flashrec recovery-backup.img?

Search This thread

goku14238

Nov 7, 2009
Southfield, MI
does anyone have their recovery-backup.img . I want to try reverting back to the original bootloader the update the new MR and install aman ra recovery again. If this works, this will save a lot of people alot of time. This way they wont have to flash the RUU back to the phone.

Please and thankyou :)

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
So I did:

flash_image recovery recovery-backup.img

Now when I try to boot to recovery I get a little yellow warning triangle with a phone laying next to it.

cmccracken

Nov 10, 2009
Glad I am a maniac about backing things up.

I tired this already, the update fails halfway through it. the phone reboots and tells you to call customer service with a error code.

http://rapidshare.com/files/308999685/recovery-backup.img.html

Anyone have a copy of this file? I'm getting the "download limit reached" error from Rapidshare.

Did anyone get this MR upgrade method to work? I'm running a stock rooted ROM, but I have the nandroid recovery image installed which is keeping the MR install from working.

cmccracken

Nov 10, 2009
No, it's 5 MB:

Name: recovery-backup.img

Size: 5MB | Hosted on: 23 Nov 2009 | Downloaded: 2 times

Thanks, I thought 147k sounded a little fishy. I downloaded a second time, and got the same 147k file size (no errors, just way too small). When I tried downloading from IE instead of Firefox, I started getting a "YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR FREE DOWNLOAD LIMIT" error message.