block your repair
    5. open SPT, select Model SM-N900W8, select highest Port (eg: i had COM4 and COM5, so i selected COM5. if you don't see nothing just rescan or else go back to step 1)
    6. click Repair 3G Network in Service Tools tab and wait to finish
    7. select Model SM-N9005(your phone), reselect highest Port(COM5 for me) and click Repair 3G Network and wait to finish
    8. reboot the phone
    it worked like a charm for me and i hope for you also
    Greetings guys...
    I just got a note 3 SM-N9005 as a gift from my relative in Netherlands. Problem is gsm only mode never worked, if I changed it to gsm only it just shows emergency call only. WCDMA and LTE works just fine, just gsm only not registered.
    As I traveled a lot to an area with poor connection or with just 2g only available, the phone try to change to gsm mode but it never get registered, just showing emergency call only.
    I already roit and flashed it with my country 4.4.2 malaysia firmware and factory reset it numerous times, but the problem still not fix.
    Anyone can help me, please...

What is your effective CSC? (as shown by CSC Select or some other similar program).

You might still need to root and install RegionLockAway.
    Yes plz do make a video if u can it'll be a grate help to me and others :)

Here it is. Also there is a solution with crackling mic sound and slo-mo quality

Greetings guys...
    I just got a note 3 SM-N9005 as a gift from my relative in Netherlands. Problem is gsm only mode never worked, if I changed it to gsm only it just shows emergency call only. WCDMA and LTE works just fine, just gsm only not registered.
    As I traveled a lot to an area with poor connection or with just 2g only available, the phone try to change to gsm mode but it never get registered, just showing emergency call only.
    I already roit and flashed it with my country 4.4.2 malaysia firmware and factory reset it numerous times, but the problem still not fix.
    Anyone can help me, please...