[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

cliffgardner

Mar 6, 2007
twitter.com
The home button and search buttons do not work on my i-777 after loading CM9 RC2 for the i-777. Home button and search button works on other ROMs.

Before installing CM, I was running SHOstock and took the following steps:

• Restored to stock using Odin
  • Loaded CWM Recovery
  • Rooted
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Installed CM9 RC2 from internal SD
  • Installed Google Apps from Internal SD
  • Rebooted.

Everything appears to be working minus the home and search button. Is there a way to remap these? I didn't see anything in settings.

I redid all of the steps listed above to start from scratch and load again after downloading CM9 RC2 for the i-777 again (thinking it might have been a bad download) and I have the same issue.

I have now loaded the latest CM9 nightly for i-777 (cm-9-20120719-NIGHTLY-i777.zip ) after restoring to stock, installing cwm, rooting, wiping data, and wiping the cache.

On the new nightly, the buttons still do not work but everything else appears to be functioning.

Any ideas? Am I missing something really simple here?

Last edited:

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Do any of these builds after RC1 enable the SMS popup window from GoSMS on the lockscreen?? Maybe my biggest issue with CM9 has been that I can't reply to a text without unlocking my phone and going to the SMS app, etc etc.

I'm not sure about gosms, but I use the stock sms app with SMS Popup and I get the quick reply popup on the lockscreen and am able to reply without unlocking. I'd assume gosms would work as well. I'm on 7/17 nightly btw.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.everythingandroid.smspopup

moneyover

Jun 21, 2012
The home button and search buttons do not work on my i-777 after loading CM9 RC2 for the i-777. Home button and search button works on other ROMs.

• Loaded CWM Recovery
  • Rooted
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Rebooted.

Everything appears to be working minus the home and search button. Is there a way to remap these? I didn't see anything in settings.

I redid all of the steps listed above to start from scratch and load again after downloading CM9 RC2 for the i-777 again (thinking it might have been a bad download) and I have the same issue.

I have now loaded the latest CM9 nightly for i-777 (cm-9-20120719-NIGHTLY-i777.zip ) after restoring to stock, installing cwm, rooting, wiping data, and wiping the cache.

On the new nightly, the buttons still do not work but everything else appears to be functioning.

Just flash siyah kernal it will fix it or reflash rom but dont forget to format system too

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cliffgardner

raikol

Feb 11, 2011
Duluth

• Loaded CWM Recovery
  • Rooted
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Rebooted.

Works for me

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

karbon_4

Jan 13, 2012
Pandora works again!

:victory:

I haven't flash every single nightly, but I just did RC2 today and (drumroll) PANDORA works again!

I used to have the problem of volume dropping if I got another alert. I saw a few others had the same issue. Just wanted to share. (apologies if this has already been fixed with other nightlies)

** EDIT ** - i lied. it totally doesn't work. I got all excited for nothing. Sorry to the dashed dreams of Pandora lovers... It seemed to work but I tried it attached to better speakers and same issue.

Last edited:

rav4kar

Oct 30, 2011
Edison, NJ

• Loaded CWM Recovery
  • Rooted
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Rebooted.

I guess you flashed i9100 ROM first time.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

• Loaded CWM Recovery
  • Rooted
  • Wiped Data
  • Wiped Cache Partition
  • Rebooted.

You claim that you've installed the I777 release, but it's clear you didn't - as those are EXACTLY the symptoms you'd see if flashing the I9100 release.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

cliffgardner

Mar 6, 2007
twitter.com
You claim that you've installed the I777 release, but it's clear you didn't - as those are EXACTLY the symptoms you'd see if flashing the I9100 release.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah..no, clearly I did.

File names:

cm-9-20120719-NIGHTLY-i777.zip

cm-9.0.0-RC2-i777.zip

Tell me, which of those is for the I9100?

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

scidon37

Feb 20, 2011
Reactions: Ashhong

cliffgardner

Mar 6, 2007
twitter.com
Just flash siyah kernal it will fix it or reflash rom but dont forget to format system too

Thanks, moneyover. This kernel is what fixed it.

Side rant: We are very quick, perhaps sometimes too quick, to assume people are lying in their posts on XDA. I get that it isn't the good ole' days of 2006 when it was just HTC and Windows Mobile and that with the many more devices and operating systems, it probably does happen more frequently. Nonetheless, being too quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is lying, when you cannot find a missing step, isn't helpful to anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ywashingmachine

Ashhong

Feb 25, 2011

Biporch

Mar 4, 2012
Any one getting media server wake lock even though you stop the Apollo music app? I have to reboot freeze it for it to stop. On RC2

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

hi2u2

Jul 7, 2010
San Francisco
Something is seriously wrong with the new CWM on RC2. It is taking over 25 minutes to do a nandroid backup, with the cpu pegged at 100% the whole time (just a guess, based on how hot the phone gets).

The older CWM, in comparison, finished a nandroid backup in roughly 5 minutes.

rav4kar

Oct 30, 2011
Edison, NJ

Side rant: We are very quick, perhaps sometimes too quick, to assume people are lying in their posts on XDA. I get that it isn't the good ole' days of 2006 when it was just HTC and Windows Mobile and that with the many more devices and operating systems, it probably does happen more frequently. Nonetheless, being too quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is lying, when you cannot find a missing step, isn't helpful to anyone.

No offense but apologies. But it's pretty much all we could conclude based on what you mentioned in your post as symptoms of issue, but this forum is a very very matured/no troll/a lot efforts to help others forum.

As well I would like to request everyone if you find any issues with RC1/RC2 and "NOT YET REPORTED" or "NOT LISTED UNDER KNOWN ISSUES", feel free to submit in issue tracker (URL below) along with logcat (very important), also try to stay on RC(x) until you find if everything (your needs) works so that you can report as and when you find issues as nightlies are not qualified for bug report.

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/entry

Reactions: Simba501

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Something is seriously wrong with the new CWM on RC2. It is taking over 25 minutes to do a nandroid backup, with the cpu pegged at 100% the whole time (just a guess, based on how hot the phone gets).

The older CWM, in comparison, finished a nandroid backup in roughly 5 minutes.

+1

Reactions: Simba501

sir_dwtc

Apr 18, 2012
Random reboots

I've been having some occasional random reboots lately. I'm currently on 7/19 and have been updating to the latest nightly roughly once every 2-5 days. A few days ago I tried a TouchWiz-based ROM (did a full data wipe and everything), and then restored my nandroid backup (again, after wiping /data, although I'm not sure if that step is neccessary for a restore?) to return to my CM9 nightlies.

The reboots happen roughly once every couple of days, and it's never been when I'm actually using the phone. I'll just be working at my desk and look down to see the boot animation, even though I hadn't rebooted manually or even touched the phone in the previous 10 minutes. It's definitely possible for it to be happening more often and I just don't see it because I'm not looking at my phone.

I grabbed the logcat, but I read the first post on this discussion thread that submitting bug reports leads to male impotence... I sure don't want that :eek:

I haven't seen anyone else posting about random reboots, so I'll assume it's just me. I probably just need to wipe data again and flash a fresh nightly instead of updating what I've already got on here. I just thought I'd see if anyone else was running into something similar.

I'd also like to thank the devs for the amazing work on this incredible software.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

The problem: We see the exact problem report you claim in these forums at least once a week. Every time, without fail, it's because someone flashed I9100 firmware on their device.

If your home and search keys don't work, you've flashed I9100 firmware (specifically an I9100 kernel), simple as that.

Since no one else is reporting this problem with the RC or the nightlies, it says that you, and only you, flashed an I9100 kernel somehow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.