[Q] Help please - no sound through ear piece, only speakerphone

Search This thread

Swarms

Feb 24, 2011
There are many threads like this but I didn't see any for this specific phone, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I originally had a DNA that was dropped, so I bought an LCD+Digitizer and replaced the screen. Afterwards the screen worked great, but I noticed that I could no longer hear through the earpiece. Speakerphone still worked, but headphones and the ear speaker was blank. I dealt with it for a while, but it eventually became too much so I bought a new phone on ebay.

This phone wasn't factory new, but it still had the original screen cover, no scuffs or scratches, and it was listed as New -

BUT - I'm having the same audio problem. I find it hard to believe that this phone is having the exact same issue, so I'm wondering if it's software related or something on the account? Verizon says it's not them, and I have done a factory reset on the phone and it didn't help, so it's not like settings have transferred over from my old phone. I also got a new SIM since then so I don't think it could be there.

Did I really buy another phone that's having the exact same problem? Does anyone have a fix or ideas for this? I'm on the latest kitkat update.

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Sounds like a hardware issue. Maybe the previous owner did the same thing as you or blew it out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app