FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v2.1.5] SoundSeeder - Group Music Player (March 28th)

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 203

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: New in SoundSeeder V2.1.5: DLNA renderer support!
16th August 2017, 08:27 AM |#401  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Great to see how this project has grown over the years. I like the new UI, especially the dark theme...

Is it possible to run soundseeder on my Fire TV Stick? Has anyone experience with this?

I don't have a amazon fire stick, so I can't tell you any details, sorry.
But I know that other users successfully run soundseeder on the fire tv stick. (at least the speaker-only apk).

Please keep me updated if it works or if there are any problems.

11th October 2017, 11:23 PM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've seen mentions of windows supports but I can't find a link to the exe. Have I misread? I'd like to have my fireTV's set up as speakers and then send music from my windows laptop.
Is this possible?
17th October 2017, 03:31 PM |#403  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Great to see how this project has grown over the years. I like the new UI, especially the dark theme...

Is it possible to run soundseeder on my Fire TV Stick? Has anyone experience with this?

I've had success with the 2.x version of soundseeder on my firetv. You need 'MouseToggle For FireTv" for some of the controls but once you have that it seems to be working. Couple of limitations:
1) without google play services you can't upgrade to the unlimited connections version,
2) without google play services you can't access google play music.
This does hinder it a lot but hopefully the developer will try to get the app to work in the Amazon environment.
7th November 2017, 02:52 PM |#404  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhugelberg

I just stumbled upon this app while doing some research into a planned diy project.

I want to convert two passive speakers into wireless active ones and then be able to stream music to them from Android Devices as well as Linux/Windows Machines.

Now the Android Part is straightforward with your app. Just integrate a raspberry pi or old android phone into both speakers and run the app or java receiver on them, start the app on the streaming Phone and stream away.

Now to the Linux/Windows Part:
Is there any way to directly stream from a Linux/Windows machine to an android phone or raspberry? The Java Application seems to be a receiver only, and the only way i found on your website is running a separate HTTP/DLNA Stream on the Windows/Linux Machine and start playback of this stream on an Android Device. If at all possible i would like to be able to cut the Android Device completely out of the mix if desired.
Would running your app via an Android Emulator be possible?

I am also interested in this concept.
My biggest issue with WIN is that trying to link multiple speakers causes lag always (known issue). This would be a solution
28th March 2018, 07:44 PM |#405  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Release v2.1.5
Hello friends. Here is a new soundseeder update. This time I've implemented a DLNA Media Renderer Mode.
You can now control the playback of soundseeder remotely via 3rd party dlna apps like BubbleUpnp.
And in cooperation with the app "AirAudio" soundseeder can now stream the system sound of rooted devices to your connected soundseeder speaker.
Let me know what you think about the new features.

Full changelog:
- DLNA renderer mode
- New meta data dialog
- Audio sync improved
- Shuffle/Repeat reset fixed
- OxygenOS Volume fixed
- DLNA Media Server listings fixed
- Radio Stations sorting fixed
- New rewarded ads to increase the timeout limit of the free version
And much more...

For more details check the first page of this thread.

Greets,
jens
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
28th March 2018, 08:43 PM |#406  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 389

More
Nice Update! I tested some low budget Multiroom Audio solutions like Apple's AirPlay, Logitech Squeeze, etc on RPi3/Kodi & old Android smartphones/Intel Nuc. Soundseeder works best. Sync like hell und resynchronize works also. THANKS Jen's. My one and only feature request is a Kodi Add-on.

But AirAudio needs a Magisk template update I think:
Code:
- Copying zip to temp directory - Installing AirAudio_-_stream_your_music!-v1.zip - Mounting /system, /vendor, /data, /cache *********************************** ! /data/magisk isn't setup properly! ! Please install Magisk v14.0+! *********************************** Failed! ! Installation failed
I'm on Magisk 16.3 (also not working on 16.2) under Android 8.1.

Can I also resynchronize over DLNA Media Control? I don't think so or?
What's up with an own remote solution for the player. I'm using an old Android smartphone connected per audio cable on my AV Reciver.

Ok, I think i know now the concept behind Soundseeder. It's really weird the possibilities of this app. I can also remote a player without giving the sound content from my smartphone in my hand.

Send with much love & Android.
29th March 2018, 07:12 AM |#407  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hello Will it work on Galaxy s7?
29th March 2018, 06:21 PM |#408  
Flag Berlin

More
This app will almost work on any smartphone with Android 4.1+!

30th March 2018, 12:29 PM |#409  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0j0e

Nice Update! I tested some low budget Multiroom Audio solutions like Apple's AirPlay, Logitech Squeeze, etc on RPi3/Kodi & old Android smartphones/Intel Nuc. Soundseeder works best. Sync like hell und resynchronize works also. THANKS Jen's. My one and only feature request is a Kodi Add-on.

But AirAudio needs a Magisk template update I think:

Code:
- Copying zip to temp directory - Installing AirAudio_-_stream_your_music!-v1.zip - Mounting /system, /vendor, /data, /cache *********************************** ! /data/magisk isn't setup properly! ! Please install Magisk v14.0+! *********************************** Failed! ! Installation failed
I'm on Magisk 16.3 (also not working on 16.2) under Android 8.1.

Can I also resynchronize over DLNA Media Control? I don't think so or?
What's up with an own remote solution for the player. I'm using an old Android smartphone connected per audio cable on my AV Reciver.

Ok, I think i know now the concept behind Soundseeder. It's really weird the possibilities of this app. I can also remote a player without giving the sound content from my smartphone in my hand.

Thanks n0j0e!
For support for AirAudio and Magisk you should contact the developer of airaudio. I'm sure he can tell you more about this.

Would you like to use Kodi as speaker? If any one here has experience with building Kodi add ons, please let me know. Maybe there is a way to include the java speaker into kodi...?!

For now the dlna feature is limited to the standard playback controls (play, pause, next, prev, volume, ...). Remote controlling the player is on my todo list, but I need a good concept to access the media library of the player remotely, without confusing the users...
30th March 2018, 12:57 PM |#410  
Flag Berlin

More
What i mean a remote function only.
I will completely remote maybe a SoundSeeder Kodi Addon in Player mode.
So i can with SoundSeeder installed on my smartphone start playing music on Kodi.
Content comes completely from Kodi!

P.S.: Yeah i know with AirAudio Magisk it is better to contact the dev from AirAudio.
But it doesnt help your SoundSeeder App and AirAudio when its completely broken on newer Magisk, i thin v.16+
30th March 2018, 05:52 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello jens,
thanks for the update. Great work!

I've noticed, that I can now share youtube videos and playlists to soundseeder and that the videos are available in the app and can be added to a playlist!
But, the playback fails.
As the feature is not mentioned anywhere I think this is not supported? Any chance to get this working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)