FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Your Google Play Store is blocked? Search/request your app here!

822 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,209

By Anubhav Agrawal, Senior Member on 4th August 2013, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2015, 09:37 PM |#10031  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDigitalJockey

Please let me know because I'm trying to use the app on a VPN and so far no success. This app is great and it would be amazing if it worked.

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk

I messed around with the TVPlayer app a bit, did some packet sniffing, and I discovered that the actual check wether you're using the app from within the UK is done on the media server side. That probably means the app can't be easily hacked.
However, I did get it to work using an app called SuperVPN. There's a UK VPN setting that is a 160+ day(!) trial so that's pretty neat. (I do recommend using AdAway to block the ads from SuperVPN though).
As I don't trust any (free) VPN I only use it in conjunction with DroidWall to make sure that none of my personal data goes through the SuperVPN connection. To do this I whitelisted SuperVPN and TVPlayer in DroidWall and I activate Droidwall and SuperVPN whenever I want to watch TVPlayer. A bit inconvenient but worth the effort I think

Cheers, ries
The Following User Says Thank You to riesdepies For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riesdepies Ad-Free

9th July 2015, 01:38 AM |#10032  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could you please grab Roku Remote app? Thanks!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote
9th July 2015, 06:54 AM |#10033  
Thanks Meter: 1,713

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe731

Are there any great game apps ?

nope. :what:

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"
9th July 2015, 09:45 AM |#10034  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman38

Anyone out there have the latest BT Sport APK (2.05) ?

Google play link: /store/apps/details?id=com.bt.btsport&hl=en-GB

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks !

Hello - can someone in the UK please post this for us ex-pats please.... thanks

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looloup

I found version 2.03 here: http://zswwh.com/Download_BT-Sport_APK.html

But I still get the VN014 warning message that a later version is available, but I can "Continue" and use it ...
howqever I don't know what the latest version is, or where to find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Looloup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Looloup Ad-Free
9th July 2015, 12:55 PM |#10035  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looloup

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I found version 2.03 here:

But I still get the VN014 warning message that a later version is available, but I can "Continue" and use it ...
howqever I don't know what the latest version is, or where to find it.

Thanks !

I don't know why this is so difficult to locate. In fact, I see that the latest version is 2.2.2 on Google Play.
9th July 2015, 06:49 PM |#10036  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riesdepies

I messed around with the TVPlayer app a bit, did some packet sniffing, and I discovered that the actual check wether you're using the app from within the UK is done on the media server side. That probably means the app can't be easily hacked.
However, I did get it to work using an app called SuperVPN. There's a UK VPN setting that is a 160+ day(!) trial so that's pretty neat. (I do recommend using AdAway to block the ads from SuperVPN though).
As I don't trust any (free) VPN I only use it in conjunction with DroidWall to make sure that none of my personal data goes through the SuperVPN connection. To do this I whitelisted SuperVPN and TVPlayer in DroidWall and I activate Droidwall and SuperVPN whenever I want to watch TVPlayer. A bit inconvenient but worth the effort I think

Cheers, ries

Thank you very much for your reply! I also don't trust free VPNs. I read that Hola VPN was selling the idle bandwith from the customers using their services to companies and because of their users connection were used to performe a DDoS attack. This was all confirmed by the CEO of the company. Really scary.

You mentioned that the block is on the server, is the block is made by the app server as a general rule or by each channel individually?

One solution would be to use a service like UnblockUS instead of a VPN. It's paid but much more secure and faster.

Do you know if this app supports chromecast? A VPN would block the chromecast connection but UnblockUS wouldn't. I'm gonna run some tests here to see what I can discover.

I had no idea that DroidWall existed! I was using an iPhone a few months ago and just now started to use Android. Thank you very much for the recommendation

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk
9th July 2015, 10:41 PM |#10037  

More
Could you please grab Roku Remote app from the US Market? Thanks a lot in advance!

9th July 2015, 10:44 PM |#10038  
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 680

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocQ

Could you please grab Roku Remote app from the US Market? Thanks a lot in advance!

Here you go!
God bless america
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.roku.remote.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.85 MB, 108 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmCentro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PalmCentro Ad-Free
9th July 2015, 10:46 PM |#10039  

More
Thanks a lot!!!!
10th July 2015, 04:08 AM |#10040  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ropar
Thanks Meter: 1,476

Donate to Me
More
Anyone from Netherlands?
Can post its apk?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fs14_row&hl=en

Thank you
10th July 2015, 08:48 PM |#10041  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hound beta
Can anyone post the latest version of Hound? Not available for Brazil for now...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nd.android.app

http://www.soundhound.com/hound

Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk, apps, blocked, download, google, play, region

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)