FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APK+SCRIPT+ZIP] Enable Init.d for Any Phones w/o Need of Custom Kernels!!!

3,548 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,233

Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2012, 04:32 AM |#41  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 51

More
hi,maybe can add my way to your troubleshooting guide. i found that odexed stock rom will not work with the script. but you can install script manager and set install-recovery.sh as boot,root and fav. this is how i make it work with odexed galaxy mini,mini 2,w,nexus,pocket.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jamestts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamestts Ad-Free
17th October 2012, 09:45 AM |#42  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestts

hi,maybe can add my way to your troubleshooting guide. i found that odexed stock rom will not work with the script. but you can install script manager and set install-recovery.sh as boot,root and fav. this is how i make it work with odexed galaxy mini,mini 2,w,nexus,pocket.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

I don't think so...there is something else causing it...tested using an odexed ROM...
17th October 2012, 12:44 PM |#43  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinferno

I don't think so...there is something else causing it...tested using an odexed ROM...

thx for the info. i installed busybox 1.9.3,run your script,reboot 3 times and check in data folder. but i didnt see the log file. so at first i click install-recovery.sh and select run in root explorer,then the log file appear in data folder. thats why i so sure with using the script manager to run that script on boot. after that i flashed geeky engine and comfirmed it does running. i think i still need to find out where is the problem caused. but thanks for the script.

Sent from my GT-I8150
18th October 2012, 08:59 PM |#44  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Added Zip-init...now users can choose to use terminal emulator or flash it through recovery...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryuinferno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryuinferno Ad-Free
20th October 2012, 07:08 AM |#45  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
My script is now being used in Droid Manager! Check it out!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1772338

But if you just want a simple script, just use Term-init or Zip-init...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryuinferno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryuinferno Ad-Free
20th October 2012, 08:23 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Perfect!

Works with LG P698 stock!
20th October 2012, 06:41 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
now i'm really starting to chase all threads how to create custom roms on android phone... thanks
21st October 2012, 10:00 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Amazing work with LG Optimus 2x

thx very much
22nd October 2012, 02:39 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
My work is featured in the XDA News Portal: Init.d Support for Any Rooted Phone (Thanks to the_scotsman! Thanks for the support!
22nd October 2012, 03:45 AM |#50  
Flag Ormond Beach
Thanks Meter: 27

More
This is probably a dumb question but here it is anyways??? Does this mod give performance tweaks and such or is it just to give our devices init.d support?? Sorry I'm just confused about what this really does for our devices??
22nd October 2012, 04:32 AM |#51  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subnoize soulja

This is probably a dumb question but here it is anyways??? Does this mod give performance tweaks and such or is it just to give our devices init.d support?? Sorry I'm just confused about what this really does for our devices??

It is just to enable init.d support...then you will have to apply scripts such as Thunderbolt, V6 supercharger, Supremancy script, Smurfed out script or maybe even Pimp my ROM (it contains init.d scripts)...after applying my script to enable init.d and the others, then only your phone's performance will be improved...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, init.d, stock kernel, terminal emulator

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)