FORUMS

[WARNING] Do not downgrade to 1.0xxxxx after root.

6,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 26th March 2011, 05:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2011, 05:10 PM |#11  
Flag J-town, fl
Thanks Meter: 13

More
take an old pair if headphones and strip them til you have only the cooper wire and connect them to the gold connector from your phone to your eris battery and that should work
31st August 2011, 12:17 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

only thing i know of is to use an external charger,or swap it into a good TB. if you have to,you could take it to a store and see if they will put it in a phone and charge it for you,tho i would take some care in what you tell them as to why you need to do that

i got an external charger and 3 extra generic batterys on ebay for about $30 so i wont ever ben in that situation. i dont like charging my phone during the day so i just go until it shuts off then put in a new battery.

ive heard of people hacking up usb cables to directly power the phone,but thats not something id really reccomend.

at any rate youre good to be caustious,an hboot flash is NOT a time that you want to run out of battery

Ok so today i brought an HTC dock charger with a extra slot to charge the battery alone, so i charge that puppy up, put the battery back in with the file you gave me to put on my sd card and bootloader comes on does its checking the file and loaded the update ask me to press yes and BAM it took 5 mins to do its process and rebooted itself and now back to where it was when i first brought it, damn so thx you Scotty for the help and guide, so can youo tell me a method to use to root it back,
31st August 2011, 12:23 AM |#13  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,071

More
good,glad it worked out for you. use this to reroot: http://revolutionary.io/

its quick and easy and leaves you with a permanet hboot that wont accidentally get overwritten
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scotty1223 Ad-Free
31st August 2011, 12:38 AM |#14  

More
[QUOTE=scotty1223;17133101]good,glad it worked out for you. use this to reroot: http://revolutionary.io/

its quick and easy and leaves you with a permanet hboot that wont accidentally get overwritten [/QUOTED]

do i need my pc to do this root process or i can do it on the phone.
31st August 2011, 01:13 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by portebr3

do i need my pc to do this root process or i can do it on the phone.

you will need a pc
31st August 2011, 01:16 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

you will need a pc

Ok ill need a pc, how will i know im rooted will it give me the superuser app like the other root method does
31st August 2011, 02:42 AM |#17  

More
theres a video here on android forums: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt...s-updated.html

it will give you a permanent s-off hboot and flash clockwork recovery. tehre is a download for a superuser.zip that you will flash in recovery. then you will see the superuser app in your drawer after flashing that .zip/
31st August 2011, 04:27 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

theres a video here on android forums: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt...s-updated.html

it will give you a permanent s-off hboot and flash clockwork recovery. tehre is a download for a superuser.zip that you will flash in recovery. then you will see the superuser app in your drawer after flashing that .zip/

ok Ima go go ahead and go that route and i think i should be able to download superuser from the app store, but yeaha ill keep you posted, so tell me what ROM are you using, i heard gingerbread is buggy as hell,
31st August 2011, 01:02 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by portebr3

ok Ima go go ahead and go that route and i think i should be able to download superuser from the app store, but yeaha ill keep you posted, so tell me what ROM are you using, i heard gingerbread is buggy as hell,

the market will only have the superuser app,youll need the matching binary files. the superuser app is linked on revolutionarys page,you must flash that in recovery to become rooted.

Does Revolutionary give me root?
No. You will need to flash this this zipfile from recovery.
10th August 2012, 05:18 PM |#20  
Flag Somewhere on the west coast. :) get to know me to find out!
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

I should of published this notice sooner. This was discussed early on, but we didn't think anyone would downgrade to the buggy firmware after rooting.

We were wrong.

Newer hboots (like the one in stock, hboot version 1.04.0000) flash/check images in an way that prevents the phone from encountering a SECURITY WARNING mid flash. This is good, prevents us from bricking.

Older hboots, like the one in 1.03.605.10 (hboot version 0.95.0000) on the otherhand do not, and flashing over custom firmware with them can lead to the dreaded SECURITY WARNING. This firmware is from January 3rd, is buggy and well should not be used for any reason outside of initail root. Avoid it.

A tester helping develop a one click root encountered this today, he tried to downgrade from custom firmware.

So, do not downgrade below 1.12.605.6 without a reason, if you do understand how to recover. You most likely have no reason to be on old firmware at this point, outside of initial root.

If you have a SECURITY WARNING, don't freak.

Recovering from this error:

Until we have newer RUUs, you only have one maybe two chances to do this. Since you obviously know how to flash an RUU, I am not going to go through the
process again.

Flashing this firmware the stock (1.12.605.6) firmware will fix this error.
LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/JWLPZAS15T

However if you get a MAIN VERSION HIGHER error while flashing, you only have one choice to recover, by flashing the newer than stock (1.12.605.9) firmware.
LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/UF40S2HZA7

If you are having issues, or are freaked out come find me in the chat (check my signature for a link). If I help you, I expect a donation to the Boys and Girls Club in the name of REWT.

-jcase

all multiupload.com links are non-functional and should be disabled, and refreshed with current mirror links.
10th August 2012, 05:25 PM |#21  

More
or you could just put forth a lil effort into finding your own RUUs,as those are extremely old anyway-no where near the current firmware.

mecha ruus can be found:
footbals folder

shipped roms.com

or on http://www.androidpolice.com by searching for the build number
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)