[Q] 64gb Micro SD Write Protected/Read-Only After Flashing a Rom [Please Help!]

Search This thread

kevin95

Mar 24, 2011
I have a M919V Galaxy S4 which is compatible with both the i9505 roms and M919 (TMO) roms. I was on a i9505 TW rom and I decided to download a rom from the TMO section. When moving from a i9505 rom to a M919 rom, I had to flash the recovery corresponding to the model. So I downloaded the T-Mobile version of Philz Recovery, but I got a status 7 error. Then I downloaded the md5 version and flashed it via odin 3.07. It was successful. After flashing the recovery, I flashed Beanstalk rom for the t-mobile variant. Everything went fine until I tried to make a nandroid of my current setup for Beanstalk. I kept getting errors. When I plug my phone in (with my sd card), and try to add or delete something, it says "remove write protection and try again". So I tried connecting my sd card to my sd card adapter. When I delete files from my adapter, the error message doesn't show up. BUT... after disconnecting and reconnecting it again, the files are back where they were. I tried reformatting it but nothing happens. It seems like my sd card is only read as write protected when connected to my phone but it has no idea which state it's in when connected to the sd card adapter.

I don't know if the problem started with odin or when I flashed the rom but can anyone please tell me what's going on with my sd card?

abraxaz120

Dec 9, 2010
Beijing
I had the same read-only error before, but it was fixed after running "scan disk" from windows, but since you mentioned that the files are back even after you delete them, I'm afraid that your card might be damaged. Try to look for a tool named HP USB format tool, or something like that, if after formatting it with that tool it still shows the same behavior, it will be most likely that it is damaged.