[TUTORIAL]Update firmware through flashing the kdz files( With Picture )Step by Step

Search This thread

aela11

May 28, 2007
update firmware

hello
i am new with lg optimum 4x
i have v10a-oct-17-2012 ?
can i update to any version like Europe or USA ?
thanks.

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
hello
i am new with lg optimum 4x
i have v10a-oct-17-2012 ?
can i update to any version like Europe or USA ?
thanks.

The only countries that I know, that still on v10a are Argentina and Puerto Rico...

You can update via kdz (if you don't have update notification by OTA or LG Update Software).

If you find any problem with phone network, you can always downgrade to your official version.

Don't forget that its your responsability to do it.

bullghost

Mar 25, 2010
for step 5 and 6 you can simply plug the usb cable to your phone and do restart and hold vol - key and power button

rateixeira

Oct 23, 2012
I tried to update my 4X tody using this tutorial, in the final the device just turned off, so I disconected the usb cable and turned on, after boot I saw that the firmware didn´t change. What did I make wrong?

[]s

Renato

esag21

Nov 3, 2009
I tried to update my 4X tody using this tutorial, in the final the device just turned off, so I disconected the usb cable and turned on, after boot I saw that the firmware didn´t change. What did I make wrong?

[]s

Renato

Maybe you miss something .. read again the tutorial and try again .......

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

bullghost

Mar 25, 2010
Sometimes only without battery the device is detected by the program, soo... follow the steps 5 and 6 won't hurt.

If someone don't, and have a error during the process, it will be "bad" info :rolleyes:

is that so, i thought that the step is for us to able to reach the software update mode.
for me its work fine, anyway its just another option to enter the software update mode for us who lazy to pull and put back the battery

danniehayabusa

Feb 22, 2011
Culiacán
hi, first thanks to all of you for your usefuly information and this tutorial. i am from mexico and we are still stuck at v10a...sadly. I want to update to another newer firmware, i was thinking the europen v10h, what do you think about? some people say F is better, some say H and some another letter. i'll apreciate your opinion and i hope don't bother the senior members if they think this post is garbage, because i did looked for information and i don't know which firmware to choose. thanks

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
hi, first thanks to all of you for your usefuly information and this tutorial. i am from mexico and we are still stuck at v10a...sadly. I want to update to another newer firmware, i was thinking the europen v10h, what do you think about? some people say F is better, some say H and some another letter. i'll apreciate your opinion and i hope don't bother the senior members if they think this post is garbage, because i did looked for information and i don't know which firmware to choose. thanks

If you're going to try the euro_open, better try the v10h, its the latest one.

Don't forget about factory reset before upgrade and after root.

Pay attention to tutorials.

Good luck :good:

Reactions: danniehayabusa

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Ok, I've been reading the Optimus G forum and they do this method, differently...
check out their method:

1) Download the latest KDZ from LG's server for your phone via the app below (kudos to the creator)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cgeb6o5osy2yl9c

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed, otherwise download from below

http://www.mediafire.com/?82nt1aeh04aqa3m

3) Download LG KDZ Updater

http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file

http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p

5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: CS_Emergency

KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your phone will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the phone as per normal.

However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn't wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining 'dirty', thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10) Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.

12) Your phone will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

Maybe we should use CS_EMERGENCY instead of DIAG? Maybe it will flash the whole KDZ, wiping our device completely, removing root and applications?

Can anyone try?

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Ok, I've been reading the Optimus G forum and they do this method, differently...
check out their method:

Maybe we should use CS_EMERGENCY instead of DIAG? Maybe it will flash the whole KDZ, wiping our device completely, removing root and applications?

Can anyone try?

The "CS", might means "Chip Select, a control line in digital electronics" or "Circuit Switching (or circuit-switched), a form of telecommunications".
(searched on Wikipedia, "Computing and technology")

I'm not sure if this contributs for a cleaner install.
Probably for bricked devices when we can't select upgrade mode using the normal keys...

If someone have a better idea or sugestion or knows exactly what it means and what it does, I'll appreciate a reply ;)

Thank you :cool:

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
The "CS", might means "Chip Select, a control line in digital electronics" or "Circuit Switching (or circuit-switched), a form of telecommunications".
(searched on Wikipedia, "Computing and technology")

I'm not sure if this contributs for a cleaner install.
Probably for bricked devices when we can't select upgrade mode using the normal keys...

If someone have a better idea or sugestion or knows exactly what it means and what it does, I'll appreciate a reply ;)

Thank you :cool:

Well, there's an EMERGENCY option aswell... doesn't have the CS...
Someone would have to test it... maybe it will flash the whole firmware, a fresh clean install... with no garbage from previous firmwares...

Enviado do meu GT-I9300

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
hello. Im coming from v10e. the camera is keep force closing. I tried to flash v10f then v10h afterward but still no luck.

try the method above...

first, wipe the phone, then do the flash

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Another method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2085344

I really think we should use EMERGENCY instead of DIAG... might be nothing or might be everything hehe

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
try the method above...

first, wipe the phone, then do the flash

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Another method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2085344

I really think we should use EMERGENCY instead of DIAG... might be nothing or might be everything hehe

To flash a new version "EMERGENCY" is required!

Even to flash the same version "EMERGENCY" is the best.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

hello. Im coming from v10e. the camera is keep force closing. I tried to flash v10f then v10h afterward but still no luck.

Downgrade to V10A, factory reset, upgrade directly to V10H.
Be sure that kdz it's a proper one.

L

L2Deliver

i can't get KDZ FW UPD.exe to run properly on Windows 8 Pro x64

I've set it to run in compa mode for Windows 7 and as administrator.

Sorry if the solution is posted somewhere else im just lazy to do a search:eek:

maybe if there's any solution it can be put together with the flashing guide.

Edit: fixed: Have to install msxml.msi too.

Last edited:

rsabdul

Jul 30, 2011
Manchester
I have read the instructions, but it freezes when I click launch software update

I get these in the logs

Launching SW update
Unpacking KDZ

and then it crashes, can anybody help?

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
I have read the instructions, but it freezes when I click launch software update

I get these in the logs

Launching SW update
Unpacking KDZ

and then it crashes, can anybody help?

Close the program and restart it. be sure that you don't have any .cab file in that folder.

Give time for the windows recognise the device. sometimes takes 2 minutes because of windows update search...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go ( Read all instruction and comment before start flashing ) :

1 ) Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz- udpate.htm (the original link is deleted, re-uploaded by RuedasLocas)
    To get KDZ file you can find it here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=15

2 ) Once downloads complete Extract the file (ex.: C:\KDZ\) and u will get folder like this :-
    Untitled_zpsc3ea8d25.jpg

3) Install B2CTools LG ( B2CAppSetup.exe ) this file is located on the folder that yr extract before .
    b2c_zpsd19ae0ce.jpg

4) Run LGMobile update (must be on your desktop) and install the usb drivers .
    b2cUpdate_zpsf5d2e267.jpg

5 ) Turn off yr device and remove the battery .

6 ) Now just hold down vol - key ( hold hold hold dont release !!!! ) and plug the USB cable until you get screen like this :-
    upgrade_zps0f5b8db3.jpg

7 ) Wait for while due to yr computer will install some driver . Once the install is complete find "Device Manager" > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem on yr computer ( me using win 7 -----> start ---> computer ---> right click / and you can find device manager )
    my_zps93cd8996.jpg

my2_zps583bf7a0.jpg

8) Run as administrator KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( file located at step no 2 )
    updatekdz_zpse95a2ead.jpg

9) - Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe ( file located at step no 2 ) . After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon util the "ON" text appears over the icon like this :-

ON_zpsda3ecbdd.jpg

10 ) Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash
    READY_zps7eea5f1f.jpg

11) Click on "Launch Software Update"

12 ) Please see below picture !! Very important !!!! Now standby to put yr battery back !!!!!!
    When the log start to run, put the battery back on. ( thanks to RuedasLocas ) im copy from u
    bettery_zpsf2586c6f.jpg

13 ) - WAIT until your phone reboots automatically and unplug the cable , ( ALL IS DONE ) please check yr firmware on yr phone ....
    - Dont care about the errorlog, it's normal
    If you got only bootloop after flash .kdz, just do a hard reset:
    - press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the "android recovery figure" and wait until they reboot again.

INFO !
    When you tried to update yr LG Optimus 4x HD , the error comes " Your Device Is Not Registered Yet "
    That because you're using different version than the original country and you wont receive OTA update .
    The only way to get it back is by using LG software or KDZ method and install yr country's firmware.

I hope this will help for those want to update firmware via KDS
    And thanks to RuedasLocas because always help if we in trouble .. Thanks bro ..............

Before start flashing please do backup first ( yr photos , Videos , music on yr SD card )
    For clean install wipe yr data / factory reset !!!
    Here we go ( Read all instruction and comment before start flashing ) :

1 ) Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz- udpate.htm (the original link is deleted, re-uploaded by RuedasLocas)
    To get KDZ file you can find it here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=15

2 ) Once downloads complete Extract the file (ex.: C:\KDZ\) and u will get folder like this :-
    Untitled_zpsc3ea8d25.jpg

3) Install B2CTools LG ( B2CAppSetup.exe ) this file is located on the folder that yr extract before .
    b2c_zpsd19ae0ce.jpg

4) Run LGMobile update (must be on your desktop) and install the usb drivers .
    b2cUpdate_zpsf5d2e267.jpg

5 ) Turn off yr device and remove the battery .

6 ) Now just hold down vol - key ( hold hold hold dont release !!!! ) and plug the USB cable until you get screen like this :-
    upgrade_zps0f5b8db3.jpg

7 ) Wait for while due to yr computer will install some driver . Once the install is complete find "Device Manager" > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem on yr computer ( me using win 7 -----> start ---> computer ---> right click / and you can find device manager )
    my_zps93cd8996.jpg

my2_zps583bf7a0.jpg

8) Run as administrator KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( file located at step no 2 )
    updatekdz_zpse95a2ead.jpg

9) - Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe ( file located at step no 2 ) . After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon util the "ON" text appears over the icon like this :-

ON_zpsda3ecbdd.jpg

10 ) Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash
    READY_zps7eea5f1f.jpg

11) Click on "Launch Software Update"

12 ) Please see below picture !! Very important !!!! Now standby to put yr battery back !!!!!!
    When the log start to run, put the battery back on. ( thanks to RuedasLocas ) im copy from u
    bettery_zpsf2586c6f.jpg

13 ) - WAIT until your phone reboots automatically and unplug the cable , ( ALL IS DONE ) please check yr firmware on yr phone ....
    - Dont care about the errorlog, it's normal
    If you got only bootloop after flash .kdz, just do a hard reset:
    - press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the "android recovery figure" and wait until they reboot again.

INFO !
    When you tried to update yr LG Optimus 4x HD , the error comes " Your Device Is Not Registered Yet "
    That because you're using different version than the original country and you wont receive OTA update .
    The only way to get it back is by using LG software or KDZ method and install yr country's firmware.

I hope this will help for those want to update firmware via KDS
    And thanks to RuedasLocas because always help if we in trouble .. Thanks bro ..............

Before start flashing please do backup first ( yr photos , Videos , music on yr SD card )
    For clean install wipe yr data / factory reset !!!

Thanks ,I think If this or any other articles have helped you in any way, please tell one (or many) people about us. It's good job

:thumbup: Thanks

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium
    Did you really need to make another thread but with pics? Honestly, I think reading is enough.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

yup i think so .. because on pinned tutorial there some confusion step . If think this thread rubbish just delete it !:good:
    Someone will use this thread to upgrade the firmware .. Reading + picture = :good::good::good::good:
    Did you really need to make another thread but with pics? Honestly, I think reading is enough.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2