FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(car audio) Parrot ASTEROID Smart

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 07:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2019, 07:58 PM |#2931  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThibautA

Hi,
I have a weird problem: my voice recognition seems to have gone totally off. It use to work perfectly but now it’s an absolute mess and picks up random people from the address book.
Is there any fix ?

Have you got the Asteroid Tweaker installed? You can download a copy at www.fab-uleux.com

One of the functions is "Reset Voice Recognition Database". From the developer's help page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab-uleux

Destroy Voice Recognition database
This feature allow you to destroy voice recognition database of the Asteroid.
This can be useful when the voicerecognition is not working anymore.
It's avoiding you to reset factory setting your product.

Once used, the product will reboot

18th July 2019, 08:21 PM |#2932  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yes I have tweaker
Will use the function and hopefully will work again
Many thanks !
30th August 2019, 12:09 AM |#2933  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hello please i4ve installed a parrot asteroid radio on my car i have two problems i want to nstall google maps on it how can i do
the second problem my rear camera does not work automatically i have to click on icone each time i want to use it i tried to coche automaticaly activation but the same problem
9th September 2019, 10:47 AM |#2934  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I had a problem with the rear camera. It seemed that as i added more apps to launch automatically, the rear view camera wasn’t running. Hence, it disnt give the rear view when engagjng reverse.
I ensured rear cam app was loaded at startup and solved the problem

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Hello to all,

All was good for a few months but overnight my waze has developped a problem. Parrot would launch it and it would crash right away. I get the waze logo for a second then crash.
The parrot isnt jailbreaked and everything is standard.
What can I do ?
I have deleted some apps and restarted the device but still same problem.
I have read somewhere I need to clear the cache but can’t find the way to do this.
Please help !
17th September 2019, 12:20 AM |#2935  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
HI folks.

@ThibautA . I have the same problem. I think it is because parrot stopped supporting the asteroid software. Even more, now I can't log in to the app market.
Now I want to find a way to upload the android version to the last one. I know that I will have to consider if the hardware can handle it and if the programming is easy for me who only programmed in the university 10 years ago.

Does anyone find out a solution for this old parrot? or maybe know how to help me to update the android version?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThibautA

Hello to all,

All was good for a few months but overnight my waze has developped a problem. Parrot would launch it and it would crash right away. I get the waze logo for a second then crash.
The parrot isnt jailbreaked and everything is standard.
What can I do ?
I have deleted some apps and restarted the device but still same problem.
I have read somewhere I need to clear the cache but can’t find the way to do this.
Please help !

17th September 2019, 04:19 AM |#2936  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
I think the main problem people would have today, is that Google deprecated the "Gingerbread" version of Android that our Asteroid Smart uses, in Google Play Services version 10.2.0.

The final version of Google Play Services that would work on a (rooted) Asteroid Smart would be version 10.0.1, from November 2016.

https://developers.google.com/androi..._-_version_102

So pretty much zero Android apps newer than February 2017 will be compatible. I expect that would hold true for Waze, and for Google Maps, and for the Google Playstore itself (ie. the current version of the old "Android Market" which was recommended to be installed in the rooting instructions earlier in this thread, and also archived at http://asteroid.doisara.com/rooting-...android-market )

We have two Asteroid Smarts in our family (oh joy!), both of them rooted. For navigation software, one runs TomTom ver. 1.3 that we bought years ago from the Asteroid Market (subsequently withdrawn for sale by Parrot), and one runs "Offline Maps" ver 1.1.19 for Android, with the .apk side loaded into the Asteroid Smart.

You can still find the .apk for Offline Maps around, but once you get it installed I don't know whether it will still download local maps because of the Google Play Services problem. Also, I believe the maps for this old app were taken from OpenStreetMap in 2015, but they were then coded in a proprietary format for the app that uses .bmd and .bmi files for the maps. So if you can't get the app to download the .bmd file, then you are kind of stuck unless you know someone already using the app who will share copies of the .bmd and .bmi files for the areas that you want to use. The newer versions of this app require the newer versions of Google Play Services that deprecate Gingerbread, so you're kind of stuck on that front too. But if you do try Offline Maps, please post back whether you were able to get any local maps downloaded.

Pretty sure the Asteroid Smart has a locked bootloader, so there is no realistic possibility of updating the operating system to a newer version of Android.

If this all really bugs you, there are other options now that didn't really exist back in 2013 when the Asteroid Smart was first around. There's a forum here at XDA devoted to it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...oid-head-units

I'm probably sticking with the Parrot for a while yet. It mostly still does what I bought it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoannsave

HI folks.

@ThibautA . I have the same problem. I think it is because parrot stopped supporting the asteroid software. Even more, now I can't log in to the app market.
Now I want to find a way to upload the android version to the last one. I know that I will have to consider if the hardware can handle it and if the programming is easy for me who only programmed in the university 10 years ago.

Does anyone find out a solution for this old parrot? or maybe know how to help me to update the android version?

Thanks,

30th October 2019, 10:27 PM |#2937  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi.I have big problem.I know,asteroid not have support (Parrot asteroid market not work) but im looking for all parrot asteroid apps.I have some but in .ppk….Many thanks 4 help.
4th November 2019, 01:01 PM |#2938  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello everyone.
I've searched web for ages and searched the entire thread but didn't find the answer for my question.
I'm talking about Parrot Asteroid double bluetooth mode - it is a mode when you can pair 2 devices to your Parrot Asteroid Smart (PAS).
It works in theory but when it comes to practice I see huge lags. What I did is:
- Connected my Defi Smart Adapter W (a bluetooth device that gathers info from sensors and shows it on the screen of your android headunit using a special app called Defi Meter C)
- Connected my iPhone to stream music

After doing it, Defi app stopped working correctly. It slowed down and became laggy as hell.
Music stream was constantly interrupted.

I need those sensors as I run a highly modified car and of course I need music!

Anyone tried the same setup?
Anyone tried connecting external Bluetooth?
I just need this two features work on my PAS correctly..

Hope anybody has the answer. Thanks in advance!
26th November 2019, 06:14 AM |#2939  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i found an old gps app that seems to work on the parrot asteroid
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_imagination

I think the main problem people would have today, is that Google deprecated the "Gingerbread" version of Android that our Asteroid Smart uses, in Google Play Services version 10.2.0.

The final version of Google Play Services that would work on a (rooted) Asteroid Smart would be version 10.0.1, from November 2016.

https://developers.google.com/androi..._-_version_102

So pretty much zero Android apps newer than February 2017 will be compatible. I expect that would hold true for Waze, and for Google Maps, and for the Google Playstore itself (ie. the current version of the old "Android Market" which was recommended to be installed in the rooting instructions earlier in this thread, and also archived at http://asteroid.doisara.com/rooting-...android-market )

We have two Asteroid Smarts in our family (oh joy!), both of them rooted. For navigation software, one runs TomTom ver. 1.3 that we bought years ago from the Asteroid Market (subsequently withdrawn for sale by Parrot), and one runs "Offline Maps" ver 1.1.19 for Android, with the .apk side loaded into the Asteroid Smart.

You can still find the .apk for Offline Maps around, but once you get it installed I don't know whether it will still download local maps because of the Google Play Services problem. Also, I believe the maps for this old app were taken from OpenStreetMap in 2015, but they were then coded in a proprietary format for the app that uses .bmd and .bmi files for the maps. So if you can't get the app to download the .bmd file, then you are kind of stuck unless you know someone already using the app who will share copies of the .bmd and .bmi files for the areas that you want to use. The newer versions of this app require the newer versions of Google Play Services that deprecate Gingerbread, so you're kind of stuck on that front too. But if you do try Offline Maps, please post back whether you were able to get any local maps downloaded.

Pretty sure the Asteroid Smart has a locked bootloader, so there is no realistic possibility of updating the operating system to a newer version of Android.

If this all really bugs you, there are other options now that didn't really exist back in 2013 when the Asteroid Smart was first around. There's a forum here at XDA devoted to it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...oid-head-units

I'm probably sticking with the Parrot for a while yet. It mostly still does what I bought it for.

I just found this old copy of the map factor app that seems to work on the parrot asteroid still.
It looks a bit dated but it let me download free maps and sounds from other peers.
Navigation and POI seemed to work too.

https://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content...2ThdOf4GLdc%3D
26th November 2019, 06:18 AM |#2940  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks. Waze is still working on mine.
26th November 2019, 08:15 AM |#2941  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav_za

Thanks. Waze is still working on mine.

really? mine broke a while back when youtube broke
what version of waze do you have?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes