CyanogenMod 10.1 constantly screen freezing on Samsung Rugby Pro

Search This thread

Master YI

Feb 28, 2014
Well first of all I'd like to say I love cyanogenmod, and was very pleased when i installed it and all the ATT/google bloatware hassle disappeared. So anyway it started about a week ago, I would finish making a phone call or doing whatever on the phone, and then lock it.. Then when I go to use the phone again sometime later by pressing the power button to turn the screen back on, the screen stays black and is completely unresponsive, leaving me with only 2 options.

1.pull the battery and reboot that way
or
2.press the home/power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds to restart it.

This problem has been occurring more and more frequently and I'm getting to the point where it's happening so often I'm possibly going to use my backups to revert to the stock OS that it originally came with, which I'd rather not do if at all possible. Should I try an older version of cyanogenmod 10.1? Or Is there A new version for the samsung rugy pro? I know this is a relatively obscure, unpopular model, but its what I've got and I'm please with it.

So a little bit about my phone, and versions installed;

SGH-i547 (Samsung Rugby Pro)
Android version 4,2,2
Kernel version: 3.0.6.6-cyanogenmod-g0c5cbb22mcrosson@influenza #1 fri mar 15 18:58:44 UTC 2013
Cyanomod version- 10.1.-20130315- UNOFFICIAL - commance

I;m not sure what I've done wrong, maybe a particular app is causing interference, but I'm not sure which one it would be. I am considering installing an older version of CM 10.1, such as ALPHA 4 here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2067214, but I would like some opinions and suggestions from the forum first before I attempt anything. I'm pretty knew to the scene and I really don't know. Something is definitely causing the screen to freeze, and it must be just the screen because if i have music playing it will still play while the screen is frozen. I would greatly appreciate any advice/suggestions leading towards a resolution to this issue.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Remo666

Jun 25, 2014
Same problem

Well first of all I'd like to say I love cyanogenmod, and was very pleased when i installed it and all the ATT/google bloatware hassle disappeared. So anyway it started about a week ago, I would finish making a phone call or doing whatever on the phone, and then lock it.. Then when I go to use the phone again sometime later by pressing the power button to turn the screen back on, the screen stays black and is completely unresponsive, leaving me with only 2 options.

I have both: same attitude towards CM and same problem. I am also a total newbie to rooting/flashing/etc issues, but I'd love to continue using my CM 10.1 with Samsung Rugby Pro (SGH-i547).

So please, could you help me to solve this awkward issue?

Thanks!