[Q] Creating a template install for a friend?

Search This thread

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Hey everyone,
My friend and I have the same phone (Motorola Razr I XT890). He's not very good when it comes to setting up his phone whereas my phone is set up pretty well with a specific launcher and specific apps for each task and then the settings of each app customised pretty deep. We use our phones in a similar enough way so rather than having to spend hours setting his phone up the way mine is, I was wondering is it at all possible to do a "template" of my phone that I can just put on his phone and it will give him the same apps with the same settings, but just have none of the actual user data, so it would be as if he's using my phone, just with his data? I don't have a lot of apps at all and use a very minimalist approach both in terms of the amount of apps I use (the less the better) and the style of my set up, yet it still takes me about 5 hours to go through everything any time I've started fresh.

I'm not very good with the technical side of things and don't want to have to go install a load of apps and pc programs etc which I may not be able to use to achieve this so if there's any simple way to do this, please share :) I would of course still settle on having to customise some of the apps, but it would just be nice if I could do it on his phone and when he turns his phone on for the first time after, it would look like mine with the homescreen layout, app icons etc.

We both paid some guy to root and unlock our phones and I believe we have clockworkmod if this makes anything easier?