FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v2.0.1] SoundSeeder V2.0 - Multi-Speaker Music Player (August 7th)

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: SoundSeeder V2.0 release! Completely redesigned UI, Material Design, Theme support, ...
16th August 2017, 09:27 AM |#401  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Great to see how this project has grown over the years. I like the new UI, especially the dark theme...

Is it possible to run soundseeder on my Fire TV Stick? Has anyone experience with this?

I don't have a amazon fire stick, so I can't tell you any details, sorry.
But I know that other users successfully run soundseeder on the fire tv stick. (at least the speaker-only apk).

Please keep me updated if it works or if there are any problems.

12th October 2017, 12:23 AM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've seen mentions of windows supports but I can't find a link to the exe. Have I misread? I'd like to have my fireTV's set up as speakers and then send music from my windows laptop.
Is this possible?
17th October 2017, 04:31 PM |#403  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Great to see how this project has grown over the years. I like the new UI, especially the dark theme...

Is it possible to run soundseeder on my Fire TV Stick? Has anyone experience with this?

I've had success with the 2.x version of soundseeder on my firetv. You need 'MouseToggle For FireTv" for some of the controls but once you have that it seems to be working. Couple of limitations:
1) without google play services you can't upgrade to the unlimited connections version,
2) without google play services you can't access google play music.
This does hinder it a lot but hopefully the developer will try to get the app to work in the Amazon environment.
7th November 2017, 03:52 PM |#404  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhugelberg

I just stumbled upon this app while doing some research into a planned diy project.

I want to convert two passive speakers into wireless active ones and then be able to stream music to them from Android Devices as well as Linux/Windows Machines.

Now the Android Part is straightforward with your app. Just integrate a raspberry pi or old android phone into both speakers and run the app or java receiver on them, start the app on the streaming Phone and stream away.

Now to the Linux/Windows Part:
Is there any way to directly stream from a Linux/Windows machine to an android phone or raspberry? The Java Application seems to be a receiver only, and the only way i found on your website is running a separate HTTP/DLNA Stream on the Windows/Linux Machine and start playback of this stream on an Android Device. If at all possible i would like to be able to cut the Android Device completely out of the mix if desired.
Would running your app via an Android Emulator be possible?

I am also interested in this concept.
My biggest issue with WIN is that trying to link multiple speakers causes lag always (known issue). This would be a solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)