223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 07:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2013, 01:57 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Finally works!!!!
Finally the tutorial of AL-d82 works, but i changed permissions after copying the vending to system/apps.
ES Manager has not changed the permissions, i used Root Browser.
Thanks Man!!!!
8th April 2013, 12:54 AM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeresia

Finally the tutorial of AL-d82 works, but i changed permissions after copying the vending to system/apps.
ES Manager has not changed the permissions, i used Root Browser.
Thanks Man!!!!

This worked perfectly for me as well. I was able to download and install my purchased apps.
8th April 2013, 03:58 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdoggie

This worked perfectly for me as well. I was able to download and install my purchased apps.

I cant download any of my purchased apps, they all show as not compatible work this device, curious how you were able to accomplish that, I can only sideload apps and update those.
8th April 2013, 05:38 AM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Got the Play Store working, downloaded a few apps, etc. Replaced my vehicle's battery, Play Store no longer showing up in the apps drawer. Using Root Explorer dug down to the system/app folder and Vending.apk was still there, permissions unchanged from before. Going to reinstall the software, but still... confused.

Has anyone else had this occur?

Sidebar:
XDA needs a forum dedicated to this device.
Any music players available for Android that can access an iPod? Default app is mediocre at best.
8th April 2013, 01:50 PM |#155  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakk

I cant download any of my purchased apps, they all show as not compatible work this device, curious how you were able to accomplish that, I can only sideload apps and update those.

I didn't download *all* of my purchased apps, as I know many of them have special requirements. The ones I did download worked OK, I did not do anything special?

I did not use ADB at all, just used Root Explorer to copy the APKs from the SD card to /system/app and change the permissions. I also did not attempt to install any of the APKs that were copied into /system/app, just reboot and let Android find them.

I did not install the newer "Play Store" apk - I just copied the Framework and Vending APKs and rebooted via reset button.

After reboot, I ran the old "Android Market" app and input my gmail account info. Then went to "My Apps" inside the Android Market app and clicked on an item that was displayed as "Purchased" and installed it.
8th April 2013, 01:51 PM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbarb

Got the Play Store working, downloaded a few apps, etc. Replaced my vehicle's battery, Play Store no longer showing up in the apps drawer. Using Root Explorer dug down to the system/app folder and Vending.apk was still there, permissions unchanged from before. Going to reinstall the software, but still... confused.

Has anyone else had this occur?

Sidebar:
XDA needs a forum dedicated to this device.
Any music players available for Android that can access an iPod? Default app is mediocre at best.

Before you have to copy the vending to system/app, after with root browser change permission " Owner read write excute" Groups and Others only read.
Bye
8th April 2013, 07:45 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

I would probably try connecting V1 to the first resistive switch line, V2 to the second resistive switch line, Unika GND to the resistive GND and see if that works.

The first thing I did was try it this way (sorry, should have been more clear). The only way the UNIKA sees anything at all is when it's connected one-to-one like you mentioned above, but I only see half of the button presses this way. This is also only while switch #1 is up and all others are down. You're spot-on with it only seeing one resistance rail, only... I don't know why this is.

I actually tested it with my cheap-o multimeter and I can see my button presses on both rails all the way to the bent pins just before it reaches the actual board.

I read another in another forum somewhere that switch #1 on enables V1 and switch #2 on enables V2, so I tried it that way. Nothing.

Switch #1 up, all others down and: Combine Ground/V2 - nothing. Combine Ground/V1 - nothing. Combine V1/V2 (for SnG's) and leave Ground separate - nothing.

So... I emailed Paser again with the schematics/pics I posted last time, and they got back to me this morning - told me to try V1 and AUX 1, with only switch #1 on. I'll try that tomorrow and post results.

Thanks for all your input though. It helps that at least someone out there has been able to get this working in resistive mode. I'm gonna get this damn thing figured out eventually

Out of curiosity, what DIP switch setting are you using?
8th April 2013, 07:58 PM |#158  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger355

The first thing I did was try it this way (sorry, should have been more clear). The only way the UNIKA sees anything at all is when it's connected one-to-one like you mentioned above, but I only see half of the button presses this way. This is also only while switch #1 is up and all others are down. You're spot-on with it only seeing one resistance rail, only... I don't know why this is.

I actually tested it with my cheap-o multimeter and I can see my button presses on both rails all the way to the bent pins just before it reaches the actual board.

I read another in another forum somewhere that switch #1 on enables V1 and switch #2 on enables V2, so I tried it that way. Nothing.

Switch #1 up, all others down and: Combine Ground/V2 - nothing. Combine Ground/V1 - nothing. Combine V1/V2 (for SnG's) and leave Ground separate - nothing.

So... I emailed Paser again with the schematics/pics I posted last time, and they got back to me this morning - told me to try V1 and AUX 1, with only switch #1 on. I'll try that tomorrow and post results.

Thanks for all your input though. It helps that at least someone out there has been able to get this working in resistive mode. I'm gonna get this damn thing figured out eventually

I am fairly certain I used the DIP switch settings for non-OEM radios (sw1 ON, others OFF).

Hopefully Paser will get you headed the right direction - I remember reading that the AUX lines were for additional resistance lines, but never saw any documentation that indicated how to wire them up.

I had seen someone, somewhere (I can't remember if it was on here, the Parrot official forums, or the Parrot dev forums), mention having a better/more complete manual from "an Italian company that makes the Unika", which I assume to be Paser. Have you seen such a manual? I've searched and been unable to find such a thing.
10th April 2013, 03:03 AM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Easier way to reboot: install a power widget. I used Power Toggles and when I hit the reset toggle on the widget, I get a sweet "Your phone will reboot" with Cancel and Yes options.
10th April 2013, 04:28 AM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Talking Success!
Quote:

... I emailed Paser again with the schematics/pics I posted last time, and they got back to me this morning - told me to try V1 and AUX 1, with only switch #1 on. I'll try that tomorrow and post results.

Quote:

I am fairly certain I used the DIP switch settings for non-OEM radios (sw1 ON, others OFF).

Hopefully Paser will get you headed the right direction - I remember reading that the AUX lines were for additional resistance lines, but never saw any documentation that indicated how to wire them up.

I had seen someone, somewhere (I can't remember if it was on here, the Parrot official forums, or the Parrot dev forums), mention having a better/more complete manual from "an Italian company that makes the Unika", which I assume to be Paser. Have you seen such a manual? I've searched and been unable to find such a thing.

So I hooked it up like Paser said, and it worked

For anyone else who searches for this:
Pathfinder > UNIKA
GND > GND
Down > V1
Up > AUX1
DIP Switch Setting: #1 Up; #'s 2, 3 & 4 Down

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that same post about the manual this past weekend. I tried retracing my steps earlier today with no luck. I'll look in my google search history later this week and see if I can find anything. But fwiw, I do remember looking at the manual that (s)he mentioned, and unfortunately it was par for the course from what I can remember and didn't help much at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Nissan Pathfinder Steering Wheel Audio Control Schematic UNIKA.png
Views:	433
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1871563   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Nissan Pathfinder Steering Wheel Audio Control Schematic.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1871564  
The Following User Says Thank You to danger355 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danger355 Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 04:59 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

So I hooked it up like Paser said, and it worked

For anyone else who searches for this:
UNIKA > Pathfinder
GND > GND
V1 > DOWN
AUX > UP
DIP Switch Setting: #1 Up; #'s 2, 3 & 4 Down

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that same post about the manual this past weekend. I tried retracing my steps earlier today with no luck. I'll look in my google search history later this week and see if I can find anything. But fwiw, I do remember looking at the manual that (s)he mentioned, and unfortunately it was par for the course from what I can remember and didn't help much at all.

Thanks for the persistence and the update, I have a 06 murano our steering wheels look identical so im going to take the plunge an order my Unika now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)