[ROM][d802] Recovery Flashable d802 STOCK KitKat 80220B Open UK (root+recovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zanbay

Jul 27, 2009
Istanbul
Thanks

Spent hours to update manually and I saw your post, done!
Thanks alot my device running kitkat without any issue. :)
802 16 gb Turkish Rom...

albsat

Keep on eye on ephurumis' threads - he used my EUR version to create a recovery included version of the ROM and may do the same for this.

Note that my NOT doing this is to allow members to have a PURE STOCK ROM that is flashable. The Recovery version by its nature is NOT PURE STOCK.

Choice! :)

I understand and respect your idea. Just wanted to say that a modified pure stock with recovery is fun also for many users. Hope you find inspiration and make a kitkat UK stock Rom with recovery and root.

Cheers

SPBoss

Apr 30, 2012
I thought flashing via recovery would cause baseband issues? Apparently the kk baseband is not included

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

SPBoss

Apr 30, 2012
Wrong! Everything is included just like a kdz - as I state in the OP.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok bro i will flash it. IOroot25 has been updated to support kk root. Just thought people might want to know.

dj_destruction

Jul 7, 2010
A Massive Thanks.

Hi LenAsh

I have had a UK EE branded LG G2 since january and have been waiting for EE to push the KitKat update only to find out they are not going to be releasing it (not any time soon at least). So I went ahead and rooted and flashed a custom recovery so I could flash this rom. I followed your instructions to the letter but left out flashing the super user .zip as I am not to bothered about root at the moment, it flashed perfectly with no errors and booted fine and runs so fast. I have tested the music player with the head set that came with the G2 and it is crystal clear (and a lot louder) which is awesome, I also tested the head set with youtube and video app and its flawless I have none of the hissing or popping that other G2 owners are experiencing. All in all a great experience,

Thank you for taking the time to share your work. :good::good::good:

Last edited:

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Hi LenAsh

I have had a UK EE branded LG G2 since january and have been waiting for EE to push the KitKat update only to find out they are not going to be releasing it (not any time soon at least). So I went ahead and rooted and flashed a custom recovery so I could flash this rom. I followed your instructions to the letter but left out flashing the super user .zip as I am not to bothered about root at the moment, it flashed perfectly with no errors and booted fine and runs so fast. I have tested the music player with the head set that came with the G2 and it is crystal clear (and a lot louder) which is awesome, I also tested the head set with youtube and video app and its flawless I have none of the hissing or popping that other G2 owners are experiencing. All in all a great experience,

Thank you for taking the time to share your work. :good::good::good:

You're most welcome - and thanks for the kind comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Made this from the new 80220B UK kdz (Model A6GBWH and A6GBBK). This is the 16GB version, it MAY work on 32GB devices, BUT 32GB is NOT sold SIM Free officially in the UK.... only via dodgy Grey imports. Works well, no Bloat, no carrier logos or splashscreens. I'm on SIM Free UK version, for interest. But this will work on any European d802. 4G is fine.

This is the complete LG KK 20B ROM - nothing missing or messed with.

If you follow the method below exactly, no Audio glitches, no Touchscreen problems.

You can flash SuperSU and get root if you wish - your choice.

I provide this assuming you have an understanding of the terminology used below and appreciate that any flashing activity has some risk.

I strongly advise against using any form of restore from previous backups, such as TB or Nandroid.

Once the process is complete, custom recovery will be lost.

Method:

Download both the ROM zip file linked below and SuperSU zip file (if you want root) and copy to your SD card.

You need to be already on Rooted JB or PURE CM11 with either TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 (nothing else).

Reboot to TWRP recovery

Wipe: System, Data, Cache. Dalvik (nothing else)

Flash the ROM zip - ignore any "FAIL" warnings.

Wipe Cache and Dalvik (nothing else)

Go to the Mount page in TWRP and select System (leave the other defaults alone)

Flash the SuperSU zip - ignore any "FAIL" warnings

Reboot

Done

If you want to install TWRP after the above, see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496

Download from here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!eVpSRAwI!DgwPtGhEsBdm6iA4dTQTUfJc8WPfeu9UvAL5gZTMtAQ

Due credit and gratitude to somboons and Chainfire
    130 downloads + shedloads of kdz downloads and just 8 Thanks... unreal.
    Nice. Can you please post link of the kdz?

NO Root possible of course....

<response req_cmd="auth_model_check" status="OK">
    <auth_model_check>
    <result>OK</result>
    <esn>xxxxxxxxxxx</esn>
    <model>LGD802</model>
    <suffix>A6GBWH</suffix>
    <msn>309KPWQ368xxx</msn>
    <esn_date/>
    <sw_version>D80220B_00</sw_version>
    <sw_url>