FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2012, 07:55 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

asus tf300t.

Was this reply for me?

If so:
1. What are the known issues/current bugs for it with CM10? I didn't find any listing of them on the CM10 thread for this device here on xda.
2. Do you think that it'll run the upcoming 4.2 firmware nicely? I know you can't tell for sure, just looking for a prediction.

Thanks.

P.S
What's the difference between all the different models in the Transformer series? I couldn't find anything that really differs one from the other, all run Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPUs for the most part, have 1GB of RAM, same screen size, run the same software etc. What's the real difference between them?

17th October 2012, 08:18 PM |#502  
Flag Ottumwa
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggatti

If you can find a used photon 4g it can be used with sim apparently. I recently searched Craigslist for one and found it for 70. Also it has gorilla glass.
If you can wait for the next nexus to come and lower the price of the galaxy nexus.the gnex would be a good buy considering the support will last as long as the earth will.that will require hardcore savings though.
Otherwise you can search for a used atrix 4g .g2x. nitro hd (rare possibility) .

Sent from my Thunderbolt using xda app-developers app

Yeah, a Gnex is no go, both for the price, and for the lack of an SD reader. Will study up on the rest though, thanks

::edit:: 4g is not at all important to me, as the nearest 4g services to me is 70 miles away
17th October 2012, 08:26 PM |#503  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benthe

Was this reply for me?

If so:
1. What are the known issues/current bugs for it with CM10? I didn't find any listing of them on the CM10 thread for this device here on xda.
2. Do you think that it'll run the upcoming 4.2 firmware nicely? I know you can't tell for sure, just looking for a prediction.

Thanks.

P.S
What's the difference between all the different models in the Transformer series? I couldn't find anything that really differs one from the other, all run Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPUs for the most part, have 1GB of RAM, same screen size, run the same software etc. What's the real difference between them?

I don't have the tab, so I don't really know (but I should get it soon anyways ) I just know it's a beast tablet and as JB update with stock firmware, so probably runs nice.
Here's the CM10, and its already android 4.1.2! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1845200
Bugs are not mentioned, so probably everything works. I see the guy who posted the ROM now, so it's something official
I just love this tablet, so...
About the transformer variations, they say the prime is better - but I don't see any diferences. This version is cheaper There is also the tf700t, but I don't anything about that one, as they don't sell it on my country (Portugal).
17th October 2012, 08:32 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Thanks.
I just looked it up on Asus' Global website and saw there are also the TF300TG and the TF300TL (in addition to the TF300T), what's the difference between the three?
17th October 2012, 08:35 PM |#505  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
tf300tg is with 3g capatibilities, tf300tl gonna check cause I never heard about that
17th October 2012, 09:05 PM |#506  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

Why not Sony Xperia P? Decent build, gorgeous, good camera and audio, JB on the way, qHD camera and a decent hardware.

"I got my values. So you can keep yours, OK?"

Sony is in the phone business? At first, I would giggle. But seeing the Xperia P's specs, I don't think there's a better alternative around the same price range. Thanks a lot, BTW. Oh, and would you (or anybody else) recommend the Xperia S over the U if budget isn't a problem?

So far, the only problem I have with the U and S models is that they have poor battery life. If they can offer around 5-6 hours talk time, how many hours of music playing will they be able to offer?
17th October 2012, 10:58 PM |#507  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost ic0n

Sony is in the phone business? At first, I would giggle. But seeing the Xperia P's specs, I don't think there's a better alternative around the same price range. Thanks a lot, BTW. Oh, and would you (or anybody else) recommend the Xperia S over the U if budget isn't a problem?

So far, the only problem I have with the U and S models is that they have poor battery life. If they can offer around 5-6 hours talk time, how many hours of music playing will they be able to offer?

You're quite lost haha

I suggested the P because it's the best of the three on that price. If you're country has the T, and budget isn't a problem, then pick it up. If not, S. Then XP.

I myself have the XS (is this phrase grammatically correct?), and my battery is awesome in the latest firmware (look for the "Xperia S battery life" thread, and my latest posts there). I'd say it could offer at least 6 hours of direct playback without WiFi, or even more. Dunno.

The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Felimenta97 Ad-Free
18th October 2012, 12:17 AM |#508  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:

You're quite lost haha

I suggested the P because it's the best of the three on that price. If you're country has the T, and budget isn't a problem, then pick it up. If not, S. Then XP.

I myself have the XS (is this phrase grammatically correct?), and my battery is awesome in the latest firmware (look for the "Xperia S battery life" thread, and my latest posts there). I'd say it could offer at least 6 hours of direct playback without WiFi, or even more. Dunno.

Been doing my research, what do you (or anybody else) make of the Sony Xperia Ion? Can it sit comfortably between the S and T? Right now, I'm finding it to be the most interesting of all, especially since major reviews proved its music playback quality and battery life to be sweet along with having decent specs.
18th October 2012, 01:58 AM |#509  
Flag Ribeirão Preto

More
Quote:

Been doing my research, what do you (or anybody else) make of the Sony Xperia Ion? Can it sit comfortably between the S and T? Right now, I'm finding it to be the most interesting of all, especially since major reviews proved its music playback quality and battery life to be sweet along with having decent specs.

The only difference between the ion and the S is the screen size and design, mostly.

The T is, with absolutely sure, that it's the best device between all those. The ion has almost no dev, when S have a medium to slow dev (but we have some nice things, such as KXP (AOKP for Xperia's), CM10, and stock based ROMs, and also dual boot. T dev is going to be really good, as many recognized devs seems to have got the device.

The XS battery, as I said, is great with the latest update, and the XT should be better than S (maybe not exactly right now, since it just got launched, so updates will come, but in the future I'm sure it will).
The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Felimenta97 Ad-Free
18th October 2012, 02:25 AM |#510  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:

The only difference between the ion and the S is the screen size and design, mostly.

The T is, with absolutely sure, that it's the best device between all those. The ion has almost no dev, when S have a medium to slow dev (but we have some nice things, such as KXP (AOKP for Xperia's), CM10, and stock based ROMs, and also dual boot. T dev is going to be really good, as many recognized devs seems to have got the device.

The XS battery, as I said, is great with the latest update, and the XT should be better than S (maybe not exactly right now, since it just got launched, so updates will come, but in the future I'm sure it will).

TBH, I'm lost right now lol. I'm just another one of those extra careful, extra whatever-you-call 'em type of people that can't decide on one thing. I've been looking around various deals for new, in-box & factory unlocked Xperia phones and so far, I'm finding deals of the Ion and S in which there's a $80 USD difference between the two. Other than just that price difference, I'm leaning towards the Ion, and I don't know why..... trust of the gut, maybe?

Anyway, the last thing I'd like to ask would be:
- What am I losing if I buy the Ion? And what am I gaining?
- What am I losing if I buy the S? And what am I gaining?

Both have ICS, and both have positive reviews. Although none of the reviews really mentioned sound quality/music play-back in general, will I be getting a proper iPod replacement if I pair any of the two sets with good quality headphones? Oh, and the XT is out of my budget.

BTW, thanks a bunch for the help!
18th October 2012, 02:36 AM |#511  
Flag Ribeirão Preto

More
Quote:

TBH, I'm lost right now lol. I'm just another one of those extra careful, extra whatever-you-call 'em type of people that can't decide on one thing. I've been looking around various deals for new, in-box & factory unlocked Xperia phones and so far, I'm finding deals of the Ion and S in which there's a $80 USD difference between the two. Other than just that price difference, I'm leaning towards the Ion, and I don't know why..... trust of the gut, maybe?

Anyway, the last thing I'd like to ask would be:
- What am I losing if I buy the Ion? And what am I gaining?
- What am I losing if I buy the S? And what am I gaining?

Both have ICS, and both have positive reviews. Although none of the reviews really mentioned sound quality/music play-back in general, will I be getting a proper iPod replacement if I pair any of the two sets with good quality headphones? Oh, and the XT is out of my budget.

BTW, thanks a bunch for the help!

Let me try to help you:

Ion
Pro:
Bigger screen (0.3 bigger)
Maybe a brighter screen
MicroSD slot

Con:
Smaller PPI (less pixels per inch, that makes the individual pixels easier to see)
Almost null dev (maybe not even root)
Boring design

S:
Pro:
Higher PPI (can't remember about numbers, but it's not they noticeable the difference)
More development
Easier root
Better design
More internal memory (32 GB vs 16 GB Ion)

Con
No MICROSD card slot
... Honestly I can't think of more cons for it.

Both phones have NFC, same camera and audio.

There is an awesome mod, which started on the XS forums, and spread when the compatibility to other devices got higher, that is awesome. It really increases the sound quality.

For the headphones, I'd say to toy to check the headphones thread on the accessories section of XS forums. There are dozens and dozens of pages with opinions, which headphones works, which work partially, etc.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)