FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v2.0.1] SoundSeeder V2.0 - Multi-Speaker Music Player (August 7th)

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: SoundSeeder V2.0 release! Completely redesigned UI, Material Design, Theme support, ...
12th August 2013, 09:40 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe

Love the widget on player side. Works great.
Is it possible to get a widget on the speaker side too? Perhaps showing track information, player name and possibly a connect to found player button?
Also, transparency settings on both widgets?
Sorry for all the requests, but this is a perfect use for some of these old phones I have laying around.
Great job so far, purchased to support future development.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Thank you @kroewe! For your support and your ideas!
The widget for the speaker is planed but will take some time.

A configurable transparency for the widgets would require a slightly different design and a dedicated settings dialog for the widgets. We will keep it in mind, but this has low priority for now. But what we will do, is increasing the current default transparency of the widgets.

12th August 2013, 12:25 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Love the widget on player side. Works great.
Is it possible to get a widget on the speaker side too? Perhaps showing track information, player name and possibly a connect to found player button?
Also, transparency settings on both widgets?
Sorry for all the requests, but this is a perfect use for some of these old phones I have laying around.
Great job so far, purchased to support future development.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry, i know this sounds like a very supid question, but how can i add the new widgets to my homescreen?
I can't see them under widgets?
12th August 2013, 02:29 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Sorry, i know this sounds like a very supid question, but how can i add the new widgets to my homescreen?
I can't see them under widgets?

When you have updated the player to v0.6 there should be two widgets selectable "SoundSeeder small" and "SoundSeeder large".

Have you tried to reboot or completly uninstall and reinstall the Player?
12th August 2013, 05:31 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

When you have updated the player to v0.6 there should be two widgets selectable "SoundSeeder small" and "SoundSeeder large".

Have you tried to reboot or completly uninstall and reinstall the Player?

:thumbup: The rebooting helped, now I can select the widgets. Great job!
12th August 2013, 11:20 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

:thumbup: The rebooting helped, now I can select the widgets. Great job!

Good to know. Which phone and android Version do you use? I didn't have this issue when i updated my test devices...
13th August 2013, 12:43 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
since going pro, i cannot keep a speaker connected, have tried with three different phones set up as speakers. get several random disconnects per minute. if i connect more than one speaker, they all randomly disconnect and sometimes reconnect on their own. very seldomly will all three stay connected.
i am running the player on a note 2 with slimbean, the speakers i have tried connecting are a samsung infuse running PAC 4.1.2, an old htc hero running cm7 and on old optimus s stock 2.3.6.
cant tell if the problem is player side or speaker side as the player continues to play but when looking at the list of speakers you can see the speakers disconnecting and sometimes reconnecting, sometimes staying disconnected until reconnecting them through the player side.
13th August 2013, 08:16 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:

since going pro, i cannot keep a speaker connected, have tried with three different phones set up as speakers. get several random disconnects per minute. if i connect more than one speaker, they all randomly disconnect and sometimes reconnect on their own. very seldomly will all three stay connected.
i am running the player on a note 2 with slimbean, the speakers i have tried connecting are a samsung infuse running PAC 4.1.2, an old htc hero running cm7 and on old optimus s stock 2.3.6.
cant tell if the problem is player side or speaker side as the player continues to play but when looking at the list of speakers you can see the speakers disconnecting and sometimes reconnecting, sometimes staying disconnected until reconnecting them through the player side.

Good morning kroewe.

"random disconnects" sound like a Wi-Fi issue (speed, signal strength) or like a problem with the device performance.
Can you please try the workarounds for the known issues, i posted above:

Quote:

If your connection is lost, when your device suspends, try the following steps:
- Set "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Always"
- Deactivate "Wi-Fi optimization"
- Connect your device to the power adapter while using SoundSeeder to prevent sleep mode.
[...]
- Check the Wi-Fi signal strength and traffic load. A dedicated mobile HotSpot for SoundSeeder might bring a better performance.

13th August 2013, 09:58 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm a litte bit sad today, since I the Player and the Speaker can't see eatch other, from hotspot to wifi.

I tried on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 before purchased and I work flawlessly. Then I purchased I can't use it on my phone (XPERIA ray, CM10, Android 4.1.2, ROM SUPER JELLY BEAN 5.5).
Now I temporarily can't test it on the Tab, so I'm working on firgure out what is the problems here: purchased version, or my ROM, or what's else. I will report the result soon.

Anyway, I love this app so much and hope you keep developing it. And I have a idea of many Players, like wifi routers, a main one and others are repeaters. Maybe with that, we can connect more
13th August 2013, 12:17 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_plou

I'm a litte bit sad today, since I the Player and the Speaker can't see eatch other, from hotspot to wifi.

I tried on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 before purchased and I work flawlessly. Then I purchased I can't use it on my phone (XPERIA ray, CM10, Android 4.1.2, ROM SUPER JELLY BEAN 5.5).
Now I temporarily can't test it on the Tab, so I'm working on firgure out what is the problems here: purchased version, or my ROM, or what's else. I will report the result soon.

Hey v_plou,
I'm not sure if you are using the hotspot the right way.
What do you mean by "Player and the Speaker can't see eatch other, from hotspot to wifi"

When you create a hotspot with one device (i.e the player), you have to connect your speakers to the hotspots Wi-Fi network.
Have you done it this way?

Quote:

And I have a idea of many Players, like wifi routers, a main one and others are repeaters. Maybe with that, we can connect more

As far as i know, androids portable hotspot feature cant be used as Wi-Fi repeater.
But nevertheless you can connect multiple players to the same network and choose to which one you want to connect your speaker..
13th August 2013, 04:11 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Good to know. Which phone and android Version do you use? I didn't have this issue when i updated my test devices...

Nexus 4, with stock JB 4.3
14th August 2013, 10:30 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[QUOTE=jekatt;44575042]Hey v_plou,
I'm not sure if you are using the hotspot the right way.
What do you mean by "Player and the Speaker can't see eatch other, from hotspot to wifi"

When you create a hotspot with one device (i.e the player), you have to connect your speakers to the hotspots Wi-Fi network.
Have you done it this way?

I think the problems are the kernel or the ROM themselves, I went to other ROM and everything's fine now.
(CM10.1)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)