Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
come on now.
you kids should know better!
I know about this when att note2 just come out!
this rom is for international note2 n7100 WITHOUT lte!
you will not get signals or data on 7100 rom!
but it will works on 7105 rom, that's the international note2 WITH lte.

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
Right, because calling, texting, and mobile Internet are features of a smartphone, not core functions that literally make a smartphone, a smartphone.

/s

Dude....... DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS US! Development is getting pretty thin around here. All our developers are moving on to newer devices. Don't bash the ones we still have and/or the ones that are just bringing new stuff to our device. WOW MAN! Hit it up and do it better if ur not happy with the progress. All roms are FLASH AT UR OWN RISK. ALL. Doesn't give u any right to ridicule people. What's that thing we were chatting about @wase4711?? Oh yeah. ..... entitlement! This guy thinks he has it. LoL. GET A CLUE!
:thumbdown::mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Layman76

Aug 13, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Dude....... DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS US! Development is getting pretty thin around here. All our developers are moving on to newer devices. Don't bash the ones we still have and/or the ones that are just bringing new stuff to our device. WOW MAN! Hit it up and do it better if ur not happy with the progress. All roms are FLASH AT UR OWN RISK. ALL. Doesn't give u any right to ridicule people. What's that thing we were chatting about @wase4711?? Oh yeah. ..... entitlement! This guy thinks he has it. LoL. GET A CLUE!

I'm not upset that data doesn't work, I was saying that not telling what doesn't work (especially if it's a make it or break it deal) should be put in the OP. I was under the impression that it was minor things broken in the build. If I came across as angry or hateful toward OP, that was not my intention, and I apologize. I lost a lot of data by not backing up (my fault) and I was probably just venting toward OP because I had wasted all the time and effort to discover a key part of a ROM (necessary, let's be honest) was missing. But you can't deny what I said in the first place: there should be a list of major features missing. That's the only thing I have left to support from earlier. I'm sorry for getting this post off track.

/rant

xenozzy

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks I was reading that people on n7100, n7105, and T-mobile were having that issue, and issues with it reading external sd card. I think this is an early built mainly meant for testers and developers. Still good to see it is out and now it is a matter of time before the devs get it ready for primetime.

data works fine here just no 4g.

Reactions: pc747

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
hopefully, you now understand the importance of backing up on a regular basis, which will save you all sorts of headaches, especially when flashing new and un proven roms.
we can't expect the fine folks who provide us these fun roms to be responsible for anything we lose, if we don't exercise good habits, and back up everything on a regular basis, from our phones, our pc's, and every other device we might use..

if you don't have a back up strategy, I suggest you implement one ASAP..

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
hopefully, you now understand the importance of backing up on a regular basis, which will save you all sorts of headaches, especially when flashing new and un proven roms.
we can't expect the fine folks who provide us these fun roms to be responsible for anything we lose, if we don't exercise good habits, and back up everything on a regular basis, from our phones, our pc's, and every other device we might use..

if you don't have a back up strategy, I suggest you implement one ASAP..

Very well said my wise friend. I should take the suggestion as well. I backup on rare occasions. But if I lose stuff I lose it. I know if I lose it it's my fault so I don't whine about it. People need to take accountability for their own actions and not blame others for their mistakes. I started doing that June 22, 2011 and life just keeps getting better. I was 29 when I started taking accountability so god knows how long it will take some of these other ppl to.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

If you see xda Dev db info, it clearly says testing..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

New people around here don't like to read. I know that for a fact. I've been looking through the threads and so many questions could be answered by the person who posted it if they would just do a read through and/or search. They don't read unless u tell them.... READ

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Very well said my wise friend. I should take the suggestion as well. I backup on rare occasions. But if I lose stuff I lose it. I know if I lose it it's my fault so I don't whine about it. People need to take accountability for their own actions and not blame others for their mistakes. I started doing that June 22, 2011 and life just keeps getting better. I was 29 when I started taking accountability so god knows how long it will take some of these other ppl to.

is that the date you got married, or when your child was born?

after losing so much stuff over many many years, I decided to have a back up strategy for everything, phone, tablet, laptop, home pc's, you name it..
I wont bore anyone here with details, but, as far as the phone is concerned, I run Titanium once a week, or, daily if I add new apps, and I always nandroid 3 or 4 roms once they are setup, just in case..Also, once a month, I pull my external SD and back it up to my pc, which gets back up to 3 different places...overkill maybe, but I don't lost anything anymore!
Storage is cheap and easy now a days, so you can never have too much money, too much sex, or too many backups!! :silly::laugh:

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
is that the date you got married, or when your child was born?

That was the day I checked into rehab. And began to live an honest life. Be truthful to everyone. And more importantly truthful to myself. With that came accountability. And life is just so much easier and happier now.
:thumbup::D

RambJoe

Jul 29, 2010
Do those who have data working get the execve permission denied error in dmesg?

Does this print anything?

Code:
su
dmesg | grep execve

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** If you are interested in taking over the project, pm me **

Offical Site
    XDA Forums
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    IRC(User)
    JIRA

Disclaimer
    Flash at your OWN Risk

How to Install
    Install TWRP
    Factory Reset
    Format System
    Install ROM
    Install Google Apps
    Install SuperSU

How to Update
    Goto SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperSU backup script
    Goto Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now
    This will download and install latest OTA

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP
    ROM
    Google Apps
    SuperSU

Known Issues

Developer Stuff
    COMPILE YOURSELF
    Github
    Gerrit
    IRC(Dev)
    Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    UtkarshGupta, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, OmniROM Team
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SGH-i317
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2013-10-22
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Right, because calling, texting, and mobile Internet are features of a smartphone, not core functions that literally make a smartphone, a smartphone.

/s

Good news!
    1)Closed source camera blob has been merged.
    What does this mean ? This means a very stable camera + much faster.
    2)Sensor fix has also been merged into builds. So you don't need to flash it.
    Also, I highly recommend either formating /system (not data) & manually flashing next build when it comes out, or you may run into problems.
    This will not effect any of your data. Just flash latest build, gapps, supersu.
    Next build will reflect new changes :)
    There is no data

Little warning to the people who are about to flash this. THERE IS NO DATA OR BROADBAND

However, Wifi does work, and you can probably use Google Voice until regular SMS is fixed.