[UPDATED][rom] gingerbread for droid

Search This thread

Naked Sam

Oct 20, 2010
Nashvegas
Hey, Im using steinman's gingerbread rom (the one with gapps) which, from my understanding, is basically just this one with gapps. So its worked fine and everything runs flawlessly but all the sudden my market wont work. It worked fine for a while but just a lil bit ago it crapped out on me. Itll open fine and I can search for apps and whatnot, but if I select to download an app it will just bring up the download icon in the notfication bar for a second and disappear. AND every now and then Ill get a funky 'Unable to sign into Google Talk' error. You wouldnt happen to have any words o' wisdom, woud you?

Tubra

Oct 5, 2009
Works well with LFY-1200-1225MHz kernals combined with SetCPU tweaking. Had a boot issue with the 1250MHz kernal but I believe it was attributed to a bad moto charger causing havoc. Will Try again. Scored a 1500+ with Quadrant Standard.

android. markjohnston.us/DL/LFY/KERNELS/

A2Aegis

Feb 17, 2011
This is just a nitpick thing, but in the Gingerbread ROM I tried (GPA12), there is a slight pause before the Droid wakes up after hitting the power button. Does this happen in all of the current GB ROMs, or just this one?

Z

Zephandos

This is just a nitpick thing, but in the Gingerbread ROM I tried (GPA12), there is a slight pause before the Droid wakes up after hitting the power button. Does this happen in all of the current GB ROMs, or just this one?

flashing a faster kernel will remedy this. i recommend raidzero's 1000mhz lv kernel: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/raidzero/124467-kernels-low-voltage-2-6-32-9-a.html

also, set the min sample rate to -1 and the governor to interactive (raidzero's kernel defaults to interactive anyway, but if you've got an app to control cpu settings, make sure it "agrees" with it by making sure to run it on interactive. that should fix you right up! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this have OpenGL ES 2.0 ZIP 3D ON THIS ROM?

It works! This is fun, currently playing with this ROM paired with P3Droids lv250 1200mhz kernel. Runs extremely well all things considered.

Aside from the the bugs mentioned the only other issues I've found are
    - Two seemingly identical stock gallery and email programs installed. Neither of which can be uninstalled via app manager.
    - My computer does not see the phone when plugged in via USB and phone does not ask to connect to computer. I have not done anything with ADB yet.
    - The phone will auto rotate horizontal when the keyboard is opened but will not rotate back when closed in some applications.

Ill post/edit if something new comes up

Hi there. I'm the guy that put this little thing together. :) I did not build this myself/from source. I just happened to take a few things that were working on various builds and glue them together. It does play 3D games and what not, but since the accelerometer does not work, it doesn't really do a whole lot of good. I'm not sure exactly what OPENGL version it has, or how to check it, but if you point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can figure it out for you. (Found this in the Build.prop: # The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
    # This is a 16.16 fixed point number
    ro.opengles.version = 131072)

As far as the issues, they have been well documented in the original thread on DroidForums. Just to break them down for you though...

Broken:
    1)GPS (which also causes browser and any other location finder service associated apps to close when attempting to locate.) You can use a different browser, or set home page to something other than Google.
    2)Accelerometer. I'm assuming it is because there are some new sensors included in Gingerbread. I thought it might have something to do with the akmd file, but I've tried a few different ones with no luck...
    3)USB Storage. This is an easy fix with an app in the Market place called Multi Mount SD. They have a free and paid version. Dual Mount also works. These are widgets and must be used as such.

As far as the "duplicate" apps, they are different versions of the same app and are easily removed with Titanium Backup.

Most likely, this is not your every day rom. I have been using it, because it's fun to run something you had a hand in making, but it's not considered stable. With that being said, it's the easiest to use rom that we have available and no other Motorola phones really have anything else better, so enjoy what we have. ;)

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas / Insert whatever gives you warm and fuzzy feelings here.

PS. I am not a dev, so really can't trouble shoot anything too effectively. I've been trying different things to fix the issues, but have not had much luck. I was hoping some devs on DF would pick up on the interest in this project and be able to figure it out, but not much luck so far.

PSS. Definitely suggest flashing another kernel once you set the original rom up and do a nandroid. A lot of the 2.2 kernels work. I've had the most luck with Slayher interactive ones. Try a 1200 one. It's pretty quick...
    Sent from my Droid using XDA App