Theme-Porter [v1.0] [Any Firmware / Rom Compatible] [WINDOWS]

Do you find the latest beta functional ?

• Yes

Votes: 158 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 52 21.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

socalsfinest93

May 1, 2010
when porting konikubs sapphire theme which is for the htc evo to ZenRom on htc hero cdma the frameworks still seem to be too big like the menu, pop up boxes, check boxes, etc...and yes i turned on hdpi to mdpi

santacruzdz

Sep 19, 2008
Do you think it is possible to port the darkedge theme to a sense rom htc desire ? it has been already made on the cyanogen 5.0.6 on htc desire.the thing with darkedge theme, is that that everything has been themed..the xml too, so that all backgrounds are black and text white..please let me know if you have an idea or could bring help..if you can do that, a good donation will follorw :)

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
Do you think it is possible to port the darkedge theme to a sense rom htc desire ? it has been already made on the cyanogen 5.0.6 on htc desire.the thing with darkedge theme, is that that everything has been themed..the xml too, so that all backgrounds are black and text white..please let me know if you have an idea or could bring help..if you can do that, a good donation will follorw :)

Hey,

Xml's are not ported with this script (only pngs/.9pngs).

As for porting a aosp rom to sense rom, well certain aspects will work, some won't. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot though. For xml's, you can always manually bring em over and see if it works ;)

migueltherocker

Jun 19, 2010
Miami
The system could not find the path specified
ADWlauncher
7za is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

I'm using Windows XP in a vm. Is Windows 7/vista required?

workshed

Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
so help me out here... tried this today, had all the right apk's in all the right places.. when I run the .bat, it just removes all the images completely, gone! Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? lol

Last edited:

workshed

Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
nevermind, found the beta 2... I used the one on the op page. Really should think about updating that puppy with a link to the latest ;)

thanks for the work, going to see what happens here...

workshed

Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
Ok, still need some help here. Everything ran this time with beta 2, but it isn't theming framework-res.apk as far as I can tell. All I could get was 3 apps themed, and not fully either. Trying to take a lithium Pink life theme and port it to froyo 2.2 for my wife... which option should I choose? Pink life was made for FRG01B, I'm porting to the Eris, so, different firmware... there's no option for that so I'm wondering, can anyone think of a workaround?

shanesol

Jul 23, 2010
limitlessdroid.com
I'm having some trouble here and was hoping for some help. I've downloaded the latest theme porter so i could port the Invertnito theme from sapphire to CM6 on my droid (you can download the theme from droid life). I've put the themed files into the "old" file spot and my CM6 files in the "new" folder, then run the script. I've adb pushed the files, turned them into an update.zip and flashed them, and tried to use root explorer to replace my old files, but nothing changes. I think I've read everything right, so what could be wrong?

workshed

Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
I'm having some trouble here and was hoping for some help. I've downloaded the latest theme porter so i could port the Invertnito theme from sapphire to CM6 on my droid (you can download the theme from droid life). I've put the themed files into the "old" file spot and my CM6 files in the "new" folder, then run the script. I've adb pushed the files, turned them into an update.zip and flashed them, and tried to use root explorer to replace my old files, but nothing changes. I think I've read everything right, so what could be wrong?

Well, it seems he might be working with someone for a .9.png resizing script type plugin, from what I can gather. The beta only resizes the .png's not the .9.png's , which have alot to do with the phones overall "look" (like the input buttons, dialer, facebook, gmail and so on) which is why you don't really see a change. That and you could be choosing the wrong option (if you don't have 4 options when you run the .bat, then you're using the old version, not beta 2) you can find beta 2 here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7522401&postcount=69

I dunno, a good dev pointed me to this so I could get a nice pink theme out there for the ladies so i was trying my best to get it to work for me.

Hope some of that info helps you. I'm still trying to find out more, because this is a freakin' incredibly great idea and very appreciated work.

Vonrottes

Nov 3, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
quick question
I pulled the /system/framework from CM6 and i also went into droidEris2G1 .zip and pulled out /data/framework
Will that even port over?

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
I'm trying to port the Droid x (Nonsense) theme from the Evo to Cm6 for the Sprint Hero. Any suggestions? I have not been able to port a theme from or to the Hero. I did port from 2.1 evo to 2.2 evo, but on the Hero, nothing.

All it says to everything is the System cannot find the file specified. I tried three different hero roms with and without themes and three different Evo Roms with and without themes and tried to port both ways with no luck.

Last edited:

bga7x

Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
omniarom.com

Just a Thought Why Not ask the Theme Dev to port it ;)

Bgill55

tekk44

Oct 14, 2010
ok,i was able to port r3d's black urban theme made for UD1.0.0 over to projectelite v.2,all looks good except it's using UD's boot animation.How can i change it to the one that came with pe2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres a script that ports your themes from firmware to firmware, rom to rom.

How it works:

- Looks through app/framework folder for apks that exist in new/old rom
    - Then extracts pngs from those apks
    - Then deletes mismatching pngs
    - Repacks old themes pngs into new rom
    - Done

Note: Benefit of this method is that you could literally port a donut theme to a froyo rom because it only copies images that exist in the new rom, and none that don't.

Betas are spread out through-out the thread (they provide a lot more features)

Instructions:

- Download zip
    - Extract zip
    - Place old framework/app in old folder (Rom that has the theme)
    - Place new framework/app in new folder (Rom u want to port it to)
    - Run batch script
    - The new folder is now themed

Requirements: Windows environment

Improvements:
    - Dependant on demand for this script.

NOTE: For now u can only transfer themes from 2.0+ to 2.0+ roms and pre 2.0 to pre 2.0 roms. Big reason is because of the mdpi folders whereas before there was only one. Will implement it as soon as possible.

Beta 3 Download -
    http://www.multiupload.com/62I7MXV620
    I found this elsewhere with a little help from Google. ^^
    Actually, the original mediafire file is still there (the animated download link) - it's just that mediafire changed their url format...

This works: http://www.mediafire.com/?d6n25tjqnksnk7t
    and download link is not working D:

>>Download Theme Porter 3 from here<<

Does this support HDPI or CM7 themes yet? Also, is this even still active?
    Theme Porter Support everything! All the ROMs!!!

For Example... it works if you have to "Port" a Theme/ROM for Nexus S to a Theme/ROM for Galaxy S or a Milestone!
    (attention when the former is hdpi and the latter is mdpi, use the function
    Toggle to hdpi-to-mdpi, but I don't know how this works)

The Porter works like Metamorph (but all happens on the PC, so out from the phone)!
    Metamorph works while the smartphone is active (OS is working)!
    With Metamorph I have problems if I try to modify frameork-res.apk, I suppose because OS are using it!
    So I use TP without problems!

Theme Porter extracts all the PNG of all the APKs in /OLD and compare them with all the PNG of all the APKs in /NEW!

If there are 2 PNG with the same name in the same place, Theme Porter takes the PNG in /NEW and replace it with the PNG in /OLD!

If the PNG exists only in /OLD, Theme Porter doesn't copy it in /NEW!

If the PNG exists only in /NEW, Theme Porter doesn't replace it (because there's nothing to replace)!

Doesn't matter if you use a Theme or Rom in update.zip, you need only the APKs!
    Indeed you only need the png in the apk!
    You can use (or make) a nameofapp.zip with inside only the folder /res/drawable/etc.... (or res/drawable-hdpi/pngfiles...etc...), then rename it in .apk and put it in OLD, and Theme Porter works just as well!! ;)

When I try to port, I keep getting: The system cannot find the file specified
    Address are too long!
    Rename Theme Porter folder in "TP" and put it in C/
    So you will have C/TP/new and C/TP/old, it works in this way! ;)

Here I posted a >Video Tutorial< in Italian!
    If you want... I can translate the slides in english! (Let me know...)
    But it's so easy that it is not necessary translate... ;)

How can i get that 'new rom'?
    because all i got just an apk from cm7 theme chooser..
    Thanks..

The Rom is a update.zip that contains (not only...) apks .... etc etc etc!
    The Theme is an update.zip that contains the Font, Bootanimation, and all the apks of the ROM (wich is based on) but with "themed" png!

The Theme.apk for theme chooser is different and it is only 1 apk that works like metamorph, but in different way because Theme Chooser doesn't replace physically the png in all the system.apk (all the apks of the ROM), but "tell" to the device that the png that are in the system apks are now in the Theme.apk (Theme for Theme Chooser)

You can learn to use Theme.apk for Theme Chooser from
    >>>HERE - [GUIDE] T-mobile theme engine for the faint at heart<<<

You could use Theme Porter (TP) between 2 apk for Theme Chooser, but this isn't the same of using TP between 2 ROM/Theme, because 2 apks for Theme Chooser could be very different!!!
    i need some help. i made some changes to the colors of some of the png's just in the drawable-mdpi folder in gomorrah's cm 6.1 theme and im trying to port the theme to jaybob's froyo2.2 DEC 17 BLACKMOD rom. i put gomorrah's framework in the old folder and jaybob's framework in the new folder, run the script, select 1, and it just says "The system cannot find the file specified." for both the apps and framework. heres a screenshot. thanks for any help.

79eac6434c0cb57a9d0f3aeb27ce7c065e37d69652df6f99b6bdcaf81bfa479d5g.jpg

I was having the same problem as you until I moved the folder containing the theme porter to "C:/themeporter". Any spaces will prevent the script from running.

May I suggest that the OP be amended to make this clear as I'm sure it will save a lot of similar posts / people's time?