[MOD] Getting tablet UI on CM9

Search This thread

WiKiDCLown

Jan 29, 2012
Yes I am getting a blue sleep problem now hope you can get this issue fixed easily an of for now I am just using a work around by freezing and restarting the service I don't call very much so its not so bad for me also I'd like to be able to add and/or remove toggle Widgets from the status bar for now I would settle for a manual way of setting this up like changing properties of a file but I would like to see in the end that it be integrated right into the settings or at least a app

Hit thanks if you found this useful
Sent from my ics+darkside multiboot mb860 using xda premium

backspacepc

May 25, 2008
Denham Springs
Yes I am getting a blue sleep problem now hope you can get this issue fixed easily an of for now I am just using a work around by freezing and restarting the service I don't call very much so its not so bad for me also I'd like to be able to add and/or remove toggle Widgets from the status bar for now I would settle for a manual way of setting this up like changing properties of a file but I would like to see in the end that it be integrated right into the settings or at least a app

Hit thanks if you found this useful
Sent from my ics+darkside multiboot mb860 using xda premium

Thanks, i'll look into the bluesleep issue when I get home, toggles are visible after you pull up the notification menu and tap the clock. Im working on getting it to automatically start tablet ui when cable is inserted, as soon as I get that finished, I'm going to start a new thread with just the mod, as well as a complete rom with linux built in.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Reactions: meztizo_kid

krazy_smokezalot

Sep 24, 2010
Washington DC
Since I saw some people wants tablet UI on mirroring or lapdock,

I made a file for Atrix's CM9 based on this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1467051

I didn't post a screenshot cause you can see it at link.

Every UI will change to that of tablet, and every app will act as tablet.

So here's the steps you have to do.

http://api2.ge.tt/0/81rFJED/0/blob/download

1. Download services.jar and overwrite it to /system/framework.
(Of course, need 644 permission.
If you are not sure, see other file's permission in folder.)

(This file is based on alpha 7)

2. Open /system/build.prop

3. Find the line 'ro.build.characteristics=default'
and change the 'default' to 'tablet'

4. Set the screen density to 120 by changing
'ro.sf.lcd_density=240' to 'ro.sf.lcd_density=120'

5. Save and reboot.

6. You will get tablet UI;)

So, If you want to get back,

just change your density to 240 and it will revert to phone UI.

We need reboot between UI change now,

but maybe devs can do some mod after CM9 have all feature:D

sorry if im trolling but cant the same be implemented on cm9 for the epic touch 4g???? but whats with 644 permission??? just trying to figure out if this can be done on universal on cm9!!

Reactions: nellycruzz

meztizo_kid

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks, i'll look into the bluesleep issue when I get home, toggles are visible after you pull up the notification menu and tap the clock. Im working on getting it to automatically start tablet ui when cable is inserted, as soon as I get that finished, I'm going to start a new thread with just the mod, as well as a complete rom with linux built in.

I'm sure you're aware, but I just wanted to quickly throw it out there. I believe Turl found a way to resolve the bluesleep issue, with some sort of separate wakelock.

Awesome progress! I love all this ICS talk, got me refreshing my browser every 10 seconds haha.

Take it easy all. MK

backspacepc

May 25, 2008
Denham Springs
I'm sure you're aware, but I just wanted to quickly throw it out there. I believe Turl found a way to resolve the bluesleep issue, with some sort of separate wakelock.

Awesome progress! I love all this ICS talk, got me refreshing my browser every 10 seconds haha.

Take it easy all. MK

Yes, I'm looking at the services that he has in his build to see which line it is.

backspacepc

May 25, 2008
Denham Springs
Voice calling is in zip on the second page.
6333aa22-651b-04d9.jpg
6333aa22-652e-2d70.jpg

Some more teasers, won't be long before I release.

Reactions: meztizo_kid

WiKiDCLown

Jan 29, 2012
Can't wait to see your ROM and Im aware that if I touch the clock I can see the toggles but I'd like to be able to add and remove what toggles I want to show there like I want to be able to toggle data and sync also some food for thought I'd like to be able to add shortcuts to the bottom bar also maybe change its colour to something like blue or red and maybe even find a way to make it see through just some ideas can't wait to see what your next build is like

In other part is their anyway to make this mod work at LCD density lower then 120 and higher than 144
And in about system the build shows as a type of tablet and when I change the LCD back and put tablet back to default it still shows up as a tablet in the about system

Hit thanks if this was helpful
Sent from my ics(tablet UI)+darkside dualboot MB860 using xda premium

backspacepc

May 25, 2008
Denham Springs
Can't wait to see your ROM and Im aware that if I touch the clock I can see the toggles but I'd like to be able to add and remove what toggles I want to show there like I want to be able to toggle data and sync also some food for thought I'd like to be able to add shortcuts to the bottom bar also maybe change its colour to something like blue or red and maybe even find a way to make it see through just some ideas can't wait to see what your next build is like

In other part is their anyway to make this mod work at LCD density lower then 120 and higher than 144
And in about system the build shows as a type of tablet and when I change the LCD back and put tablet back to default it still shows up as a tablet in the about system

The services is what gives it the ability to render the UI, which is why it shows as a tablet in the about section. I'm working on an auto change script that'll render the UI once HDMI is plugged. That way you'll have the normal UI when not plugged.

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
The services is what gives it the ability to render the UI, which is why it shows as a tablet in the about section. I'm working on an auto change script that'll render the UI once HDMI is plugged. That way you'll have the normal UI when not plugged.

That would be EPIC. :)

JaronBang

Feb 10, 2010
Destin
Voice calling is in zip on the second page.
6333aa22-651b-04d9.jpg
6333aa22-652e-2d70.jpg

Some more teasers, won't be long before I release.

If you're referring to the update.zip on the third page, upon flashing everything works beautifully, but gives me voice calling is not supported when attempting to make a phone call.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

JaronBang

Feb 10, 2010
Destin
got the phone working by avoiding the script and manually changing to tablet UI, however after sending a call it crashes and I'm unable to disconnect. Receiving crashes also and I'm unable to answer.

WiKiDCLown

Jan 29, 2012

That'd be useful so I can use market to download apps my cell supports but can't get with the "tablet" but the tablet should be set to a tablet that uses tegra2 gpu and we will finally be able to get the full nfs shift from the market on our cells but also I'd like to to be able to toggle if the build shows as tablet or the default without turning off the UI I personally like using the UI without HDMI I don't turn off this MOD witch leads to my next question would it be possible to make the fingerprint work (,might have to wait since doesn't work with most ppl on cm9) and get The face unlock to work as well I'd love to be able to use all my cell features with this UI I'm loving it so much

JaronBang

Feb 10, 2010
Destin
I too enjoy this UI over the phone UI. I just wish calls wouldn't FC, I can call and end with power button but I'm unable to accept calls.

PS if you edit your build.prop to characteristics back to phone your phone app comes back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5. Save and reboot.

Here's Some Fixed file

5. Save and reboot.

I made update.zip.
    and fixed phone problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gwcsfzk8ugzji18
    its due to changes in the code. If the op doesn't mind sharing how he modded the services.jar I'll put it in source so every version can use the tablet mod.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Sorry. I never checked this thread for long.

Sent PM with source ;)
    This is what it looks like so far:

Screenshot_2012-02-17-15-53-02.jpg