FORUMS

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Mar 16th)

512 posts
Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2012, 04:12 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
my home button and search button won't work. also, when I pull down my notification bar, the settings button doesn't work. running Release 7, did a full wipe before installing. any suggestions?

sent from my AOKP SGS3 using xda-premium
30th December 2012, 06:13 AM |#352  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Finally I can reply and thank you for this very awesome rom.
So... Thank you.
When installing apps from sd card with a file manager the install button can't be pressed with touch but it can be pressed with trackball. But my touch works on that spot I'm sure.
Same problem on cm7.2.
I'm soff and revolutionary. Now on this rom.

Sent from my Intruder
3rd January 2013, 04:55 PM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xam247

I finally went back, re-rooted, s-off, installed a new version of CWM recovery along with the RC7 from this thread and the JB GApps after a full wipe AND a re-format of my SD card after I backed it up. I'm also using S2E to place my less used or ones that I don't care about performance for on the SD card but the cache remains on the phone (for now).

It has been running for a couple days and while everything works fine, it is extremely slow. I have overclocked to 806mhz and tried the many governors without any noticeable change. The slowness is most noticible when opening an app (even those on the internal memory) as there is a 5-20s lag where absolutely nothing happens followed by 5-20 more sec. where there is generally some sort of white background with the app name on top. In general it is just super slow. RC4 on the otherhand was blazing fast.

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to re-install the rom and if so do I need to do a clean wipe?

Love the on-going support of this little device. Thanks all!

Quick update:

Been a couple weeks now since on RC7 and it is still super slow. Even when I reboot, wait 5-10min, then resume playing a song, the song will spontaneously halt and resume 2-3s later which really shows how slow it is running. In addition the battery life is atrocious (2-3hrs of limited use). When looking at the settings for battery it all looks normal with no misbehaving apps. It may also be the case that the battery statistics are degrading rapidly. The system reports 35% but after booting into recovery, CWM Touch reports 75%. Clearing the battery statistics didn't do the trick either.

Still thankful for the ongoing development but would welcome ideas.
3rd January 2013, 08:14 PM |#354  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quick update:

Been a couple weeks now since on RC7 and it is still super slow. Even when I reboot, wait 5-10min, then resume playing a song, the song will spontaneously halt and resume 2-3s later which really shows how slow it is running. In addition the battery life is atrocious (2-3hrs of limited use). When looking at the settings for battery it all looks normal with no misbehaving apps. It may also be the case that the battery statistics are degrading rapidly. The system reports 35% but after booting into recovery, CWM Touch reports 75%. Clearing the battery statistics didn't do the trick either.

Try a clean install without any apps2sd/S2E.. Mine definitely isn't that slow (and battery life isn't that bad either)
3rd January 2013, 10:49 PM |#355  
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 1,143

More
Quote:

Quick update:

I'm using v7 on my aria, and not setting this behavior. Seems as fast or maybe slightly better than the previous JB releases. I'm running it as a media player only, as it's not my daily driver phone anymore... so can't connect on battery life in use, but mine will idle with all radios off at about 1% drain every 8 hours or so... Half hour of music might eat 5%. Apps and dalvik on SD via s2e.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
9th January 2013, 08:10 AM |#356  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Htc Gratia (aria)
On firmware CyanogenMod 10 Winsuk Release 7 is a problem - when an incoming call off hook and the first 3-4 seconds is communication through the speakerphone. In what could be the problem?
10th January 2013, 10:05 AM |#357  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Can you explain a bit more about the HTML5 video bug? like, is it all HTML5 videos, or just certain sites?
10th January 2013, 04:29 PM |#358  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aster190

Can you explain a bit more about the HTML5 video bug? like, is it all HTML5 videos, or just certain sites?

Not sure, I only tried YouTube..
Trying it again now, it seems to be all
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 04:47 AM |#359  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Interesting. I tried watching on m.youtube, and sure enough, it was glitching and not playing properly. But I tried watching a different video from m.realitylapse.com for one of my anime shows, and it was working just fine. Maybe it's just youtube not working? Oh, and btw, there is a work around for that. If you use Opera Mobile to pick a video from youtube, it'll open up the youtube app to play the video instead. But anyway, I'll try some other sites and report back.

Edit: I tried some other sites and they weren't playing correctly. I guess RealityLapse is a special case.
11th January 2013, 08:12 AM |#360  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster190

Interesting. I tried watching on m.youtube, and sure enough, it was glitching and not playing properly. But I tried watching a different video from m.realitylapse.com for one of my anime shows, and it was working just fine. Maybe it's just youtube not working? Oh, and btw, there is a work around for that. If you use Opera Mobile to pick a video from youtube, it'll open up the youtube app to play the video instead. But anyway, I'll try some other sites and report back.

Edit: I tried some other sites and they weren't playing correctly. I guess RealityLapse is a special case.

Try ucweb browser it gives flash support plus SD(not hd) video support on almost all sites.

Sent from my HTC Intruder using my brain.
The Following User Says Thank You to sifat3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sifat3d Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 01:17 AM |#361  

More
i'm having some trouble installing apps for some reason. The play store is giving me errors like "Unknown error occurred during installation code: -24" and "Package file invalid" I'm even having trouble installing apps that I download using my browser instead. It always says "app not installed"

Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: Never mind. I just flashed back to CM7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10, jellybean, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)