[13-NOV-2012][ROM][JB][4.1.2] PACman HD2 v1.2a [PA/AOKP/CM10][NativeSD][WIP]

Search This thread

1234567q

Sep 14, 2007
SWAP-Script

With swap activated multitasking was reported to be faster.
Thanks to bernida and g.andy there's a guide how to install swap on the pacman-rom:

1. at first you need to have a swap partition on your sdcard. you can do this in any partition manager. so your sdcard should have a fat32-ext4-swap layout. in that order! note that I couldnt resize my ext4 partition in both gparted and minitool partition wizard. so what I did is I made a backup of sd-ext via 4extrecovery (advanced backup - sd-ext), then I deleted my ext4 partition. recreated it, but not using all of the free space, created the swap partition and later I restored the backup
-> I left 384MB for the swap partition. 256 should work also (usage was never over 170MB for me, but just being safe ;) )
2. I used the script from this post, so all props go there: yank 555's script
download the zip in the first post. you cannot flash this file via recovery (it will produce an error, so dont try). instead unzip it, and search for the 99swap file. this is the script to activate swap. its under setup/init.d/
3. copy the 99swap-file to your phone and move it to /etc/init.d
4. now you have to set the permissions of the file, I did this with the terminal emulator. start terminal emulator, type "su" and press enter to get root permissions. then use
Code:
cd /etc/init.d
to change the active directory there. then you do
Code:
chmod 755 99swap
and
Code:
chown 0:2000 99swap
5. now reboot the phone
6. now you should have swap activated and memory issues should be the past :) (check it with the "free" command in termimal. in the swap line there shouldnt be zeros anymore)
have fun

btw you can edit the 99swap file and set a different value for the "swapiness". I had it changed to 100 at first, but then I reverted to the standard 60, because then it will more likely only swap when theres not much RAM left. (with 100 it will always try to swap as much as it is able to - but internal memory is still faster than swap, so I reverted to 60)

Unfortunately the needed swap-script by Yank555 isn't available anymore due to a closed thread.

Does anybody still have it and might be so friendly to post it?
Thank you very much in advance!

// edit // solution:
You can get the swap-script after registering at Yanks' forum: http://yank555-lu.net
And hell..... this is rocking!!!! I never imagined it could push the speed so fast.....:highfive::highfive::highfive:
It's the best advice for this fabulous Rom which really sufferes without swap if you use a lot of apps. Don't install it via CWM because it doesn't work. Simply follow the description above and your device will rock!
My HD2 is now switching and starting apps even from ground almost without delay (before round about 2 to 10 sek. even for smaller apps).:victory:

Last edited:

rotterdam

Dec 7, 2009
Reactions: 1234567q
D

Deleted member 5204328

Can't access power menu

I have a problem. I am unable to access the power menu when I hold in the power button. It turns off the display the moment I push the button. Holding it in does nothing. What can I do?

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
Looking back after all this time, this rom remains the best I've ever tried on my device...and I tried them all :laugh:
I feel the need to flash it again to feel that smoothness and rensponsivness again. Too bad that Xylo doesn't cook anymore.

dalfshiro

Apr 9, 2012
OPPO Find X3 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Looking back after all this time, this rom remains the best I've ever tried on my device...and I tried them all :laugh:
I feel the need to flash it again to feel that smoothness and rensponsivness again. Too bad that Xylo doesn't cook anymore.

Hahaha..me too..iam fans of xylo's roms.before xylo took decision not to cook anymore, i always using his rom for daily used.miss his new rom..lol..:D

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gprash

Aug 16, 2010
Bangalore, India

+1, though I may not have tried them all. I just got a nexus 5 last month, so looking forward to experimenting on the hd2 even more now. :)

Reactions: Lincoln357

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
I'm using HD2, Motorola Razr, Blu Life Play & Studio 5 S, Note 2, N4 and few Galaxy models, depending on place, time and needs but the most joyful thing is flashing and testing roms on the legendary HD2...this device has been thru a lot, both on the physical and software wise side and it's still kicking like a mule! :D

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
I need download this rom but link 's died, Who have link download this rom?

Here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291699330

I will remove the link @Xylograph 's request

Edit; link removed due to MD5 sums not matching, will look into it.
Edit2; re-instated link, the MD5 sum is the same as that in the versions box in first post, the one given under the download link in the first post must be for an older version. Always best to check MD5sums before flashing, and make a backup first ;)
Edit3; Ah I see it now, my link above is for 1.2, the latest version was 1.2a, which I do not appear to have.

Last edited:

bernjabl

Mar 13, 2018
Hello, i also need the 1,2a Version of the rom. I repaired my old HD2. It lay's in a box for almost 4 years with a dead digitizer. Now it's back to life and on it is my old favorite Rom pacman. Now i need a clean install for the sd card ext3 and ext 4 storage.I hope someone have installation.zip of that rom. Even now in 2018 it runs smooth like butter on this rom. Great work then and now.

Matzeee

Dec 4, 2010
I just found PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3.zip with correct md5.
But I am not sure if I am allowed to upload it publicly and I really respect the work that was neccessary to create this Rom.
@Xylograph is it fine to reupload it?

Last edited:

IAMLEGENDZ

Mar 15, 2011
Had Sahary
But I am not sure if I am allowed to upload it publicly and I really respect the work that was neccessary to create this Rom.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Xylograph did not appear since 2012, I think you can reupload it , if he appears again he will request to delete it .

Matzeee

Dec 4, 2010
Here it is.
Again @Xylograph, please notify me if you want this to be removed. I do not want to offend but — since all your links are down — share your fantastic rom, which I enjoyed using on my HD2 for a really long time.

Code:
PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3.zip
md5: 662cccc13b5ea890e3d9e0fbf8175c2c
[url]https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/qUAgIJME[/url]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

o05lg.png

34pb22b.jpg

Pa + Aokp + Cm =

PACman All in 1 HD2 ROM

Key Features :

• Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    • PA, AOKP and CM10 features (credits szl.kiev, tytung, Xylograph, PonsAsinorem, Evervolv team, PA Team, AOKP Team and Cyanogenmod Team)
    • HWA JB kernel (thanks Securecrt)
    • HWUI deny app and patch (thanks Securecrt, royale1223)
    • Multilanguage
    • Minimal Gapps
    • NativeSD & Dual Installer

Summary PACman HD2:

• Based on the merged Xperia Ray ROM including the latest CM10 + AOKP JB build 4 + PA v2.18 (credits szl.kiev)
    • System Based on CM10 from tytung + Evervolv (credits tytung, EV Team)
    • Patched Rom Control and Paranoid Settings (credits : Xylograph)
    • Dual Installer V3 which enables you to Odex the ROM @ 1st boot.. Be aware that this process will take a while.. Your phone will reboot when it's done odexing.. so be patient and wait for it to reboot if you decide to use it!!
    • Included optional undervolt script.. if your Phone is sensible for Screen Of Death.. don't use it !
    • Included 'auto' mounting in the ramdisk and install script so any compatible Filesystem can be used (for future purpose)
    • This ROM contains very minimal google apps..
      You can either download the 'missing' apps or find alternatives for it on the market.. if that is not enough for you..
      feel free to flash a Google Apps Package after flashing the ROM.
    • This is a general Work In Progress.. expect some bugs and duplicate features..

Download for the HTC HD2 : (Please do not mirror stuff!)

Installation Information :

Minimal partition size table when installing the rom to NAND :

Code:
    misc ya 1M
    boot yboot|ro 5M
    system ya 145M  <-- [B]Deodexed[/B], system ya 180M <-- [B]Odexed[/B]
    cache ya 2M
    userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Minimal SD-EXT partition size when installing the rom to SD-EXT:

Code:
    EXT4 Partition with at least 512M free

After SD-EXT installation set your SD Bootfolder to the 
    'NativeSD' folder found on your sdcard.

Boot the ROM from SD.

Please check [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31110719&postcount=2"]this post[/URL] for more NativeSD installation instructions !!

Things currently not working:

Changelogs:

Code:
    PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3.zip:

- Bugfixed release.
    - Merged newer AOKP codes, fix SIM PIN issue
    - Settings: Remove PA version, PA Logo activity, PA Circus
    - Settings: Add PAC version, PAC Logo Activity, PAC Circus
    - Updated supersu and nativesd multiboot app.
    - Fixed wifi issue with NativeSD clean install.
    - Some small fixes..

PACman_leo_v1.2_div3.zip:

- Based on latest PACman ROM (credits: szl.kiev)
    - AOKP Milestone 1
    - PA 2.53
    - Latest CM10 Nightly
    . Disable Vibrate on lockscreen
    . Toggles can be hidden(AOKP toggles only)
    . Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
    . Color Engine from PA
    . Per app color, latest PA invention, Let's you define navbar color, navbar glow color, navbar buttons color, and statusbar color on per app basis
    . Statusbar and navbar color (Independently from per app color, define default colors)
    . Statusbar transparency and navbar transparency are finally back (Navbar transparency is only enabled on launcher)
    . A lot of fixes to ParanoidPreferences
    - Updated NativeSD initrd.gz (for Bluetooth) Credits: marco.palumb, Robbie P , Securecrt
    - Wifi tethering Fixed
    - Soundrecorder Fixed
    - Lots of small fixes
    - Updated more apps, but forgot to update supersu and the latest NativeSD boot app.. do that yourself via the market please...
    - This version is more like the original PA except some rom control stuff..

PACman_leo_v1.1_div3.zip:

- Changed system base + kernel to tytung latest CM10 v1.1 for the most part (credits and lots of thanks to: tytung)
    - Updated to the latest merged PACman with Jellybean 4.1.2, PA 2.21, Latest ROM Control (credits: szl.kiev)
    - Added Multi DPI Play Store v3.9.16 (credits MyLifeRocks10)
    - Added custom backlight values back
    - replaced the copybit.qsd8k.so with the PACman v1.0 one (solves the rebooting issue with OfficeSuite Pro)
    - Removed/disabled some duplicates (cm10 torch, volume rocker wake.. still much more to do.. WIP)
    - Removed some default predefined PA settings (youtube and settings) 
    - Added 0 dp to Rom Control Navigation bar width to disable it in landscape.
    - HWA video recording working (credits tytung)
    - Changed back to MIUI camera
    - Updated some more apps
    - Cleaned up and optimised the ROM a bit more for more smoothness..
    - More small (visual) changes.

PACman_leo_beta_v1.0_div3.zip:

- Read Ahead value set to 2048 by default again
    - Included Multi DPI Play Store v3.8.17 (credits MyLifeRocks10)
    - System Based on CMTight + latest Evervolv base (credits PonsAsinorem, Xylo, EV Team)
    - Patched power.qsd8k.so to get rid of the 614MHz bug (credits tiny4579)
    - Patched some default settings.

Previous Versions:

Code:
    [URL="http://d-h.st/dBy"]PACman_leo_v1.2_div3.zip[/URL] - [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/5dKj"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: cbb6256d03cea7d95a41e8ac90ad9b90
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32875537&postcount=265"]PACman_leo_v1.1te_div3[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/JSH"]PACman_leo_v1.1_div3.zip[/URL] - [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/uyag"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: e273b8fdd48af9296c68fe6fa22cf454
    [URL="http://d-h.st/Des"]PACman_leo_beta_v1.0_div3.zip[/URL] - [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/OJfq"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: d619c27289446503a2beb8e4dda7c16c

*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***

Thanks & Credits to : szl.kiev, tytung, PonsAsinorem, PA Team, AOKP Team, Cyanogenmod Team, Evervolv team, Securecrt, royale1223, tiny4579 and all I forgot !

Update

PACman_leo_v1.2_div3.zip:

- Based on latest PACman ROM (credits: szl.kiev)
    - AOKP Milestone 1
    - PA 2.53
    - Latest CM10 Nightly
    . Disable Vibrate on lockscreen
    . Toggles can be hidden(AOKP toggles only)
    . Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
    . Color Engine from PA
    . Per app color, latest PA invention, Let's you define navbar color, navbar glow color, navbar buttons color, and statusbar color on per app basis
    . Statusbar and navbar color (Independently from per app color, define default colors)
    . Statusbar transparency and navbar transparency are finally back (Navbar transparency is only enabled on launcher)
    . A lot of fixes to ParanoidPreferences
    - Updated NativeSD initrd.gz (for Bluetooth) Credits: marco.palumb, Robbie P , Securecrt
    - Wifi tethering Fixed
    - Soundrecorder Fixed
    - Lots of small fixes
    - Updated more apps, but forgot to update supersu and the latest NativeSD boot app.. do that yourself via the market please...
    - This version is more like the original PA except some rom control stuff..

I haven't tested this version much because I am short on time, but didn't face any crucial issues...

So enjoy... now back to my break ;)
    Update 1.2a

I've found some time to fix some stuff... I hope everything is ok now..

PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3.zip:

- Bugfixed release.
    - Merged newer AOKP codes, fix SIM PIN issue
    - Settings: Remove PA version, PA Logo activity, PA Circus
    - Settings: Add PAC version, PAC Logo Activity, PAC Circus
    - Updated supersu and nativesd multiboot app.
    - Fixed wifi issue with NativeSD clean install.
    - Some small fixes..

Enjoy..
    Hi

Hi folks,

Since I got a couple of private messages about my absence lately..
    I just wanted to let you all know that I am fine, still alive and still have my HD2 though it's acting up more and more lately..

It seems the famous 'non responding touchscreen' issue is slowly coming my way..

Anyway, due to some personal reasons and some comments here @ xda I kinda lost the motivation to keep the updates coming like fresh daily food..

I do know most people are happy with the stuff they grab for free where lots of time is spend on, but for now.. some people just ruined the fun in development for me.

I've also seen some discussion (thanks to Wis) about me being some sort of inventor of mixing PA and AOKP together @ SGS2 forum which was kinda 'suprising' for me.. I think some should do some homework there before doing that kind of statements.. ;)

I only port other phone/developers stuff to hd2 and trying to fix some hd2 specific stuff..

Long story short.. I hope to get some motivation back and bring you guys the latest PACman update someday... If my hd2 survives it that is :)

PS. The upcoming Google Nexus 4 looks interesting...