Thanks Meter: 34

By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 07:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th January 2014, 07:54 PM |#1651  
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 21

More
How to update UNIKA to version 36.
1. Download Firmware from paser.it - http://www.paser.it/down.php?download_id=638
2. Rename the file to Unika_36.fwp
3. Re-mount /system as R/W.
4. Copy the file to the folder system/PaserFirmware/
5. Delete the old file Unika_29.fwp
6. Go to the menu "Steering Wheel Control" under the Settings.
7. Turn on the advanced settings, click on the stripes to the left and choose the advanced settings from the top, the bottom line appear "update UNIKA"
8. Disable control with steering.
9. Run the update.

Wait until the update process is completed, then the reboot device, re-activate support Steering wheel control and use.

USE ON YOUR OWN RISK (This info is from Russian Forum 4PDA.ru)
The Following User Says Thank You to arshavir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arshavir Ad-Free
29th January 2014, 08:21 PM |#1652  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavir

1. Download Firmware from paser.it - http://www.paser.it/down.php?download_id=638
3. Copy the file to the folder system/PaserFirmware/
4. Delete the old file Unika_29.fwp
5. Go to the menu "Steering Wheel Control" under the Settings.
6. Turn on the advanced settings, click on the stripes to the left and choose the advanced settings from the top, the bottom line appear "update UNIKA"
7. Disable control with steering.
8. Run the update.

Wait until the update process is completed, then the reboot device, re-activate support Steering wheel control and use.

Thanks, though you might consider adding a line between two and three to remount the system as read-write. As it is not always obvious, and will have people asking why they get errors when trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
30th January 2014, 04:54 AM |#1653  
Flag McPherson, Ks
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hello!

I have recently encountered a problem my Asteroid Smart. As of yesterday, the unit turns on just fine as always, and maintains the time, but the screen has become unresponsive to touch. Any ideas? As it is now, it is relatively useless.

Any help is greatly appreciate, Thanks!

-James
30th January 2014, 01:51 PM |#1654  
Hamburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavir

3. Re-mount /system as R/W.
4. Copy the file to the folder system/PaserFirmware/
5. Delete the old file Unika_29.fwp
6. Go to the menu "Steering Wheel Control" under the Settings.
7. Turn on the advanced settings, click on the stripes to the left and choose the advanced settings from the top, the bottom line appear "update UNIKA"
8. Disable control with steering.
9. Run the update.

What is the benefit of the new version? I believe I need to reprogram the resistive codes after the update.
30th January 2014, 04:20 PM |#1655  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusakatkm

I have recently encountered a problem my Asteroid Smart. As of yesterday, the unit turns on just fine as always, and maintains the time, but the screen has become unresponsive to touch. Any ideas? As it is now, it is relatively useless.

Just reboot it. Sometimes this happens when /system/xbin/ck5050 file isn't started. If you don't have an external keyboard connected then you can use the pinhole reset next to the SD Card slot behind the "security key".

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

What is the benefit of the new version?

Take a look at my post, "How to apply the new Unika "Hybrid" update?", on the Parrot forums.
30th January 2014, 06:55 PM |#1656  
Flag McPherson, Ks

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Just reboot it. Sometimes this happens when /system/xbin/ck5050 file isn't started. If you don't have an external keyboard connected then you can use the pinhole reset next to the SD Card slot behind the "security key".

I have rebooted it several times actually, and used the pinhole reset button with no luck. I went as far as to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes also.
30th January 2014, 07:08 PM |#1657  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have rebooted it several times actually, and used the pinhole reset button with no luck. I went as far as to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes also.

You might have corrupted the ROM. Try using the most current firmware image with a brutal factory reset as described earlier in this thread.
30th January 2014, 11:34 PM |#1658  
Flag McPherson, Ks

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

You might have corrupted the ROM. Try using the most current firmware image with a brutal factory reset as described earlier in this thread.

After much trial and error, it seems the touchscreen has died.
30th January 2014, 11:37 PM |#1659  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After much trial and error, it seems the touchscreen has died.

That's too bad. Contact Parrot technical support via phone or email to arrange a replacement.
31st January 2014, 08:47 AM |#1660  
Flag So. Cal.
Thanks Meter: 2

More
1. I installed Kii keyboard, but the Japanese keyboard stays as the default, even after making the Kii Keyboard the default. How can I make the Kii keyboard the default?

2. When using Waze and it's up onscreen, and I press the volume on the bottom-left corner, the volume slider does not come up. It only comes up if Waze is not showing on screen. How do I solve that issue?

3. Newest firmware v2.1.5 made my unit unstable: Unit was unstable on 2.1.1. with random re-boots and unstable start-ups. Upgraded to 2.1.2 and it ran 95% perfectly. Upgraded to 2.1.5 (skipped 2.1.4) and it's not as unstable as 2.1.1, but it still has problems at startup or resume. Sometimes at startup it will display Parrot Asteroid 3 times before getting to the desktop screen with icons. Sometimes when resuming within 5 minutes after the ignition has been turned off the unit doesn't resume but reboots completely. Suggestions?
31st January 2014, 09:11 AM |#1661  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjett

1. I installed Kii keyboard, but the Japanese keyboard stays as the default, even after making the Kii Keyboard the default. How can I make the Kii keyboard the default?

I got annoyed with the Asian keyboards, so I just deleted OpenWnn.apk and PinyinIME.apk from /system/app directory. Although, in retrospect I probably could have disabled them by using "pm disable {package.name}".

Quote:

2. When using Waze and it's up onscreen, and I press the volume on the bottom-left corner, the volume slider does not come up. It only comes up if Waze is not showing on screen. How do I solve that issue?

Close Waze. It has an OnKey listener that is preventing the volume dialog box from showing up.

Quote:

3. Newest firmware v2.1.5 made my unit unstable: Unit was unstable on 2.1.1. with random re-boots and unstable start-ups. Upgraded to 2.1.2 and it ran 95% perfectly. Upgraded to 2.1.5 (skipped 2.1.4) and it's not as unstable as 2.1.1, but it still has problems at startup or resume. Sometimes at startup it will display Parrot Asteroid 3 times before getting to the desktop screen with icons. Sometimes when resuming within 5 minutes after the ignition has been turned off the unit doesn't resume but reboots completely. Suggestions?

It never happens if you perform a factory reset and do not install any extra programs. So, I find this is a problem occurs with certain apps installed. The only way to troubleshoot it is by connecting your computer to the microUSB port in the back and using the Android Developer Kit to monitor the logcat messages while booting. Then you can address the issue on a per application basis but usually its cause by an third-party APK that fails to be responsive during the boot process while Android catalogs the APKs installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)